Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Moneymaker wrote: »
    FIFA, my interest in AC died totally after AC3.

They really have milked that franchise dry, almost as bad as call of duty!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Getting a PS4 Killzone bundle off Gamesnash on launch day, I didn't think I'd be getting one til the new year sometime so a very nice unexpected surprise! Mad to see Killzone in action even though I wasn't a fan of the previous installments. Mad to get AC Black Flag and NBA 2K14 as well. Also Resogun and Contrast look very interesting.

1tumblr_lgp6q5NhE21qcjtu8o1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Getting a PS4 Killzone bundle off Gamesnash on launch day, I didn't think I'd be getting one til the new year sometime so a very nice unexpected surprise! Mad to see Killzone in action even though I wasn't a fan of the previous installments. Mad to get AC Black Flag and NBA 2K14 as well. Also Resogun and Contrast look very interesting.

Did they ask for a kidney?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Nope, just some kind of sexual favour next time I'm in Meath....which I will gladly perform.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

They really have milked that franchise dry, almost as bad as call of duty!

Think you need to check out some of the AC4 reviews. Ubi have brought AC back from the dead with 4, almost no one has a bad thing to say about it. It's just pure fun to play and looks great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Nope, just some kind of sexual favour next time I'm in Meath....which I will gladly perform.
    Christ its the midlands, its going to involve animals :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

astonaidan wrote: »
    Christ its the midlands, its going to involve animals :pac:

Yeah one of the locals by the sounds of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Liamario wrote: »
    Distinct lack of quality demos. Knack and FIFA and then Contrast, Octodad, Super Motherload and some pinball game. Not really a selections that would sell someone a console.

Wait... You listen to the glorious intro song and tell me that won't sell units! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

tok9 wrote: »
    Wait... You listen to the glorious intro song and tell me that won't sell units! :D

Don't get me wrong, the game was fun to play. It would of course require some over consumption of alcohol in order to truly appreciate it. It was very unfinished though- dropped frames and aliasing everywhere. Hopefully those things are ironed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Don't get me wrong, the game was fun to play. It would of course require some over consumption of alcohol in order to truly appreciate it. It was very unfinished though- dropped frames and aliasing everywhere. Hopefully those things are ironed out.

I suspect they will otherwise it would be available to purchase now. Looking forward to this aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Hahahahahahahah fcuking hell thatsvmy first time ever seeing Octodad, that's fecking amazing i love it so much

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Dat sophisticated 'fish getting out of the way' tech.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭spiderjazz

Got to try out the PS4 in xtra vision Douglas. The controller is very nice alright, fits the hand well and the analogue sticks seem a lot more precise. I played the demos of Knack and Fifa, found them both very underwhelming graphically, hopefully we'll see a step up once it's out of the launch window.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ya that's fair enough. I imagine you would have played the e3 build of the game. I assume it was the wedding sequence which I played myself?

I'd say the game is probably at a much better state already. Hopefully anyway, as it's something I'm looking forward to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Guys that is certainly goty material right there
    omg thank you for introducing me to tht

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Still hoping to get that email. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,985 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

anyone know if Smyths are doing a midnight launch for the PS4?

Heard they were at least thinking about an XBOX One launch, not heard anything about a PS4 one though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Heard they were at least thinking about an XBOX One launch, not heard anything about a PS4 one though

I was told by the one at Childers Road Limerick that they are but I don't know if it's the same for every store

• Registered Users Posts: 45,985 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Deano7788 wrote: »
    I was told by the one at Childers Road Limerick that they are but I don't know if it's the same for every store

hhhhhmmmmmmmm, wonder does that mean I am not on the day 1 list, as i have heard nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

One in Galway definitely is, got told today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Anyone know if Xtravision will let us buy some PS4 accessories and games before launch?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Wing126 wrote: »
    Anyone know if Xtravision will let us buy some PS4 accessories and games before launch?

Don't know about accessories and doubt it but Ass Creed 4 is officially out in the UK and Ireland this Friday. No reason why shops can't start selling it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Don't know about accessories and doubt it but Ass Creed 4 is officially out in the UK and Ireland this Friday. No reason why shops can't start selling it then.

I saw game was planning on shipping it in 3 days. but I thought it was a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

198321 wrote: »
    Whats the story with WowHD ?

NFS rivals is only 50 euro (65 elsewhere) .. do they ship from Asia?

I don't need it release day as I'll be playing AC4 but don't want to wait 2 months.

Only getting it last minute as it got great reviews ..

A bit late, but I recently brought a headset off of them and had no issues. I think they are doing a 20% off all games sale during November, hence the prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    Good question I'll answer this today. I'm in wpork and will be home at lunch. I'll log onto my irish account and try and play resogun. I suspect that it will be fine but I'll report back later on with a definitive answer.

Didnt get a chance at lunch but just confirmed that my irish account works with my US PSN purchases. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,302 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    Didnt get a chance at lunch but just confirmed that my irish account works with my US PSN purchases. :)

Thanks for checking! Doesn't look like in arriving today after all. It arrived at DHL's delivery facility yesterday morning and then said "forwarded for delivery". I checked it now and it has checked back into the delivery facility, what they were doing with it for the last 24 hours is beyond me. I think someone needs to explain to the good folks at DHL what the word priority means in their priority shipping option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Whenabouts did you 'place your order'? I know you posted a thread about it at the start of the month and I ordered pretty much straight away after seeing it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement