Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,578 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

jimboblep wrote: »
    Alright stupid question how come the ps4 launch got delayed and is their any chance of getting one before christmas

It's not delayed, its out next Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The PS4 launch is delayed?

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭jimboblep

Sorry my bad i thought it was supposed to launch before the xbone

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

PS4 release is the 29th Nov, you'll probably be able to pick up a ps4 before xmas - just not on release day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

In the US yes, always 29th here though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

It launched in America before the Xbox - which is arguably the more important territory for Sony to launch in first seeing as that will be the main place for PlayStation to gain ground and market share.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Anyone got the Playstation App on iOS yet? They said it was out today, and available now, but i cant find it.

I have the other Official Playstation App but theres no update for it. Maybe it'll be out later.

http://uk.playstation.com/psn/news/articles/detail/item662387/Stay-in-the-game-with-the-PlayStation-App/?site_locale=en_GB&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My copy of ac 4 is getting ready to be dispatched from amazon :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

My copy of ac 4 is getting ready to be dispatched from amazon :-D
    Yeah picking my copy up today too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

NBA 2k14 has arrived :D Hopefully I will be able to pull myself away from Res0gun to play it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jvrk

Still no sign of ac4 from vgp it shipped the 8th first time ever using them.

jvrk wrote: »

Never seen it taking that long before and I have got about 20 games off of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

jvrk wrote: »

same here. mine was shipped on the 12th though. only took me 7 days to receive cod ghosts

• Registered Users Posts: 9,777 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Currently waiting 9 days for my copy of Madden from VGP. Longest I have ever waited. Not too concerned though. It has a week to get here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I am getting AC Blag Flag from Amazon.co.uk and its dispatching today so hopefully I will get it by on/next Friday. I was going to get BF4 but its not released until next Fiiday which is a bit of a shame.

Is it cheaper to download full games from PSN than the €65/€70 that the likes of HMV/Gamestop are selling for?

e_e wrote: »
    Is it cheaper to download full games from PSN than the €65/€70 that the likes of HMV/Gamestop are selling for?

It is cheaper if you buy a US psn card and set up a US account, you will get the games for about 42 Euro that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

e_e wrote: »
    also do we get two installs like in ps3?

Xenji wrote: »
    It is cheaper if you buy a US psn card and set up a US account, you will get the games for about 42 Euro that way.
    Yeah I realize that, but am wondering if it'll still be only about 59.99 on the online store.

PS4 and PS Vita bundle confirmed, dropping before Xmas
    PlayStation 4 and PS Vita will be sold together as an ‘Ultimate Bundle’ in time for Christmas, Sony is said to have confirmed.

The news follows confirmation of this Tearaway PS Vita bundle for Europe.

It comes from an MCV report, which states that Sony’s handheld will also receive a £2.5 million marketing campaign.

A new advert titled, ‘The Best Way to Play’ will highlight the PS Vita’s connectivity with PS4, along with Media Molecule’s release Tearaway.

In a statement to the site, Sony’s senior product manager Ben Law said, “We’re really excited for Vita as we move into Christmas. We’ve got a great campaign with key messaging around new releases like Tearaway, the ever-growing game catalogue and the Remote Play service.”

So, the bundle seems to be happening, but we haven’t heard anything about this so far. We’re cautiously treating this one as just a report for the time being. In the mean-time we’ve asked our local Sony reps to confirm or deny it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

yes please

If it's before Christmas, it must be the OLED model too. Well worth jumping on for people who have neither system.

when is that subpar lcd model out?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

BZrXL6RCQAAg_qP.jpg:large

when is that subpar lcd model out?

No announcement of an EU or US release yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Klair88 wrote: »

Now, that;s the package I'm waiting for.....

<drool>

RangeR wrote: »
    Now, that;s the package I'm waiting for.....

<drool>

More info here, and on twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Timmyctc wrote: »
    also do we get two installs like in ps3?

No, you get 1 install and then the owning account in this case the US account will be able to use it on another system as long as it's online.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭mugs11

mugs11 wrote: »
    Guys, with eircom but I need a new router as the Zyxel one I have is finished. Games on the PS3 were never that enjoyable and I didn't figure it was the router but seemingly that's the cause. So I need a new one and want it replaced before I pick up the PS4. What's a good one to get and where can I pick one up in Dublin city centre?

Anyone got any suggestions?

• Advertisement

mugs11 wrote: »
    Anyone got any suggestions?

This is more suited to a different thread or even different forum, so we might be split out.

What eircom package do you have. "Up to 24 Mb" or "eFiber up to 70Mb"?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement