Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,301 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Able to access the Irish PSN store now, it wasn't online yet last I checked. Maybe it has been available on their website before now.

Disappointingly, 3rd party games are still €69.99. I'd definitely recommend doing what I did if you plan to go digital this gen. Buy some US PSN vouchers online (I have always used cardscodes and they are always emailed swiftly) and purchase your games from the US PSN store where they cost $59.99 (€44). NBA 2K14, BF4 and FIFA 14 would have cost me €195 in the shops here or €210 on the Irish store but they cost me €132 instead. It's well worth the effort of buying codes, setting up a US PSN account etc. and they are all working fine on my Irish profile (thanks again to wcarey for confirming that it would!).

Actually, they haven't even got NBA 2K on the Irish store. They do have Live 14 though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Oat23 wrote: »
    Able to access the Irish PSN store now, it wasn't online yet last I checked. Maybe it has been available on their website before now.

Disappointingly, 3rd party games are still €69.99. I'd definitely recommend doing what I did if you plan to go digital this gen. Buy some US PSN vouchers online (I have always used cardscodes and they are always emailed swiftly) and purchase your games from the US PSN store where they cost $59.99 (€44). NBA 2K14, BF4 and FIFA 14 would have cost me €195 in the shops here or €210 on the Irish store but they cost me €132 instead. It's well worth the effort of buying codes, setting up a US PSN account etc. and they are all working fine on my Irish profile (thanks again to wcarey for confirming that it would!).

Actually, they haven't even got NBA 2K on the Irish store. They do have Live 14 though :o

Thanks for the tip.

Just to confirm. You set up a US account with us vouchers, download the game and install. And if I was to log back into Irish account it would be there?

Pretty much saved me hundreds for the next 5 years if true

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Cwarim

So I finally got a pre-order, and paid off and guaranteed for friday! Whoo! Thank you BT!

Anyway, now I need to know where the cheapest place to get games is. Would the games be delivered by Friday if I was to buy them online now? What's the recommended online store for gaming? I've seen the digital prices and they aren't pretty.

Probably going to go with Battlefield and AC4. AC3 was a disgrace, but I grew up around Nassau (for a bit) so I am obliged to buy the first game I've ever seen set there! And as long as it's not the interminably dull American Revolution it can't be that bad.

Also hoping I get one of those made in Japan PS4s, if they exist!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Always bugged me how titles on the PSN Store were €69.99. In comparison titles are only $60 on the US Store so we're getting ripped off majorly. I dunno why Sony charges those prices.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Cwarim wrote: »
    Anyway, now I need to know where the cheapest place to get games is. Would the games be delivered by Friday if I was to buy them online now? What's the recommended online store for gaming? I've seen the digital prices and they aren't pretty.

Amazon, VG+ and the US PSN.
    VG+ you will not get it from them by friday.
    Amazon you should, especially if you use PM.

Always bugged me how titles on the PSN Store were €69.99. In comparison titles are only $60 on the US Store so we're getting ripped off majorly. I dunno why Sony charges those prices.

I always thought it was the publishers that set the prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Cwarim

F1ngers wrote: »
    Amazon, VG+ and the US PSN.
    VG+ you will not get it from them by friday.
    Amazon you should, especially if you use PM.

Thanks, appreciate the answer. Amazon don't seem particularly cheap at the moment, I suppose such is life in the next-gen. I'm visiting family in Canada for Christmas, so I'll pick up some games there rather than importing.

I guess the best bet is to just get one game off of Amazon until then. I'll have Flower through Cross buy and there's Resogun and Contrast on the PS+, so I won't be lacking things to play!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

ah jesus...midnight launches can suck my balls. ill be awaiting on my PS4 til midnight from now on with my cardscodes code ready :D

EDIT: if 60 dollars = 44 euro, how come a 50 dollar card = 46 euro?..hmm..still alot cheaper than the irish store anyways :)

Unearthly wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip.

Just to confirm. You set up a US account with us vouchers, download the game and install. And if I was to log back into Irish account it would be there?

Pretty much saved me hundreds for the next 5 years if true

That's it exactly. Your profiles can share games.
    MarkY91 wrote: »
    EDIT: if 60 dollars = 44 euro, how come a 50 dollar card = 46 euro?..hmm..still alot cheaper than the irish store anyways smile.png

If you change the price to $ you'll see it costs $56.49 for $50. They have to make money too :)

Cardscodes is just my personal choice and I have used them over 20 times the past few years. There might be cheaper out there that someone can post up. Amazon.com charge $50 exactly, but I cannot use my Irish debit card to buy from them as you need a US billing address.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

ah jesus...midnight launches can suck my balls. ill be awaiting on my PS4 til midnight from now on with my cardscodes code ready :D

EDIT: if 60 dollars = 44 euro, how come a 50 dollar card = 46 euro?..hmm..still alot cheaper than the irish store anyways :)

Try PCGamesSupply, much better value

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

but would i not be charged the 46 euro over 56.49? ive never bought US cards so im new to this.

ill be doing it on a regular basis on PS4 :)

• Advertisement

but would i not be charged the 46 euro over 56.49? ive never bought US cards so im new to this.

ill be doing it on a regular basis on PS4 :)

It's probably cheaper for me because I have $ balance in my paypal, it isn't converted to € at the ridiculous exchange rates paypal do have.

PCgamesupply seem to have a good € exchange rate and it will cost €42.04 there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

That's it exactly. Your profiles can share games.

If you change the price to $ you'll see it costs $56.49 for $50. They have to make money too :)

Cardscodes is just my personal choice and I have used them over 20 times the past few years. There might be cheaper out there that someone can post up. Amazon.com charge $50 exactly, but I cannot use my Irish debit card to buy from them as you need a US billing address.

I have not had a problem using my visa debit card, just use a billing address for one of the tax free states.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭SlickTalker

Use Amazon. Com and set your state as florida.. For a 50 and 10 dollar card it works out at 45

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Use Amazon. Com and set your state as florida.. For a 50 and 10 dollar card it works out at 45

so If I buy card on amazon.com can I use it on my irish account?

Xenji wrote: »
    I have not had a problem using my visa debit card, just use a billing address for one of the tax free states.

WTF, that didn't work for me last time I tried it :(

Tested it there and it worked, got my $10 code using an Oregon address..GO DUCKS!

Thanks!

198321 wrote: »

That's what has always worked on ps3 and yesterday I asked about ps4 and it was confirmed it does work.

That's what has always worked on ps3 and yesterday I asked about ps4 and it was confirmed it does work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

so also if I buy $49.99 PS+ on amazon.com can I use it for 1 year here?

Sorry for stupid questions, not too familiar with it ...

If anyone was still in doubt about which basketball game to get, have a look at this comparison, god NBA Live is woefully bad.

Xenji wrote: »
    If anyone was still in doubt about which basketball game to get, have a look at this comparison, god NBA Live is woefully bad.

The lead producer of Live has already apologised for the shi*tyness of the game.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nba-live-14-producer-it-s-been-a-rough-week/1100-6416348/

• Advertisement

Corrinne Yu leaves Microsoft for Naughty Dog

Pretty big coup for for Naughty Dog, Corrinne Yu is possibly one of the best graphics programmers in the business at the moment, it will be a big loss for Microsoft.

981JtRA.jpg

kkk569H.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

so also if I buy $49.99 PS+ on amazon.com can I use it for 1 year here?

Sorry for stupid questions, not too familiar with it ...

No you can only use that with a us account, same as if you buy it in the uk it can only be used with a uk account. You need to buy it here to use in an Irish account.

Just need a ps4 to play it on now :/

CombatCow wrote: »
    No you can only use that with a us account, same as if you buy it in the uk it can only be used with a uk account. You need to buy it here to use in an Irish account.

Not true. I am using my Irish PSN online without activating PS+ on it as my US account has the free 30 day trial running. You only need 1 PS+ account per console. You just need to set your PS4 as the US account's primary console for it to be able to share everything (games, PS+..)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Not true. I am using my Irish PSN online without activating PS+ on it as my US account has the free 30 day trial running. You only need 1 PS+ account per console. You just need to set your PS4 as the US account's primary console for it to be able to share everything (games, PS+..)

You either need a account who's set that console as it's home console with plus or to be playing on any other PS4 with an account with plus.

I dislike the new system and much prefer the older 2 activated systems rather than 1 home and 1 online system.

Sure we know you can share content, but you can't buy a US ps+ Subscription and activate it under an Irish account.

Likewise you can't use your US ps+ account to get Irish ps+ content obviously as they are two separate accounts.

CombatCow wrote: »
    Sure we know you can share content, but you can't buy a US ps+ Subscription and activate it under an Irish account.

Likewise you can't use your US ps+ account to get Irish ps+ content obviously as they are two separate accounts.

I wasn't aware the US and Europe had different PS+ content as I've never used it before. Not bothered anyway. I'll just renew it with the US one as it's cheaper. But I'm curious, which was considered to have the better games each month on PS3?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,777 ✭✭✭lertsnim

European had a much better selection

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Just to clarify.

I already have UK PlayStation plus. If I set up a US account, and use the amazon cards to buy a game, could I access online of that US game with my Irish account using my UK PlayStation plus subscription? Or do I need to be playing on my US account with US PlayStation plus?

• Advertisement

Yeah I just have an Irish PS+ subscription myself, I found this pic tho, it show's some differences.

As Oat23 says, once you get content you can play it under any account, now that the multiplayer is "locked" to PS+ I guess you will have to play with the account that has PS+ on it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement