Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

mozattack wrote: »
    Hi,

Are headphones working on ps4 now? I hear a patch was issuing on launch so that USB headphones would work, did this happen?

Happened before launch, came with 1.5 of the software

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Not to mention your non existent trade in value if you buy on PSN.

Good point and I see the logic now considering the size of the files.
    Is BF4 expected to be a complete sellout, should I preorder?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

They're here! That's the one I'm getting! The Killzone Mega Bundle! It's beautiful. 5 days to go!!

NRa29Vz.jpg?1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

*Rocks back and forward*

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Leitrim Lady

Tis true I'm afraid...ms only supplied Argos with 400 consoles!!theres 750ish stores so only certain stores got them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Cancelled my Amazon pre-order, the sterling price has it at €535-540, and while I'd like the €440 killzone bundle i'm better off with the separate console and game rather than buying a camera and extra controller that I won't be using.

Still angry at Gamestop, but I have a chance of getting the PS4 on Thursday before the rest so it's not all bad; still would like the €20 off with the bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Leitrim Lady

I was told by a argos manager today that
    argos only got 2 xbox1s in ireland and they were sold in liffey valley
    he isnt a manager in liffey valley and I reckon he was talkin pony
    2 consoles for the whole entire nation me ball sack
    Tis true I'm afraid...ms only supplied Argos with 400 consoles!!theres 750ish stores so only certain stores got them...
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

There is irony in the fact that we are one of the countries that has preordered/bought next gen the most, yet we never get enough stock. For anything else for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

It is odd with the amount of pre-orders Ireland has but miss out on the media features.

I wonder will we get Video Unlimited and the IGN app. I doubt it but it would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

miralize wrote: »
    Happened before launch, came with 1.5 of the software

will the sony pulse work? i didnt think it would be patched in until a good few weeks. i heard no news about 1.5 giving USB headset uspport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lucreto wrote: »
    It is odd with the amount of pre-orders Ireland has but miss out on the media features.

I wonder will we get Video Unlimited and the IGN app. I doubt it but it would be nice.

To be honest, it was shock for me, and I believe it was a shock for both ms and Sony that a small country like Ireland has such amount of gamers. Who knows, maybe they will now pay more attention to us.

Anyway, its one of the rare times, when I want weekend to end as soon as possible so it would be next week! Then Thursday! Then Thursday 12h!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I really wish you could skip days.

29th feels like its a decade away :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

To be honest, it was shock for me, and I believe it was a shock for both ms and Sony that a small country like Ireland has such amount of gamers. Who knows, maybe they will now pay more attention to us.

Anyway, its one of the rare times, when I want weekend to end as soon as possible so it would be next week! Then Thursday! Then Thursday 12h!!!

It is going to be a long week alright.

Gamestop has taken the money so I am waiting for the dispatch notice. If I get it Thursday I will have to wait until Friday to open it because I promised my brother to wait until he gets home. I regret making that promise.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lucreto wrote: »
    It is going to be a long week alright.

Gamestop has taken the money so I am waiting for the dispatch notice. If I get it Thursday I will have to wait until Friday to open it because I promised my brother to wait until he gets home. I regret making that promise.

You better pray it would come in on Friday. I have a feeling there will be a cluster ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

miralize wrote: »
    There is irony in the fact that we are one of the countries that has preordered/bought next gen the most, yet we never get enough stock. For anything else for that matter.

It is only per capita, other countries have ordered far more than us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Any one check any of the demo consoles to see if they were Japanese made?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Xenji wrote: »
    It is only per capita, other countries have ordered far more than us :)

I think the PS2 was similar. 700,000 sold in Ireland, but per capita it was the second highest world wide.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Hawkeye1

198321 wrote: »
    I was in Tesco today (Clonmel) and they already have xbox one games .. lots of them on sale as I guess not too many people have xbox one ...

also next to it PS4 games .. also chart of best sellers but no games - it says all are out on 29th ..

I have smaller Tesco close to me so I hope they gonna have games too soon ..
    Ireland had the highest pre orders in Europe for xbox one, I got one, its a great console, im getting both

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Had a play of one in the Gamestop in Limerick, it looks bloody lovely, pad is nice too. Console looks really stylish I like the slanty-ness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Can't wait for Fifa. No online shooter has really grabbed my attention since Gears of War on the 360.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

really need to stop really all yer comments i wasnt terribly mad about getting a console till summer but now im just trying to wait till after janaury

oh god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

krudler wrote: »
    Had a play of one in the Gamestop in Limerick, it looks bloody lovely, pad is nice too. Console looks really stylish I like the slanty-ness.

Played it in Galway Friday morning, love the controller but Knack felt very, very average

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Some chap using his DS4 wit his Vita Remote Play..............Awesomo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

That is really great but the only downside is that you wouldn't achieve trophies under your account :S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

First time I can remember I want Monday to hurry up so I can work to help pass the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

CombatCow wrote: »
    That is really great but the only downside is that you wouldn't achieve trophies under your account :S

Maybe in future patches it might be implemented to work on master accounts. I cant wait to experience the PS4 in 2 years times when we're on, say, 2.0 System Software. The OS & UI will be well patched and run at max capacity, More sharing destinations and media issues resolved and, of course, The Mighty Gaikai!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Held my first DS4 today in Gamestop. The console was turned off though. I'm glad, I want to be experiencing it for the first time at home.

The controller feels great. Nice weight to it, sturdy enough. The bumpers feel a weeeenie bit out of comfortable reach jumping from the triggers, but maybe that will just take getting used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Played it a few days ago now and liked it.

Controller felt a little strange for a while but after 20 or 30 mins it felt fine.

Looked great too

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Not sure if posted already but Channel 4 could be worth watching this evening.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/media/news/a533270/ps4-channel-4-team-up-for-ad-campaign.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Spoonman75

Just had my first go at a PS4 at Gamestop. The only games available were Knack and FIFA. I'm crossing over from 6 years of playing the Xbox 360. The controller feels very different. It'll take some getting used to.
    Graphics look great though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement