Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

CombatCow wrote: »
    As Oat23 says, once you get content you can play it under any account, now that the multiplayer is "locked" to PS+ I guess you will have to play with the account that has PS+ on it.

I THINK as long as you have an account with PS+ on the PS4 then any account on the system can play online. Dont know where I read it but I remember being delighted to hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,301 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I THINK as long as you have an account with PS+ on the PS4 then any account on the system can play online. Dont know where I read it but I remember being delighted to hear it.

My online friend's brother bought PS+ for their console, I was playing NBA 2K with him the other day, he doesn't have the PS+ logo beside his name but online still works because his brother's profile has it.

Same goes for me, US account has PS+ symbol, Irish one doesn't but I'm playing Battlefield online with my Irish account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Lads I would be really grateful if someone could do a guide on how to use American PS+ offers on your console here I am seriously lost in the above posts and I want to take advantage of the cheaper US plus prices. I have a PSN that I set up for Ireland what do I need to do next. I won't have any console until Friday though

Thanks in advance

srumball wrote: »
    Lads I would be really grateful if someone could do a guide on how to use American PS+ offers on your console here I am seriously lost in the above posts and I want to take advantage of the cheaper US plus prices. I have a PSN that I set up for Ireland what do I need to do next. I won't have any console until Friday though

Thanks in advance

When you say you want to take advantage of the cheaper plus prices, do you mean just the cose of the yearly subscription or do you want to download games and everything from the US store?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Oat23 wrote: »
    When you say you want to take advantage of the cheaper plus prices, do you mean just the cose of the yearly subscription or do you want to download games and everything from the US store?

I'd like to be able to access the US store for.games etc and the cheaper yearly sub but then use them on my Irish PSN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Oat23 wrote: »
    My online friend's brother bought PS+ for their console, I was playing NBA 2K with him the other day, he doesn't have the PS+ logo beside his name but online still works because his brother's profile has it.

Same goes for me, US account has PS+ symbol, Irish one doesn't but I'm playing Battlefield online with my Irish account.

That answers everything for me. Great stuff lads, a cheaper life beckons :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

so for us in ireland, the best thing to do is buy games off the US store but NOT get a US psn+ card as we wont avail of the better european ps+ games and stick with an irsh ps+ card instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

MarkY91 wrote: »
    so for us in ireland, the best thing to do is buy games off the US store but NOT get a US psn+ card as we wont avail of the better european ps+ games and stick with an irsh ps+ card instead?

I've this set up:

Irish PSN Plus - Download and play games on my Irish profile

US PSN Plus - Download and play games using my US profile (purchasing vouchers for PSN online as mentioned previously)

I can play games downloaded from both Irish and US PS+ accounts, I can login to my Irish/Eu PSN and play games I've downloaded from the US store.

1. DLC needs to be downloaded from the correct store the game was downloaded from.

2. This isnt technically allowed from Sony, and its possible they may only have 1 account allowed going forward on the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shreddy Krueger

If I buy a US PS4 I assume I just sign into my irish psn account and use it as normal ? Downloaded content will work fine and everything on that account yes ?

srumball wrote: »
    I'd like to be able to access the US store for.games etc and the cheaper yearly sub but then use them on my Irish PSN

Okay, here is what I did.

You turn on your PS4, nervously wait and hope it isn't a taco bell special. When it comes on, go through the setup and when you get to the PSN part, log in with your Irish account.

When that is set up, go to Power > Log Out of PS4, on the UI and you will be brought to the profiles page, you will see the one you just created, choose New User.

This will take you through the setup again, when you get to the PSN login page click on create new account. Select United States as your country, type in your other info like DOB, use some random address and zip, it doesn't matter.

Now you will have two profiles on the PS4, your regular Irish one and the new US one for downloading from. To download, buy a $10/$20/$50 PSN card from Cardscodes, Amazon (best option if it accepts your credit/debit card. Enter US billing address from a tax free state (Oregon) like Xenji suggested. Make sure you choose the digital code one so you can get the code online!) or PCgamesSupply. Log into the US profile you made and go to the store, click redeem code, enter PSN card code you got via email from wherever you bought and then you will have the credit in your account. Buy game, download game, switch to Irish account, play game. Enjoy.

EDIT: Also, maybe this is something I did and forgot, maybe it does it automatically. On the US profile, go to Settings > PSN > Activate as your primary PS4 and activate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Lads, are ye 100% sure this US / EU craic will work on the PS4?
    Because it doesn't work on the Vita. Ie you can only play games owned by the acoount that's signed in at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

flynner13 wrote: »
    I've this set up:

Irish PSN Plus - Download and play games on my Irish profile

US PSN Plus - Download and play games using my US profile (purchasing vouchers for PSN online as mentioned previously)

I can play games downloaded from both Irish and US PS+ accounts, I can login to my Irish/Eu PSN and play games I've downloaded from the US store.

1. DLC needs to be downloaded from the correct store the game was downloaded from.

2. This isnt technically allowed from Sony, and its possible they may only have 1 account allowed going forward on the PS4.

So you have 2 Plus subs costing you €100 a year? I thought you only need one per console?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Batesy wrote: »
    So you have 2 Plus subs costing you €100 a year? I thought you only need one per console?

The EU sub only gives you EU content the US sub will only give you US content same if you were to make a Jap account. Only one sub is needed for anyone on that console to play online though. So to get everything you need all the subs. Once it's on the console anyone can use that content then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

What is the camera integration like, tempted to pick one up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

The EU sub only gives you EU content the US sub will only give you US content same if you were to make a Jap account. Only one sub is needed for anyone on that console to play online though. So to get everything you need all the subs. Once it's on the console anyone can use that content then.

Ah right, so you would only need a US plus account to get US Playstation Plus only content?

You don't need a US plus account to download full games from the US store though and once downloaded can use your IE Plus account to play that game online?

Batesy wrote: »
    Ah right, so you would only need a US plus account to get US Playstation Plus only content?

You don't need a US plus account to download full games from the US store though and once downloaded can use your IE Plus account to play that game online?
    Yep that's how it works

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

So you can unsub the US one when you dont need it?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gamesnash have NBA 2K14 and AC Black Flag up for preorder now. Not sure what to go for first! NBA is only 59.99, cheaest next gen game I have seen yet

http://gamesnash.ie/playstation-4-c-192/nba-2k14-ps4-p-2943.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Whatever about buying games off the US PSN store you'd be mad to go for US plus over the EU one unless all you're after is online play for the PS4.

I go onto the US PlayStation blog just to laugh at all the bitching about the great stuff Europe gets that the US doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Gamesnash have NBA 2K14 and AC Black Flag up for preorder now. Not sure what to go for first! NBA is only 59.99, cheaest next gen game I have seen yet

http://gamesnash.ie/playstation-4-c-192/nba-2k14-ps4-p-2943.html

AC IV is cheaper on Amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

AC IV is cheaper on Amazon.

Ah I don't bother with Amazon for games. I like buying off Gamesnash, especially for the next day delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Not long now chaps :)

Is there any benefit either way of getting say BF4 and fifa in store or on PSN?

Haven't pre ordered any games, just have killzone with the bundle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

I was in Tesco today (Clonmel) and they already have xbox one games .. lots of them on sale as I guess not too many people have xbox one ...

also next to it PS4 games .. also chart of best sellers but no games - it says all are out on 29th ..

I have smaller Tesco close to me so I hope they gonna have games too soon ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Are xtra vision doing the Fifa trade in deal for ps3 to ps4

Are xtra vision doing the Fifa trade in deal for ps3 to ps4

They probably won't give you ps4 FIFA unless you buy 7 other games let alone do a trade in deal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Not long now chaps :)

Is there any benefit either way of getting say BF4 and fifa in store or on PSN?

Haven't pre ordered any games, just have killzone with the bundle.

Your download speed and usage cap would have a big part in the decision. Fifa is 9GB and while BF4 is just under 34GB do BF4 especially could take a long while to download.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Anyone play the PS4 in that room on St Stephens Green yet ? Is it worth going to ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Your download speed and usage cap would have a big part in the decision. Fifa is 9GB and while BF4 is just under 34GB do BF4 especially could take a long while to download.

Not to mention your non existent trade in value if you buy on PSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Not to mention your non existent trade in value if you buy on PSN.

If you buy games from outside Europe on the cheap you cannot trade them in either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Hi,

Are headphones working on ps4 now? I hear a patch was issuing on launch so that USB headphones would work, did this happen?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement