Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

3206jake wrote: »
    Balls! thought it was,was thinking it was a bit cheap,are they all right for returning things,will get a hybird

They are you is it gone to shipping soon status on your account? You could try and open a live chat with one of their customer service reps to stop the order processing, if it's to late then you'll have to go through their return process, which I think is pretty painless.

Amazon don't have stock of the Hybrid themselves looks like stock due into them on the 30th of November, their is an amazon seller shipping them ok and the orders are fulfilled by Amazon, costs £82.95 plus a couple of quid for shipping this is the one you want http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Laptop-Solid-State-Hybrid/dp/B00BHRWHNI/ref=pd_cp_computers_0

I'm holding fire for the minute, Seagate aren't the most reliable HD manufacturer so would hate to get a faulty drive and having to return it.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭3206jake

They are you is it gone to shipping soon status on your account? You could try and open a live chat with one of their customer service reps to stop the order processing, if it's to late then you'll have to go through their return process, which I think is pretty painless.

Amazon don't have stock of the Hybrid themselves looks like stock due into them on the 30th of November, their is an amazon seller shipping them ok and the orders are fulfilled by Amazon, costs £82.95 plus a couple of quid for shipping this is the one you want http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Laptop-Solid-State-Hybrid/dp/B00BHRWHNI/ref=pd_cp_computers_0

I'm holding fire for the minute, Seagate aren't the most reliable HD manufacturer so would hate to get a faulty drive and having to return it.

Cheers mate! It just went to shipped this morning,I'll send it back and get a hybrid

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

9 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭3206jake

What's the story with returns ??

Do I get credit or money back to my bank account ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I have the gamer pack (with Killzone) coming before Christmas from Amazon hopefully.

AC Black Flag is on the way from VGP in Canada.

Now do I get another game or hold off??

I thinking between getting NFS Rivals or NBA 2k14.

Any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Any thoughts?

Both look awesome, I will be getting them at launch. Will hold off on Ass Creed and get it pre owned after Xmas. Ghosts, NFS, NBA 2k14 and Lego Super heros for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Mr.S wrote: »
    After playing with both Xbox One and PS4, PS4 (for me) is the clear winner. Coming from a Xbox 360 user.

creepy-smile-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-179.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

just watching how voice recognition works on xbox one (IGN video) and I feel really bad for people who are getting xbox .. I think I would be sick of repeating stuff all the time. (Xbox off, Xbox off, Xbox off, Xbox off - oh yea that worked)

Think PS4 is probably going to be worse but at least they don't put it as amazing feature - voice recognition, as it's clearly doesn't work for Apple, Microsoft, Sony or Google (yet) ..

198321 wrote: »
    just watching how voice recognition works on xbox one (IGN video) and I feel really bad for people who are getting xbox .. I think I would be sick of repeating stuff all the time. (Xbox off, Xbox off, Xbox off, Xbox off - oh yea that worked)

Think PS4 is probably going to be worse but at least they don't put it as amazing feature - voice recognition, as it's clearly doesn't work for Apple, Microsoft, Sony or Google (yet) ..

Does it work midgame or just in the menu or after a button command?

I can see that being an issue if it works midgame.

You could be in the middle of an online game of FIFA and somebody says ''Xbox off'' or something that even resembles those words and the thing shuts down causing a loss?!.

Maybe they have that covered, can't say I looked it up.
    But if it works mid game and it's just by saying those two words. I could definitely see it being an issue if you were talking in anyway while playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

They do. Kinect ignores all audio that didn't come from the MIC source. So anything said online or in game or in movie, doesn't register.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

RangeR wrote: »
    They do. Kinect ignores all audio that didn't come from the MIC source. So anything said online or in game or in movie, doesn't register.

Mic source? I presume Kinect just isn't 'listening' when not in the menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Sorry, I wasn't clear. The xBox knows what's outputting it's ignored. In short, everything that comes out of the TV other than your voice is ignored.

There was an article on it a while back. Mainly, the xBox shut off during an online game when his mates were having a laugh shouting "xbox off" remotely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

You could be in the middle of an online game of FIFA and somebody says ''Xbox off'' or something that even resembles those words and the thing shuts down causing a loss?!.

But if it works mid game and it's just by saying those two words. I could definitely see it being an issue if you were talking in anyway while playing.

I had the same concern originally but reading the Polygon review it seems during the set-up process it records the sound of the room and sound coming from the speakers while you are silent so it can differentiate between in room and and in game audio, so unless it's someone sitting in the same room as you I don't think it's an issue, and even then I think the Kinect will recognise who's holding the controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

anyone with a pre-order not wanting it anymore? my auntie is looking to get a ps4 for her son for christmas. she will pay whatever you paid off the ps4 order. PM me if interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Don't worry they have that covered :pac: be great craic if they didnt :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I have the gamer pack (with Killzone) coming before Christmas from Amazon hopefully.

Any thoughts?

I'm getting the Killzone pack as well but gonna get AC Black Flag and NBA 2K14 as well around Christmas. I always enjoy the NFS games but the newer ones have such a short life span. I think the series needs to do an ultimate package for their next game where you start Underground where you start off with a crap car on the mod street racer scene doing races and getting chased by cops. After getting a name for yourself, become a legit race driver like in Shift. After becoming champion racer of the world, then have an open world where you have access to all the fanciest cars to bomb around in. Now that would be a complete title from NFS.

NotorietyH wrote: »
    I had the same concern originally but reading the Polygon review it seems during the set-up process it records the sound of the room and sound coming from the speakers while you are silent so it can differentiate between in room and and in game audio, so unless it's someone sitting in the same room as you I don't think it's an issue, and even then I think the Kinect will recognise who's holding the controller.

I get what ye're saying about the TV.

But I wasn't talking about TV sounds.

Just over the course of playing the console I'm sure there'll be times you say ''Xbox'' either to someone in the room or online with your mic and something that might resemble ''off'' after it and it'll shut down.
    I googled the video in question after and saw there are numerous commands so it's probably any number could happen if the following word to Xbox sounded similar.

What I would say having viewed the footage is that, he mainly had to repeat the commands so that would probably negate the loose talk concern I had above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

I get what ye're saying about the TV.

But I wasn't talking about TV sounds.

Just over the course of playing the console I'm sure there'll be times you say ''Xbox'' either to someone in the room or online with your mic and something that might resemble ''off'' after it and it'll shut down.
    I googled the video in question after and saw there are numerous commands so it's probably any number could happen if the following word to Xbox sounded similar.

What I would say having viewed the footage is that, he mainly had to repeat the commands so that would probably negate the loose talk concern I had above.

if anybody would mess with me while playing I would kick them out of my house so not an issue for me. I just think that most people are going to be frustrated using voice commands .. I would hate to repeat it as often as the guy in IGN video ..

Also it might be embarrassing to skype with somebody and say : xbox (or Playstation) hang up and nothing, say it again and nothing .. I would feel like an idiot. And I could just press X instead ..

Also that you have to say full title - might be fun when you want to start playing 'Cthulhu Saves the World: Super Hyper Enhanced Championship Edition Alpha Diamond DX Plus Alpha FES HD' game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Good PS4 v XBox final verdict from Boogie2988 (Francis).
    In my opinion, he's hit the nail on head with the PS4 being #4thegamers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

MarkY91 wrote: »
    anyone with a pre-order not wanting it anymore? my auntie is looking to get a ps4 for her son nephew for christmas. she will pay whatever you paid off the ps4 order. PM me if interested :)

FYP :P

I am not sure yet. I want to try out the PS4 before I make up my mind. If I dont fancy it, I will most likely be putting it on Adverts or such. Not sure if thats any use to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Mark you get still preorder off amazon and have it before christmas. Probably the best bet.

miralize wrote: »
    FYP :P

I am not sure yet. I want to try out the PS4 before I make up my mind. If I dont fancy it, I will most likely be putting it on Adverts or such. Not sure if thats any use to you.

haha i was expecting a reply like that! i have mine fully paid off. genuinelly its for my cousin :)
    Mark you get still preorder off amazon and have it before christmas. Probably the best bet.

shes not into buying stuff online but if its the last choice then so be it. thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Possible good news for EU consoles owners. It is rumour so far but a good sign.

http://i.imgur.com/fMvVge6.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yiCNvlP.jpg

The image is too big to post it here directly.

Images are from NeoGaf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Poxy work firewall won't let me view the link. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

hallo dare wrote: »
    Poxy work firewall won't let me view the link. :mad:

I willl just tell you then.

Some people have the EU consoles and say "Made in Japan" so no Foxconn made consoles and general better build quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Lucreto wrote: »
    Possible good news for EU consoles owners. It is rumour so far but a good sign.

http://i.imgur.com/fMvVge6.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yiCNvlP.jpg

The image is too big to post it here directly.

Images are from NeoGaf

yes_5656.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Here are some games we can look forward to over the next while:

Winter 2013
    Mercenary Kings

Q3/4 2013
    Basement Crawl
    GlowTag
    CounterSpy
    Doki Doki Universe
    The Walking Dead Season 2
    Octodad: The Dadliest Catch :D
    Everybody’s Gone To The Rapture
    January 2014
    Don’t Starve

Q1 2014
    Outlast
    Daylight
    The Elder Scrolls Online
    Towerfall Ascension
    Planetside 2

‘Early’ 2014
    Driveclub
    The Witness

February 2014
    Rayman Legends
    The Lego Movie Videogame

Feb 22
    Dynasty Warriors 8
    Natural Doctrine

Feb 28th
    Thief

March
    inFamous: Second Son (March 21st)

Spring 2014
    MLB 14: The Show
    Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes
    Watch Dogs
    Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty!

Q2 2014
    Destiny

May 5th 2014
    EA Sports UFC

‘Mid’ 2014
    Hyper Light Drifter

July 2014
    Soul Saga

Q3 2014
    The Crew
    Dragon Age: Inquisition

Q4 2014
    Scivelation
    The Division

TBC 2014
    Hohokum
    The Order: 1886
    The Binding Of Issac: Rebirth
    Blast Em Bunnies
    Bound By Flame
    Child of Light
    Diablo 3
    Dying Light
    The Evil Within
    Galak-Z The Dimensional
    Guilty Gear Xrd
    Lords of The Fallen
    Mad Max
    N++
    Rogue Legacy
    Samurai Gunn
    Secret Ponchos
    Shadow Warrior
    Sniper Elite 3
    Strider
    Super Exploding Zoo
    Rainbow 6: Patriots
    Transistor
    Valiant Hearts: The Great War
    Volume
    The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
    Wolfenstein: The New Order
    Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
    Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
    Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
    Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
    Minecraft
    Primal Carnage: Genesis
    Rime
    Rocketbirds 2: Evolution
    Shadow Of The Beast
    Uncharted 4
    Deep Down
    Helldivers
    Guns Of Icarus Online
    Trials Fusion
    Project Heart and Soul

January 2015
    H-Hour – World’s Elite

April 2015
    Mighty No. 9

Mid 2015
    Project Phoenix

Q3/4 2015
    Star Wars: Battlefront

TBC 2015
    Cyberpunk 2077
    SOMA
    Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade
    Whore Of The Orient
    Kingdom Hearts 3 (currently missing from Square’s 2014 release schedule.
    Mirror’s Edge 2

TBA no date
    Fez
    Final Fantasy 15
    Tomb Raider 2 / sequel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

People on forums in the states saying streaming video through the browser is great, so lack of DLNA support at launch aint the end of the world

mirrors edge 2 is a year away </3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Seems Sony have reset alot of password in Europe (including mine) for some reason, so if you were planning on not logging in again till you get the PS4 I would recommend checking if your account user/pass combo is still working on https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/login.action?request_locale=en_IE

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement