Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Trine is the only games that I think I will be buying off the PSN on launch day, seeing that we will have Contrast and Res0gun as well for free, along with Warframe, DC Universe Online and Blacklight Retribution, all 3 I will be downloading as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

DrMorphine wrote: »
    I added warframe, ign, resogun and contrast and completed purchase and now they should be in my download list when I first boot up PS4 rather than going to the store

They will be in your download list, but you haven't yet told your PS4 to auto download, so the games will just be there til you set up a d/l.

Myrddin wrote: »
    The only free content so far for PS4 is Contrast is it? Not including DLC, but actual games

Contrast and Res0gun free from PS+ and Warframe, DC Universe Online and Blacklight Retribution on top of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Xenji wrote: »
    Contrast and Res0gun free from PS+ and Warframe, DC Universe Online and Blacklight Retribution on top of that.

Curious, why do those games not show up in the IGC link when I click it?

They seem to be updating the store this evening, Res0gun is up now https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/ps4/cid=STORE-MSF75508-PS4CAT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Blacklight Retribution, Warframe and DC Universe Online are F2P games rather than games part of the IGC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Both Contrast and Resogun showed up as PS+ Free there, but when I added them to the cart they both showed up in the cart as €14.99 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Both Contrast and Resogun showed up as PS+ Free there, but when I added them to the cart they both showed up in the cart as €14.99 each.

I had the same, click on the little cart on the shop level view rather than going into the item page.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,777 ✭✭✭lertsnim

MarkY91 wrote: »
    so assassins creed finally arrives from VGP. it said on the package that it came from belgium :S

My game arrived today also via Belgium. Not seen that before but it's here in one piece so happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Ah bollocks,

I was fully convinced I was the 2nd batch in Smyths for the PS4, and so I had convinced myself that I wouldn't buy it until next year sometime. But Smyths just rang me, told me I am first batch, I amn't a very strong willed person :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Just bought Trine and the season pass for Assassin's Creed IV.

Going to wait a while before I get anything else. I have a lot of money in mypending page so I will wait until it clears before further purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Might have to get Trine, just so I have a local co-op game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Which version of trine came out on PS+, it doesn't show up as free and you can't search your download list.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm almost sure both Trine's have been free on plus. I could be wrong. This slighty different version of 2, I think, meaning I don't think it's free, even if you bought 2.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lucreto wrote: »
    Just bought Trine and the season pass for Assassin's Creed IV.

Going to wait a while before I get anything else. I have a lot of money in mypending page so I will wait until it clears before further purchases.

whats the season pass for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Has the EU playstation app finally updated?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

All future DLC packs at a discount price.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'm almost sure both Trine's have been free on plus. I could be wrong.

It's not cross buy so not bothered to get it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Extra single player missions and collectables from the pre-order bonuses, Multiplayer dlc and Single player dlc.
    Varik wrote: »
    Which version of trine came out on PS+, it doesn't show up as free and you can't search your download list.

It was trine 2 as well but it is not cross buy as it is a different publisher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

cloud493 wrote: »

It was delayed a week all across europe. It'll be out next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Wing126 wrote: »
    It was delayed a week all across europe. It'll be out next week.

Actually they said it would be out this week before the 29'th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

CombatCow wrote: »
    Actually they said it would be out this week before the 29'th

Ah, you're right. I had the delay as being announced yesterday but it was announced on friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭jaybe1

cloud493 wrote: »

It updated for me last Friday think it was. The update wasn't in the auto update in the app store but I started the old app and it was the new version. Weird

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

jaybe1 wrote: »
    It updated for me last Friday think it was. The update wasn't in the auto update in the app store but I started the old app and it was the new version. Weird

Same as me, I've had the App for a few days now. I just deleted the old app from my phone and re-installed it from the Store and i got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

you can side load it to Android, its pretty

This will be very handy, PlayStation 4 soon-to-be owners will be able to pre-download the latest firmware ahead of launch day, potentially speeding things up on launch day.
    PS4 firmware 1.51 available for download from Thursday lunchtime

Sony’s Chris Owen said on Twitter that the firmware will be available on the UK and European PlayStation sites from lunchtime on Thursday.

If you grab it early and pop it on a USB drive, you won’t have to wait once you get your box home after the midnight launch – the PSN is likely to be a bit overburdened if everyone signs on at the same time. This will also allow you to use new features introduced in the latest firmware updates even if you can’t get online immediately.

Sony recommends you use a firmware downloaded from your own regional PlayStation site for best results.

Update 1.51 includes all the vital features introduced in 1.50 plus a few interface updates. Version 1.51 went live just before US launch, and is necessary for Blu-ray playback and online features.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/26/ps4-firmware-1-51-available-for-download-from-thursday-lunchtime/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Anyone with BF4 for the PS3 and are planning to upgrade it to the PS4 version with Gamestop, get your ass into Gamestop now as today is the last day that they will do the upgrade.

Just found out myself today, cos in the small writing it says that Gamestop can change the 30 day bring it back upgrade to less than 30 days if they want.

You've been warned!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

This fella found a use for the PS4 camera, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2513545/Man-broadcasts-naked-passed-wife-live-online-PS4.html

Scummy thing to do though.I say he'll have plenty of time for the console now seeing as his missus has probably left him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,132 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anybody know if xtravision are opening early on Friday morning ? I've to collect my brothers ps4 which he has fully paid off. Will I be forced to buy a game with it as well ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement