Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Have Sony ever given a reason why Video Unlimited has never come to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Does anyone know how much Gamestop would give me for an Xbox Elite 250gb? I can't see myself playing it after Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭3206jake

Getting close now!!

Just traded in FIFA on the PS3 for the next gen in GameStop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Grayditch wrote: »
    Does anyone know how much Gamestop would give me for an Xbox Elite 250gb? I can't see myself playing it after Friday.

f all mate. 100 or something like that, adverts is your best bet. Have mine up there at 150 and think some lad is coming to get it tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Ps4 ultimate just paid off. Cannot wait till Thursday night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

padair wrote: »
    Ps4 ultimate just paid off. Cannot wait till Thursday night

Did you ask if you still have to go in at 9, or can you just use the receipt you were given when you paid it off and walk in at midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Xenji wrote: »
    Did you ask if you still have to go in at 9, or can you just use the receipt you were given when you paid it off and walk in at midnight.

I was told go in between 10 and 12 to get ticket

DrMorphine wrote: »

Nice one, that is what they were saying to me, but they were not sure about it at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

RangeR wrote: »
    Link? Netflix have been very quite on day one release.

EDIT : And here it is.
    EDIT 2 : Did they just say Filmon TV is coming soon? Holy **** balls wow.

Filmon TV?! Christ that would be unreal

Edit: Ohhh. Just noticed it says Filmo Tv, not filmon. It appears to be something else.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

No mention of a ticket in gamestop (Tallaght), was told to bring photo id and receipts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Is that just to make yourself known on the night?

They said to me a few weeks back that if they had called you saying you were invited to the midnight launch you had to go in and get a ticket between 9 and 12, they will not be doing any transaction at midnight, so you just show the ticket and they give you your console.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

RangeR wrote: »
    Link? Netflix have been very quite on day one release.

EDIT : And here it is.
    EDIT 2 : Did they just say Filmon TV is coming soon? Holy **** balls wow.

It's gas reading all the Irish peoples comments on there giving out about the lack of apps.

nocoverart wrote: »
    It's gas reading all the Irish peoples comments on there giving out about the lack of apps.

Netflix is the only app I would be interested in anyway, it was the only one I used on the PS3, Crunchyroll would be nice though

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

Have a look on there website they were giving money off the ps4 if you used it as a trade in against it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I think it was 90, or less for the 360, so I didn't bother.

Mega bundle all paid off, now. Just need to collect it on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

I think it was 90, or less for the 360, so I didn't bother.

Mega bundle all paid off, now. Just need to collect it on Friday.

Ah rite that's not much.were are you getting yours ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ShaneU wrote: »
    Apps at launch

Music Unlimited
    IGN
    Netflix
    Vidzone

Yes Netflix! \0/

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

just managed to install the new playstation app on my galaxy s4, very good too it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

I know its probably already been mentioned but PS4 games are available to "purchase" on the sony store website.

W

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Just a heads up.
    I went to HMV to pick up FIFA 14 for the PS4 €64:99.
    I traded The Last of Us for €28 and got a further 30% on my trade in €8:50 in this promotion that's going on at the moment. So FIFA cost me €28:59 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

King Krib wrote: »
    Is that just to make yourself known on the night?

Its basically so come midnight u hand them your ticket and they give you your console corresponding to your ticket and the queue moves fast. No waiting for receipt b checked etc. Only people with day 1 console will get ticket. Anybody can't come in with their receipt and get a ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Just a heads up.
    I traded The Last of Us for €28 and got a further 30% on my trade in €8:50 in this promotion that's going on at the moment. So FIFA cost me €28:59 :-)

Do they have it out on display already, or do you have to ask for it?

Its basically so come midnight u hand them your ticket and they give you your console corresponding to your ticket and the queue moves fast. No waiting for receipt b checked etc. Only people with day 1 console will get ticket. Anybody can't come in with their receipt and get a ticket

Its a great way to do it, it means there is no need for queuing either as you know your console is there waiting for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ripperman

Xenji wrote: »
    Its a great way to do it, it means there is no need for queuing either as you know your console is there waiting for you.

So is this the same for all Gamestops then? Come in before 12 sometime to get a ticket and then come in again after 12 to handover ticket and get the console. Where does the photo ID come into play here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Just a heads up.

Its too late now but I would highly recommend no one trade in a game like TLOU for FIfa 14. 14 is a step backwards for fifa imo

v3ttel wrote: »
    Do they have it out on display already, or do you have to ask for it?

It's the only PS4 title on display. In Limerick anyway.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Its too late now but I would highly recommend no one trade in a game like TLOU for FIfa 14. 14 is a step backwards for fifa imo

Maybe so, but I'm done with TLOU and I got more for it than I paid for it.
    Plus I want to see what next gen footie is like. If it's pants I can always shift it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Maybe so, but I'm done with TLOU and I got more for it than I paid for it.
    Plus I want to see what next gen footie is like. If it's pants I can always shift it on.
    Youre gonna miss the Story DLC! :o

• Advertisement

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Youre gonna miss the Story DLC! :o

I know, and I even bought the season pass!
    Ah I'll pick it up again next year for a tenner ;-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement