Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

****e what are my options then to upgrade Fifa to ps4 version?? Bought from the Hut got the free ben shermans jocks offer :D

Hope you're not stuck for a clean jox, in my experience the hut are as slow as bedamned...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

King Krib wrote: »
    Hope you're not stuck for a clean jox, in my experience the hut are as slow as bedamned...

nah got them when fifa released so was badly in need of a change when they arrived :)

In fairness to the hut they had fifa despatched before release date and it arrived on the day of release, recently got arkham city special edition too and that only took about 5 days from despatch. so think they have improved greatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Greatness Awaits us all.

BZ6aWwSCYAABC0y.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Klair88 wrote: »
    Greatness Awaits us all.

BZ6aWwSCYAABC0y.jpg:large

none of them are mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I see they have a handle on the box, might invest in a pair of handcuffs for the short walk home on Thursday night, if anyone wants to take the console they will have to take me with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Xenji wrote: »
    I see they have a handle on the box, might invest in a pair of handcuffs for the short walk home on Thursday night, if anyone wants to take the console they will have to take me with it.

I would like if XV did a midnight opening, alas they will not, I shall be at the door from about 8am, hopefully they are opening early, to get the one I want

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Ahh that reminds me............must bring scissors:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Just so everyone knows playstation ireland are running a competition to win ps4s . You have to be free to travel to dublin on thursday

Just email
    competitionsie@scee.net
    with your name D.O.B and answer to the question
    "Best selling ps1 game of all time" think Gran turismo is the answer. 50 people chosen today and 50 tomorrow. eurryone lands to dublin and 5 of those 100 get ps4s :o

EDIT: theres a new question tomorrow btw

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Just so everyone knows playstation ireland are running a competition to win ps4s . You have to be free to travel to dublin on thursday

Just email
    competitionsie@scee.net
    with your name D.O.B and answer to the question
    "Best selling ps1 game of all time" think Gran turismo is the answer. 50 people chosen today and 50 tomorrow. eurryone lands to dublin and 5 of those 100 get ps4s :o

EDIT: theres a new question tomorrow btw

you decreased my chances of winning even more by posting this. thanks alot timmy :P

MarkY91 wrote: »
    you decreased my chances of winning even more by posting this. thanks alot timmy :P

Read the T&Cs. It says "1st 50 answers" get chosen, not "any 50" :P

• Advertisement

Read the T&Cs. It says "1st 50 answers" get chosen, not "any 50" :P

ahh. no chance of me being in the 1st 50. only sent the email 30 minutes or so ago

ahh. no chance of me being in the 1st 50. only sent the email 30 minutes or so ago

Same. But not many had liked/commented on the status at that stage so like. Maybe. Hopefully loads of them are numpties who didnt google the answer :P (The answer was GT right???")

so assassins creed finally arrives from VGP. it said on the package that it came from belgium :S lots of the writing on the case is also in french. whats the story there? cod ghosts wasnt like that.

also..both discs were NOT stuck into place in the case so they were shaking around the box for god knows how long!..no a scratch on them so i expect them to work.

Same. But not many had liked/commented on the status at that stage so like. Maybe. Hopefully loads of them are numpties who didnt google the answer :P (The answer was GT right???")

i had to google the answer and i got GT...wait..i mean, crash bandicoot...put that as your answer guys :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

so assassins creed finally arrives from VGP. it said on the package that it came from belgium :S lots of the writing on the case is also in french. whats the story there? cod ghosts wasnt like that.

also..both discs were NOT stuck into place in the case so they were shaking around the box for god knows how long!..no a scratch on them so i expect them to work.

VGP is in Canada and all packaging in Canada has to have both French and English on it.

Or maybe that's just in Quebec and Ontario, but VGP are in Toronto.

NotorietyH wrote: »
    VGP is in Canada and all packaging in Canada has to have both French and English on it.

Or maybe that's just in Quebec and Ontario, but VGP are in Toronto.

yeah i was thinking that but i dont understand why it came from belgium. little customs sticker is on it too from belgium. weird! ah well..i have the game. just need my ps4 now :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Notorioux wrote: »
    afaik the only receipt required is cod ghost.

Bf4 receipt also required for upgrade

if anyone is looking for cod ghosts on ps4 on the cheap. i have bought the ps3 version from gamestop and it has a code for that digitial download upgrade. also have the receipt for hmv if you want to return it for store credit toward a hard copy of ghosts.

im putting it on adverts on wednesday if anyone is interested as i have a ps4 copy already. 40 euro, free postage :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Today is going really slow :(

PS4 at home: EU set-up and UI impressions ahead of Friday’s launch, very good write up on it.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/25/ps4-at-home-eu-set-up-and-ui-impressions-ahead-of-fridays-launch/

• Advertisement

EA are really taken the piss with this
    EA PS4 games cost an eye-watering £63 from PlayStation Store

EA's PS4 games are £8 more than their Xbox One counterparts. FIFA 14 and co are £54.99 on the Xbox Games Store. Eurogamer published an article listing the games, their install sizes and prices from the Xbox One Games Store last week.

Even EA DLC is more expensive on PS4. Battlefield 4 premium is £39.99 on Xbox One and £42.99 on PS4.

Why the high cost on PS4? We've asked EA UK for comment.

EA isn't the only publisher with higher PS4 prices. Ubisoft is at it too, although the price differential is lower: £3.

Assassin's Creed 4 is £58 on PS4 and £55 on Xbox One. Just Dance 2014 is £40 on Xbox One and £43 on PS4. We've asked for comment.

It should be noted that both Microsoft and Sony do not set the price of third-party published games on their digital store fronts.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-25-ea-ps4-games-cost-an-eye-watering-63-from-playstation-store

That works out at about €75 euro per game, Ubisoft is at it as well, but not by as much, hope they all just use the US store.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Is that some sort of deal Microsoft have with them? Microsoft seem great at these deals, and exclusivity things. I'd rather they concentrated more on new games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

Wonder if there will be a crackdown on EU IPs making US PSN accounts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

EA are really taken the piss with this

That works out at about €75 euro per game, Ubisoft is at it as well, but not by as much, hope they all just use the US store.

so why would anybody buy it digital if you can get disc for 48 (amazon.co.uk) and than trade it in and get few €€€ back ...

ferike1 wrote: »
    Wonder if there will be a crackdown on EU IPs making US PSN accounts

I say you could get around that using a vpn.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

both are more expensive than what i'd be willing to spend on games, especially knowing the longevity of these games.

I'll get AC4+Killzone and that'll do me for ages...plus whatever PS+ has to offer.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Is that some sort of deal Microsoft have with them? Microsoft seem great at these deals, and exclusivity things. I'd rather they concentrated more on new games.

They did announce a partnership earlier in the year, so it could be down to that, Titanfall came from the same agreement.

Hmmm possibility of a new Siren game being released on the 29th of January, I did not even know they had one in development. It could be Bends new game that Shu said was in development and would make us "panic".
    Forbidden Siren PS4 mentioned in Sony press release

Forbidden Siren – or just Siren for those of you in other parts of the world – has been mentioned for PS4 in a press release issued by PlayStation Romania.

It announces a January 29 PS4 launch date in Romania.

“Furthermore, Sony Computer Entertainment studios around the world are working to develop more than 30 titles such as inFAMOUS: Second Son, The Order: 1886, Siren, Helldivers, Shadow of the Beast, and Everybody’s Gone to The Rapture. Of these, 20 games will be available in the first year since its launch, and 12 are not part of existing series.”

http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/25/forbidden-siren-ps4-mentioned-in-sony-press-release/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

The world would be a better place without EA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jvrk

Mine arrived too today via Belgium but everything on the case is in English. Also anybody have info on gamestops buy 2 get 3rd half price on ps4 games.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement