Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

padair wrote: »
    There will probably be a 1.55 by next week.

Does everyone still have their vitas

Yep, was playing Killzone online last night. I now can't wait for Shadow Fall, and I don't even play online that often normally :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Patch 1.51 incoming!

jifl.jpg

Keep up the Good Work! USA USA USA!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Patch 1.51 incoming!

jifl.jpg

Keep up the Good Work! USA USA USA!!!!!
    Thats class!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Does anybody know if Smyths Blanchardstown are doing a midnight launch?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Update 1.51 is live and is 323mb.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Xenji wrote: »

Nothing there to get too excited about, some minor UI stability stuff, download notifications, some sort of a patch for games. But I've seen nothing to rectify any of the issues people were having.

hallo dare wrote: »
    Nothing there to get too excited about, some minor UI stability stuff, download notifications, some sort of a patch for games. But I've seen nothing to rectify any of the issues people were having.

That is because the people are having hardware issues not software issues.

It seems that quite a few of the affected consoles were damaged in transit.
    When asked for an update, Sony supplied a statement almost identical to those issued last week, but with one notable change – the PS4 failure rate has risen from 0.4% to “less than 1%”, apparently due to new reports of damage in transit.

“There have been several issues reported, which leads us to believe there isn’t a singular problem that could impact a broader percentage of PS4 units. We also understand that some units were reportedly damaged during shipping. The number of affected PS4 systems is less than 1%, which represents a very small percentage of total units shipped to date and is within the expected range for a new product introduction.”

http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/19/ps4-failure-rate-under-1-sony-to-replace-affected-units/

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

hallo dare wrote: »

I'm pretty sure most of the issues were hardware based, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

3206jake wrote: »
    Ordered a 1TB last night of Amazon only £49.00

So you didn't bother with the Hybrid? Think I'll go with a Hybrid looks like the 8Gb Nand does help boot times according to the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭jones

Xenji wrote: »

Is there anywhere i can download it onto USB?

Edit on softpedia the size of 1.51 (EU version) is 307.9mb...why the difference i wonder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

So you didn't bother with the Hybrid? Think I'll go with a Hybrid looks like the 8Gb Nand does help boot times according to the video.

This is the one i'm getting for christmas.

Seagate 1TB SSHD

jones wrote: »

Edit on softpedia the size of 1.51 (EU version) is 307.9mb...why the difference i wonder

Probably compressed using WinZip or WinRar

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Why are you even going to softpedia to download this? You already have a doubt about it's size. Just download it from the official Playstation site.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Got a good look at the ps4 in smyths yesterday they had a demo of a game for tge camera.. one thing that struck me was tge controller has improved especially quality wise but the analogue sticks are in a horribly unatural position for fps games imo.. im interedred in seeing what sony can achieve from this gen... although the units that are faulty is bad advertising with rumored weeks of waiting to get a console replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭jones

RangeR wrote: »
    Why are you even going to softpedia to download this? You already have a doubt about it's size. Just download it from the official Playstation site.

I'm behind a firewall in work and was trying to google it on my phone nothing came up on the PS site itself so hence the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

If the Xbox can come back from the RROD fiasco and a reported failure rates through the years, then Sony can overcome their below 1% failure rate with this new console at launch. I can only imagine how ****e it would be to get a bogey console, but it seems to being blown out of proportion, just as it probably will with the Xbox One.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I'm behind a firewall in work and was trying to google it on my phone nothing came up on the PS site itself so hence the question.

It's not live yet. There is one site saying it's live 5 minutes ago but not on PS.com. Give it a while. There is no rush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I'm in 2 minds about the hard drive question.

On the one hand a 1TB hybrid drive would be nice, more capacity and is the best middle ground between a cheaper but slower standard drive and a quicker but far more expensive SSD.

However... I'm a bit of a tech geek and run a little part-time gig in the evening repairing Pcs/laptops when I'm not knocking out code during the day.

When anyone (either customer or friend) asks me for hard drive buying advice my very first piece of advice is only buy a new disk when you really need one. My thought being that it's almost guaranteed that in a few months you'll get a bigger drive for cheaper. That special offer today won't look that special in six months when you might actually start using it.

So is there any disadvantage in holding off a few months before upgrading the drive, apart from slower access times? Will I need to transfer data or will game saves, downloaded games etc. be synced down from the cloud and all I need to do is re-install retail games?

Grayditch wrote: »
    If the Xbox can come back from the RROD fiasco and a reported failure rates through the years, then Sony can overcome their below 1% failure rate with this new console at launch. I can only imagine how ****e it would be to get a bogey console, but it seems to being blown out of proportion, just as it probably will with the Xbox One.

Hey im not knocking ps4 due to the hardware issues sure xbox 360 had major problems, ps3 had major problems too. The xbox one could potentially have issues too...

While the rate is 1 percent I would be nervous of future failure rates.

No doubt tge ps4 is a quality piece of kit though..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Hey im not knocking ps4 due to the hardware issues sure xbox 360 had major problems, ps3 had major problems too. The xbox one could potentially have issues too...

No doubt tge ps4 is a quality piece of kit though..

Once the customer care after a breakage is first rate its not an issue for me!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

As you should be about anything made by human hands I guess, anything you ever buy where a human has interacted with the process :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,985 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Once the customer care after a breakage is first rate its not an issue for me!

same for myself.

I was hit with RROD 9 times with the 360, so I doubt the PS4 or Xbox One will give me anywhere near that amount of trouble.

If there is trouble, as long as the are replaced/fixed without major hassle i'll not be too bothered.

Sony are expediting all replacement consoles now, they kept back some stock in reserve for such an occurrence like this, the same as most big companies do, it looks like most of the problems have been traced back to transit issues with the console being damaged by the delivery companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭3206jake

Balls! thought it was,was thinking it was a bit cheap,are they all right for returning things,will get a hybird

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

My PS4 copy of Assassin's Creed just shipped from Gamestop. It's going to be a long week waiting for the console to play it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm as confident of buying a PS4 as I am of any piece of technology. Well, if I'm honest, more so, because I have a good history with Sony products (or they have a good history with me?). Should people wait until they're in the clear? Probably always. But I'm gonna chance it, without worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Really looking forward to getting a PS4 now, cannot wait to see all the great games on it in the coming years. Sony really have the best first party devs.

I am just looking forward to getting Res0gun downloaded when I get back home and playing it till it gets bright or I pass out.

As you should be about anything made by human hands I guess, anything you ever buy where a human has interacted with the process :pac:

That is an obvious statement tbh but the fact that there were system failures is there to see.. the issue I highly doubt will be widespread but you never know with electronics. I just hope my one is fault free now......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

That is an obvious statement tbh but the fact that there were system failures is there to see.. the issue I highly doubt will be widespread but you never know with electronics. I just hope my one is fault free now......

Uh huh :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement