Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Pretty disappointed now, Killzone ShadowFall doesn't have in game chat for multiplayer... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Wing126 wrote: »
    Pretty disappointed now, Killzone ShadowFall doesn't have in game chat for multiplayer... :/

Do you mean party chat?

Devs can disable party chat for multi-player games to prevent cheating.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It doesn't?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Varik wrote: »
    Do you mean party chat?

Nope, you can use party chat. There's no regular chat.

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/1qum04/can_we_please_all_ask_guerilla_games_for_ingame/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Varik wrote: »
    Do you mean party chat?

Didnt realise this. Thats a great feature imo. Did the 360 have that option>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Didnt realise this. Thats a great feature imo. Did the 360 have that option>

it did but it was absolutely ridiculous just for the shear fact it blocks you from talking to your friends in while playing with out having to listen to every moron in game when your on the same team

there was ways around it and it didnt stop cheating/boosting

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Wing126 wrote: »

Since everyone now will have a cheap ass free headset with their ps4, maybe its a good idea to not have regular ingame chat. Im nearly sure iv read that you can use party chat either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

No chat seems ridiculous! Is that the same in the other Killzone games?

I know from playing on vita that there is chat although... I was in a party.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Just keep it the way other games are. Nobody was complaining about that. You could mute saps. Why fix something that isn't broken? Foolish choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

I hope Xtra Vision call his week so I can figure out which bundle I will be getting... need to order a few extra titles online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,302 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

24 hours to go.
    KwpZKe2.png

Sorry if this has been asked already, but if I buy games on my US PSN acc, can I still play them using my Irish PSN acc or will I need to use my US one as my main one now? wcarey might be able to answer me as he has a PS4 already?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Oat23 wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked already, but if I buy games on my US PSN acc, can I still play them using my Irish PSN acc or will I need to use my US one as my main one now? wcarey might be able to answer me as he has a PS4 already?

I think (emphasising the think) you will be fine on your home console.

However if you were to get a second one, you'd have to be logged in as your US PSN to use that content.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Very cool...PS4 infra red images,

http://www.planetextech.com/m/blogpost?id=3143035%3ABlogPost%3A28868

Very nice article

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Hands down the best looking game on either console

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I love the NBA 2K franchise but every year I find the My Career so frustrating, I say I will not get the next one but end up getting it after seeing some vids. That vid has definitely pushed me to the side of having to get this now! I never played My Team or My GM but both actually look really good as well. Yeah, this is a must get for PS4!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

RUMOUR ALERT : Rumours out today that some FoxxConn employees [students / interns etc] sabotaged PS4's.

For anyone thinking of getting BF4 it seems like it is a total mess, was talking to a friend of mine over in US and his game is being plagued by random crashes, corrupted save games, completely broken online play and being kicked for no reason.

Dice are aware of all these issues and are meant to be releasing a patch early next week though, but it might be wise to hold off on the game to see if the patch fixes all these issues.
    PS4 stability issues

We are aware of the frequent crashes in Battlefield 4 on PlayStation 4. We are hard at work identifying these issues and are hoping to get a game update out early next week. Stay tuned for more details as we can confirm them, and thanks for your patience!

http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/18/battlefield-4-ps4-crash-fix-and-pc-xbox-360-patches-incoming-says-dice/

RangeR wrote: »
    RUMOUR ALERT : Rumours out today that some FoxxConn employees [students / interns etc] sabotaged PS4's.

That came out on saturday, been no new information since about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Whats the story with WowHD ?

NFS rivals is only 50 euro (65 elsewhere) .. do they ship from Asia?

I don't need it release day as I'll be playing AC4 but don't want to wait 2 months.

Only getting it last minute as it got great reviews ..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I've never read anything positive about wowhd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

maximoose wrote: »
    I've never read anything positive about wowhd.

it seems too cheap to be true ..

which online shop is the best?

Amazon.co.uk offers free delivery but that takes too long, and paid delivery is too expensive ..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

videogamesplus.ca seem to have generally good feedback on here, will be putting in a order with them myself in the next few days

As for amazon - paid delivery to Parcel Motel? Makes it cheaper and quicker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

What this new console needs is a new Wipeout game

EDIT: Gold Medal Awarded

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Strange that I actually got a warning for trolling when I said that I wouldnt understand how anyone would get excited by Knack - i think the ratings proves me point.

My young lad was playing Pirates of the Caribeen Lego and the graphics were almost as good as Knack.

It is all a bit disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Xenji wrote: »
    For anyone thinking of getting BF4 it seems like it is a total mess, was talking to a friend of mine over in US and his game is being plagued by random crashes, corrupted save games, completely broken online play and being kicked for no reason.

Dice are aware of all these issues and are meant to be releasing a patch early next week though, but it might be wise to hold off on the game to see if the patch fixes all these issues.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/18/battlefield-4-ps4-crash-fix-and-pc-xbox-360-patches-incoming-says-dice/[/QUOTE]

This sucks, imagine how I feel, getting the PS4 solely for that game and this is what happens? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

mozattack wrote: »
    This sucks, imagine how I feel, getting the PS4 solely for that game and this is what happens? :mad:

Knack seems to be working perfectly, I think you should get that instead of bf4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

mozattack wrote: »
    Strange that I actually got a warning for trolling when I said that I wouldnt understand how anyone would get excited by Knack - i think the ratings proves me point.

My young lad was playing Pirates of the Caribeen Lego and the graphics were almost as good as Knack.

It is all a bit disappointing.
    You should fix that broken record of yours.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Don't feed the troll.
    Back on topic please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Finally had a chance to play with the PS4 there. Very impressed with the new controller. This was my biggest concern coming from the 360. The coarse material on the handles is a really nice touch and triggers are a major improvement.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Couple of posts deleted - not a lot of time between my warning and these replies being posted, I'll give the benefit of the doubt.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement