Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Whenabouts did you 'place your order'? I know you posted a thread about it at the start of the month and I ordered pretty much straight away after seeing it.

I had put my name on the list a couple of days before posting that thread, wanted to confirm first it was okay to post it and I think there was already a good few people on the list by then as well as it had been up on their site a few days before that still.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I had put my name on the list a couple of days before posting that thread, wanted to confirm first it was okay to post it and I think there was already a good few people on the list by then as well as it had been up on their site a few days before that still.

Ah cool. I wont hold my breath so. Thanks for the heads up anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

anyone know if Smyths are doing a midnight launch for the PS4?

Heard they were at least thinking about an XBOX One launch, not heard anything about a PS4 one though

Fonthill Road, Dublin are doing a midnight launch

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Looks like EverQuest next will be coming to the PS4
    So far, MMORPG EverQuest Next has been confirmed only for PC, but it appears a PlayStation 4 version may be in the works, according to a tease from Sony Online Entertainment president John Smedley.

"We haven't announced, technically, that we're putting it on PlayStation 4, but it's fair to say that we're a Sony company so, you know, I say that with a smile on my face," Smedley told GamerHub TV (via CVG). "I can't wait to see it on the PS4."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/everquest-next-coming-to-ps4/1100-6416233/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Amazon Italy is saying the Definitive Edition of Tomb Raider will be released on the PS4 and Xbox One on the 24th January for €60.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/11/18/amazon-italy-lists-tomb-raider-definitive-edition-for-ps4-provides-date-and-details/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Im day one but won't be opening my ps4 until Christmas I hope Im not going to have any issues. It will hardly be as bad as my launch day 360 though. I sent it back without exaggeration about 10 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

King Krib wrote: »
    Im day one but won't be opening my ps4 until Christmas I hope Im not going to have any issues. It will hardly be as bad as my launch day 360 though. I sent it back without exaggeration about 10 times.

Maybe you should turn it on once before Xmas, just to make sure everything is running OK and to download the patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Most of the problems seem to be from one factory which happened to ship to Amazon.

I expect the European consoles were made in a different factory so I expect to be okay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah, open it just to test it anyway, that way if there's a problem you have a few weeks to send it off that you don't mind losing out on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭jones

Benzino wrote: »
    A bit late, but I recently brought a headset off of them and had no issues. I think they are doing a 20% off all games sale during November, hence the prices.

Does delivery take long from WOW HD? I've never heard of them before but some good deals on their website. Looks like delivery would take a while though as they state 5 to 10 business days delivery. Still Fifa 14 for 50 blips is good
    And PS4 games arent region locked are they?

EDIT just realised they are the old CDWOW that i use to use years ago not sure if i'll risk it though see as delivery always took an eternity with them

• Registered Users Posts: 15,301 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Mine arrived at some point this morning. Tested it there and it works (thank feck!). Resogun & NBA 2K downloading and should be ready when I get back this evening!

Resogun only took about 5 minutes actually. Tried it there and I forgot about the sound through the controller, when the womans voice said "human in danger" I almost shat myself. It was loud. Looks like a great game that I will spend hours on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

sound coming from the controller is a bit retarded when half of gamers use headphones and wont hear it

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    sound coming from the controller is a bit retarded when half of gamers use headphones and wont hear it

Presumably that possibility has been thought of :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

its not all the sound its just some effects, same with knack when you collect relics there is a little noise, its a nice feature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Can the sound through the controller be switched off?

I remember reading it can be turned off but not sure where ya do it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

yeah you hold down the PS button to change what audio comes through the controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Can the sound through the controller be switched off?

I know for a fact the volume on the controller speaker can be reduced so it can probably be turned off too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Half of gamers use headsets? I must be on the wrong servers.

I'd also imagine less people would be using a headset for a single player game. I know I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

jones wrote: »
    Does delivery take long from WOW HD? I've never heard of them before but some good deals on their website. Looks like delivery would take a while though as they state 5 to 10 business days delivery. Still Fifa 14 for 50 blips is good
    And PS4 games arent region locked are they?

EDIT just realised they are the old CDWOW that i use to use years ago not sure if i'll risk it though see as delivery always took an eternity with them

Pretty sure I got it within 4-5 business days of ordering it. I haven't used them much now, but I've never had any issues with them when I have. Currently, they seem to have the best prices for PS4 games with the exception of VGP.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Nope, just some kind of sexual favour next time I'm in Meath....which I will gladly perform.

I seriously doubt it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

tok9 wrote: »
    Half of gamers use headsets? I must be on the wrong servers.

I'd also imagine less people would be using a headset for a single player game. I know I don't.

i said headphones.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

i said headphones.

What's the distinction really?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Any chance of the Gamestop website delivering mine before the 29th? I honestly don't think I can wait that long. I just want me some Resogun!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

What's the distinction really?

I'd assume a headset is used for MP chat and headphones would be used so as not to disturb the household during late night gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

F1ngers wrote: »
    I'd assume a headset is used for MP chat and headphones would be used so as not to disturb the household during late night gaming.

If that is the case, you will be glad to know you can pump all of the game's audio through the controller's 3.5mm jack.

What are the chances of amazon releasing this early. Did anyone see the picture on cnet of all the consoles being packed into the warehouse. I'd love if they sent them out next Tuesday or something just for kicks ha

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,488 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well all you'll get is bragging rights. AFAIK they are all locked down pending a day one patch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement