Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

maximoose wrote: »
    videogamesplus.ca seem to have generally good feedback on here, will be putting in a order with them myself in the next few days

As for amazon - paid delivery to Parcel Motel? Makes it cheaper and quicker

on videogamesplus

NFS Rivals :
    This product will be in stock on Tuesday 07 October, 2014.

Can't wait that long :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Definitely getting NFS Rivals, COD Ghosts, Assassins Creed 4, NBA 2k14 and am considering Lego Marvel Super Heroes also.

Anyone's thoughts on Lego Marvel Super Heroes?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So heard from Gamestop in Tallaght today where i have the Ps4 order i will deffo be getting a console on launch day. Your man was fairly tight lipped about stock levels and what not but i guess if u ordered it before a certain time hopefully its looking like there should be no issues!.

Also mentioned it to him about the Facebook page he said that post was just for people who where not sure etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

For the XB1 Gamestop are staggering the release for pre-orders, wonder if we will see the same for the PS4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭richierichballs

Basically my brother lives over there and picked one up,
    Explained to me that they can be gotten quick easily aswell.

He is coming home for xmas and my nephew has his heart set on getting one off Santa.

Will it work over here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Yes

RangeR wrote: »
    Yes

Are you replying to me with reference to whether the ps4 is regional free or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

He was and it is

Sweet...

May aswell get him to pick one up for me aswell... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Oat23 wrote: »
    24 hours to go.
    KwpZKe2.png

Sorry if this has been asked already, but if I buy games on my US PSN acc, can I still play them using my Irish PSN acc or will I need to use my US one as my main one now? wcarey might be able to answer me as he has a PS4 already?

Good question I'll answer this today. I'm in wpork and will be home at lunch. I'll log onto my irish account and try and play resogun. I suspect that it will be fine but I'll report back later on with a definitive answer.

• Advertisement

It also has a universal power supply so will work over here and over there. You will just need a US to Ireland plug converter or, better, an Irish power lead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Good to see people on adverts are making their money off the console before its even released :pac:

RangeR wrote: »
    It also has a universal power supply so will work over here and over there. You will just need a US to Ireland plug converter or, better, an Irish power lead.

That I will mate,
    How strict are customs though about exporting these things?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shreddy Krueger

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    Good question I'll answer this today. I'm in wpork and will be home at lunch. I'll log onto my irish account and try and play resogun. I suspect that it will be fine but I'll report back later on with a definitive answer.

I have relatives going out to Boston at the end of november and im thinking of getting them to get me one, im just wondering whats the story on the different voltage and plugs ? What do I need to ensure I dont fry the PS4 as soon as I plug it in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

I have relatives going out to Boston at the end of november and im thinking of getting them to get me one, im just wondering what the story on the different voltage and plus ? What do I need to ensure I dont fry the PS4 as soon as I plug it in ?

Your answer is about 3 posts up from your question

you just need a us 2pin to UK 3 spin adapter, standard stuff, you don't need a voltage converter or anything. Just log in with your euro account to the PS4, there are no regional restrictions on ps4

That I will mate,
    How strict are customs though about exporting these things?

You might be lucky but, these days, it's unlikely. Factor in you getting hit with customs if you are getting it posted to yourself.

If you are bringing it in your self, obviously, you will have to go through the "items to declare" queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shreddy Krueger

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    Your answer is about 3 posts up from your question

Apologies, I feel like an ass. I had the forum open in a separate tab for a while so didnt see that haha, cheers anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Just played with the demo unit in Gamestop in tullamore.

Distinct lack of quality demos. Knack and FIFA and then Contrast, Octodad, Super Motherload and some pinball game. Not really a selections that would sell someone a console.

The controller is definitely a vast improvement over dualshock 3. Feels really high quality, a nice bit of weight to it. Sticks and triggers were good. D-pad feels like a mix between the vita pad and traditional dualshock pad- good in other words. My only complaint and even thought he controller is larger, is that I wish it was a tad bigger.

The hardware in general looks great and expensive. I dread to think how big the xbone is 8-O

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

maximoose wrote: »
    videogamesplus.ca seem to have generally good feedback on here, will be putting in a order with them myself in the next few days

As for amazon - paid delivery to Parcel Motel? Makes it cheaper and quicker

May be unrelated, but gamestop don't accept trade ins of non pal games. Just a heads up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm looking forward to playing Flower on the PS4, and it'll be free cause I bought it on PS3. Any excuse to play that again.

Liamario wrote: »
    Just played with the demo unit in Gamestop in tullamore.

Distinct lack of quality demos. Knack and FIFA and then Contrast, Octodad, Super Motherload and some pinball game. Not really a selections that would sell someone a console.

Octodad will the Game of The Year 2014 mark my words!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭jones

I actually never played flower on PS3 for some reason i kept missing it or getting distracted. How much will it be on + for the ps4 does anyone know? I loved journey & limbo.
    I'll have quite a few games to play at launch KZ, resogun and either fifa or assassins creed i havent made up my mind ha. Plus need for speed is getting great reviews surprisingly

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Yeah the reviews may sway me to pick up NFS. Undecided but i'd like a driving game.

jones wrote: »
    I actually never played flower on PS3 for some reason i kept missing it or getting distracted. How much will it be on + for the ps4 does anyone know? I loved journey & limbo.
    I'll have quite a few games to play at launch KZ, resogun and either fifa or assassins creed i havent made up my mind ha. Plus need for speed is getting great reviews surprisingly

I think its about €8 on ps3, once you buy it there you can download it for free on vita and Ps4 when it appears on the store next friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Actually can't wait for killzone, I'm so excited :D

I was only on here saying how i've gone right off driving games and the NFS peaks my interest.

What do you guys think between Fifa and AC4?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

FIFA, my interest in AC died totally after AC3.

Apparently AC4 is a step back in the right direction though and its been patched to run native 1080p on PS4 now.
    In fairness i'll probably get fifa just so i can show off the system to the lads when they come over for a tourney ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaveyLad

jones wrote: »
    I was only on here saying how i've gone right off driving games and the NFS peaks my interest.

What do you guys think between Fifa and AC4?

Have both ordered, if I had to pick just one it'd be Fifa but that's just cos I mainly play sports games but AC4 does look quality, really looking forward to it!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement