Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I know, and I even bought the season pass!
    Ah I'll pick it up again next year for a tenner ;-)

Not in HMV or gamestop ye wont :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Just a heads up.
    I went to HMV to pick up FIFA 14 for the PS4 €64:99.
    I traded The Last of Us for €28 and got a further 30% on my trade in €8:50 in this promotion that's going on at the moment. So FIFA cost me €28:59 :-)
    I know, and I even bought the season pass!
    Ah I'll pick it up again next year for a tenner ;-)

huge-mistake.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

Was in smyths galway earlier and they had the ps4 on display with fifa running on it, must admit the console is smaller than i thought but much sexier in the flesh than what you can see from photos :D

Couldn't get a go on it as two fellas were stuck to it and i had no time to hang about :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Help please.

Getting machine on Friday so getting bf4 upgrade from ps3 version.

This can be done digitally which suits me as it saves me a trip to GameStop but is there any disadvantage in doing it this way? Resale value not important to me BTW.

Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

mozattack wrote: »
    Help please.

This can be done digitally which suits me as it saves me a trip to GameStop but is there any disadvantage in doing it this way? Resale value not important to me BTW.

Thanks

Since it's a keeper for you, I'd do it digitally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

mozattack wrote: »
    Help please.

Thanks

Main thing i can think of is if the store, and network in general, is under pressure on Launch night you'll need to wait for it to be fixed and then download a 40GB+ Game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Just a little something lads :) got these in the delieverie today :D 5 of them plus another 5 before friday
    not sure if the manager is letting staff take them though :L so it could be available friday morning for the public

sorry for bad pic my phone is quite old :P

k0g6s0.png

edit: also the box feels quite heavy but once I took out the ps4 to have a look at it, its very light and very slick :) pretty great design :D controller feels the same to me but then again I never really played the ps3, its definitly wider/bigger though could see myself getting used to it quite fast, looking forward to getting one in the new year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

There she is... My own... My Precious.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Just a little something lads :) got these in the delieverie today :D 5 of them plus another 5 before friday
    not sure if the manager is letting staff take them though :L so it could be available friday morning for the public

sorry for bad pic my phone is quite old :P

k0g6s0.png

Tesco/Argos?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Any chance you've a pic of the mega bundle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

miralize wrote: »
    Tesco/Argos?

Argos if I remember correctly.

Wing126 wrote: »
    Any chance you've a pic of the mega bundle?

nope were not getting in any mega bundles

only getting in 9 killzone bundles and 1 knack bundle as far as I'm aware
    this is for the argos in jervis
    not sure which bundles their getting in the illac as I have not been over their in over a week :/ not sure if the 10 are taken by staff though will know in the morning

not sure which bundles their getting in the illac as I have not been over their in over a week :/ not sure if the 10 are taken by staff though will know in the morning
    There has to be some benefits to working there. I know the GS employees over here had to apply like job public. I was in the queue to get my ticket and was right behind the person who I put down my preorder with in June. I was number 7 (I think I remeber although could have been 17th) with my pre-order but number 11 on the paid list. Was home powered on by 12:15ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I take you you're taking the one you opened?!? :D

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    There has to be some benefits to working there. I know the GS employees over here had to apply like job public. I was in the queue to get my ticket and was right behind the person who I put down my preorder with in June. I was number 7 (I think I remeber although could have been 17th) with my pre-order but number 11 on the paid list. Was home powered on by 12:15ish.

Their is, but regarding these consoles head office rang and said they might have to let the ps4 first batch be open too the public as their is such hugh demand for them and the fact were getting feck all of them is another reason
    Batesy wrote: »
    I take you you're taking the one you opened?!? :D
    I would but already bought the x1 so can't afford it until early next year :( still though it was'nt opened completely like all the stuff around the ps4 that was protecting it is still their, we just closed it back up looks like no one ever went near it :pac: we wash our hands so the public is SAFE;) :pac:
    I can definitly see their been murder in Argos on friday morning though :pac: thought we would at least get 30 in
    another batch will be in on the 6th though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Their is, but regarding these consoles head office rang and said they might have to let the ps4 first batch be open too the public as their is such hugh demand for them and the fact were getting feck all of them is another reason

I would but already bought the x1 so can't afford it until early next year :( still though it was'nt opened completely like all the stuff around the ps4 that was protecting it is still their, we just closed it back up looks like no one ever went near it :pac: we wash our hands so the public is SAFE;) :pac:
    I can definitly see their been murder in Argos on friday morning though :pac: thought we would at least get 30 in
    another batch will be in on the 6th though :)

Can you say which Argos it is? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Redzer7 wrote: »

His P45 will probably be in with the PS4 packaging if he does tell us. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

A PM would solve everything :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,777 ✭✭✭lertsnim

He says it in this post, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87704889&postcount=8085

I wont quote it in case he wishes to edit the post :)

Redzer7 wrote: »

Jervis, but I'd say the same will be for the Illac, they will only get a few
    will know more tomorrow whether or not the first batch will be for staff or the public :) probably the public because HO are greedy feckers :P
    hallo dare wrote: »
    His P45 will probably be in with the PS4 packaging if he does tell us. :-)
    :pac: Lucky for me no one knows who I am ;)
    lertsnim wrote: »
    He says it in this post, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87704889&postcount=8085

I wont quote it in case he wishes to edit the post :)

Nice one, but I don't mind telling people, be impossible for them to find out who I was in the shop as their is far too many people working here for the christmas they wouldn't bother looking :D hell I'd bet even the managers are telling all their friends whats going on :pac: only people I'd be afraid of letting know would be people from head office

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

CuAAczJ.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Battlefield 4 receives title update on PS4, should decrease crashes and increase overall stability.
    Battlefield 4 has received a title update on PS4 which includes a number of fixes that should further decrease the amount of crashes and increase overall stability of the game.

DICE said it will continue to increase stability going forward. Update notes are below.

Update notes

Fixed common crashes that could occur when changing weapons or maps
    Reduced the probability of a corrupted save file in the single player campaign
    Fixed a crash occurring when resuming the single player campaign
    Fixed a bug where accessing PlayStation Plus subscription resulted in a connection error
    Improved performance when shooting at destroyed Levolution objects

The firm announced last week as way of apology for the issued experienced by users, it will be hosting a Double XP event starting on the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, November 28, and through December 5. Multiplayer players will also be hande a M1911 pistol scope.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/26/battlefield-4-receives-title-update-on-ps4-should-decrease-crashes-and-increase-overall-stability/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Absolutely love that PS4.

God damn it, we're so close! Hopefully bf4 is working a lot better so as I really want to see it on the new consoles.

Oh... I'll also be playing Resogun all day Friday. Did I mention there was Co-op! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

If I buy trime 2 when I'll have 14 days trial of PS+ for 13.59 (full price 16.99) and PS+ expires, can I still play Trime or do I have to pay difference (to 16.99) ?

When game is free on PS+ and PS+ expires, does the game stop working?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I think with discounts, the games stay playable after PsPlus expires. I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

198321 wrote: »
    If I buy trime 2 when I'll have 14 days trial of PS+ for 13.59 (full price 16.99) and PS+ expires, can I still play Trime or do I have to pay difference (to 16.99) ?

When game is free on PS+ and PS+ expires, does the game stop working?

You keep what you buy, even if it is discounted, and yes is the answer if your PS+ expires.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I have PS+ but PS4 games like contrast are coming up with a price attached. I was going to leave it and the other free game in the basket but it doesn't do that.

Just got Assassins Creed from Amazon today in plenty of time. Nice blue box.
    1425765_10152076727597329_545449712_n.jpg

Just asking in case but if anyone gets a free trial for PS+ and they cant use it as they already have PS+ and aren't using it can you let me know. Looking for one for a friend who wont have his PS4 till January and is a new convert XB360 so he can start his PSN IGN collection. I know its a lot to ask but like I was told growing up if you dont ask you wont get. Thanks, W

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Hmm...that just looks like cardboard cutouts.

That would be easy to do with stuff from a craft/stationary shop...I have a good shop down the rd,I might see what I can aquire and give it a go ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

aindriu80 wrote: »
    I have PS+ but PS4 games like contrast are coming up with a price attached. I was going to leave it and the other free game in the basket but it doesn't do that.

Just got Assassins Creed from Amazon today in plenty of time. Nice blue box.
    1425765_10152076727597329_545449712_n.jpg

I think you have to activate your ps4 and login to psn before games will appear free and you can add to your download list. Not 100% on that though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement