Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Well all you'll get is bragging rights. AFAIK they are all locked down pending a day one patch.

But you can download the day one patch right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Otacon wrote: »
    If that is the case, you will be glad to know you can pump all of the game's audio through the controller's 3.5mm jack.

Class! I was never able to use headphones on my telly. Might splash out on a nice pair for Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Hope the audio's good quality, as I'll be playing the PS4 through my new PC monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Otacon wrote: »
    If that is the case, you will be glad to know you can pump all of the game's audio through the controller's 3.5mm jack.
    Wow didnt know this is the sound quality good would be great for night time gaming sessions

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Class! I was never able to use headphones on my telly. Might splash out on a nice pair for Christmas.

That's my plan too. Just ordered a Seinnheiser PX 200 II today. Ideal for when the neighbours are going to bed as I think they can hear everything I do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That's my plan too. Just ordered a Seinnheiser PX 200 II today. Ideal for when the neighbours are going to bed as I think they can hear everything I do.

eeeeewwwwwwwuuuuuuuuuuuu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Have a sweet set of Sennheiser headphones i picked up in 'Murica too. This will be great for when the missus is asleep

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Oat23 wrote: »
    Thanks for checking! Doesn't look like in arriving today after all. It arrived at DHL's delivery facility yesterday morning and then said "forwarded for delivery". I checked it now and it has checked back into the delivery facility, what they were doing with it for the last 24 hours is beyond me. I think someone needs to explain to the good folks at DHL what the word priority means in their priority shipping option.

I'd call them and make sure that there are no extra issues. I had a similiar issue with UPS although that was on import to the USA and there was a problem with Customs and if I didnt ring they probably wouldn't have rang me. It's probably nothing but worth the call either way for piece of mind.

EDIT : Nevermind glad it arrived enjoy it. And to answer some of the questions yesh the quality coming through the controller is good and you can turn it off in the PS4 menu and some games have the option of reducing/turning it off in game. As for not being able to hear the controller specific sounds whilst wearing headphones this to is pushed to the headphones. AS was said above the line "save the last humans" which comes through the controller speaker is audible in the headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    I'd call them and make sure that there are no extra issues. I had a similiar issue with UPS although that was on import to the USA and there was a problem with Customs and if I didnt ring they probably wouldn't have rang me. It's probably nothing but worth the call either way for piece of mind.

EDIT : Nevermind glad it arrived enjoy it. And to answer some of the questions yesh the quality coming through the controller is good and you can turn it off in the PS4 menu and some games have the option of reducing/turning it off in game. As for not being able to hear the controller specific sounds whilst wearing headphones this to is pushed to the headphones. AS was said above the line "save the last humans" which comes through the controller speaker is audible in the headphones.

Did you get a chance yet to plug an external hard drive in? Just wondering what happens if you connect a FAT32 formatted hard drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Deedsie wrote: »
    Did you get a chance yet to plug an external hard drive in? Just wondering what happens if you connect a FAT32 formatted hard drive?

What are you expecting, the ps4 wont detect it or play any media from it at the moment, I think the most you can do is transfer save files on a usb key.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Any more info on the blue light issue. Does any one know if Sony found out what's causing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Havent gotten to it yet I'm afraid hoping to get it done before the weekend have work stuff, family and limited PS4 time at the minute so will try and get this done soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,301 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Plugged in a 500GB USB 3.0 drive formatted to FAT32 and as expected, nothing happened. There's nowhere on the console that it would show up like it does under Videos/Music/Pictures on PS3

Edit: NBA Live 14 IGN review is out...ouch.
    NBA Live 14 sinks lower than I ever thought this once-proud series could go. Making the totally fair comparison to NBA 2K14 would be like LeBron James playing a pickup game against an arthritic giraffe.

The Verdict

NBA Live’s flaccid return is made all the more disappointing because we waited three years for it. After all that time, NBA Live 14 in no way advances the basketball sim genre and, worse, leaves little to be optimistic about for next year. Here’s hoping EA figures something out, otherwise this series’ comeback is going to be short-lived.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

From Kotaku, what is the best HDD to go with your PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

ill be getting a 1tb hybrid drive after christmas sometime :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Any more info on the blue light issue. Does any one know if Sony found out what's causing it?

A number of people have found it to be issues with the HDMI port

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    Havent gotten to it yet I'm afraid hoping to get it done before the weekend have work stuff, family and limited PS4 time at the minute so will try and get this done soon.

No worries
    Oat23 wrote: »
    Plugged in a 500GB USB 3.0 drive formatted to FAT32 and as expected, nothing happened. There's nowhere on the console that it would show up like it does under Videos/Music/Pictures on PS3

Edit: NBA Live 14 IGN review is out...ouch.
    Thanks for trying it out. I was just curious what would happen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Xenji wrote: »

Still no HGST 7k1000 test .damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭mugs11

Guys, with eircom but I need a new router as the Zyxel one I have is finished. Games on the PS3 were never that enjoyable and I didn't figure it was the router but seemingly that's the cause. So I need a new one and want it replaced before I pick up the PS4. What's a good one to get and where can I pick one up in Dublin city centre?

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057085516

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 mothb

I know its late but does anybody know of a shop in cork/ limerick where i can order it and have it before xmas???? Or am i pissing in the wind?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

mothb wrote: »
    I know its late but does anybody know of a shop in cork/ limerick where i can order it and have it before xmas???? Or am i pissing in the wind?

Try Argos/Tesco on launch day, be early. Otherwise just pre-order anywhere and hope for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

8 days, 22 hours and 4 minutes till PS4. Smyths galway are doing a midnight release

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

beercr8te wrote: »
    8 days, 22 hours and 4 minutes till PS4. Smyths galway are doing a midnight release

What are the odds they are overstocked? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

Timmyctc wrote: »
    What are the odds they are overstocked? :pac:

It doesn't look good i'd say unless you go to argos or tescos on launch day.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭3206jake

Xenji wrote: »

Ordered a 1TB last night of Amazon only £49.00

Will we have to download firmware 1.51 to a flash drive for launch day. Nice to see a patch this early. Sony are on the ball it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Will we have to download firmware 1.51 to a flash drive for launch day. Nice to see a patch this early. Sony are on the ball it seems.

There will probably be a 1.55 by next week.

Does everyone still have their vitas

padair wrote: »
    There will probably be a 1.55 by next week.

Does everyone still have their vitas
    I have a Vita... Why ?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I have a Vita... Why ?.

Remote Play, baby. It's in 1.5555555

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement