Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Ah well, the Kinect does a lot more. I'm not into it, myself, but sure...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Ah well, the Kinect does a lot more. I'm not into it, myself, but sure...

when I get minority report-esque controls, then i'll be into it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Amazon Warehouse in Milton Keynes, UK. They're gonna be busy this weekend! Entire album here, Won't post all the images.

http://imgur.com/a/qPpw0#0

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

PS4: PSN prices will be adjusted ahead of EU console launch, Sony confirms

Sony will look to adjust the cost of PlayStation 4 digital game prices ahead of the console’s European launch. It followed the discovery that EA was selling games like FIFA 14 and Battlefield 4 for £63 over PSN.
    EA’s £63 PSN price-point was eventually lowered by a whole £3 yesterday, but the PS4 titles in question are still £5 more expensive than their Xbox One counterparts.

In a statement issued to Eurogamer, Sony wrote, “Although PS4 launches in Europe on the 29th November, we have switched on the European PSN early to test and make sure that features and functionality are fully operational for launch.

“However, as PS4 and PSN have not yet officially launched in this region, nothing on the PSN is final, including pricing on the store. You will continue to see some prices adjusted over the next few days in preparation for launch on Friday.”

The company confirmed that if you’ve already bought a PS4 game digitally on the EU PSN store that happens to be lowered before launch, you will be refunded the difference.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/27/ps4-psn-prices-will-be-adjusted-ahead-of-eu-console-launch-sony-confirms/

So you should not really buy games off of the store for the PS4 for a few days unless your willing to wait for a refund, although I doubt the difference will be that great.

but the PS4 titles in question are still £5 more expensive than their Xbox One counterparts.

So, is this something to do with E.A's partnership with Microsoft? If so, I hope they picked the right side to play for with that game, if that's the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Just finished work. Will be back only next Tuesday. Woot!

So my plan so far:

Stay up as long as possible tonight. Then get as much sleep as I can on Thursday.
    Wake up late. Have a shower and then feck off to town to sort out ps4 preorder and get my number.
    Get more energy drinks, beer, some junk food.
    Next stop is breakfast. So far I plan on a big fat cheese and steak foot long sub! Hell yeah!
    Misses already given a notice - " I am not cooking dinner today ".
    At 18:00 I am ordering to badass pizzas.
    About 23:30 I'll pick up my buddy and off we go to GameStop.
    After that, only baby Jesus knows what will happen! :cap:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Xenji wrote: »
    Was surprised that some people do not know the console has voice commands, although limited at the moment, you can also use the inbuilt mic in your controller to use the commands also if you do not have the camera.

More commands will be coming at a later date http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/12/playstation-4-launches-with-limited-voice-command-functionality-more-to-be-added-over-time/

i thought it was only for the camera. being able to use the in control mic is news to me and sounds cool. would it understand our leprechaun accents is the question lol?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Nopeare

Assassins Creed arrived from VGP this morning, bought Fifa Monday night and getting the mega bundle Thursday night, I was all excited then remembered I'm working early Friday and have my Christmas party Friday night, so it will be Saturday before I get to use it :(

Not quite new, but a fella on YouTube as but all the improved gameplay footage of Driveclub in one video.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭SlickTalker

Nopeare wrote: »
    Assassins Creed arrived from VGP this morning, bought Fifa Monday night and getting the mega bundle Thursday night, I was all excited then remembered I'm working early Friday and have my Christmas party Friday night, so it will be Saturday before I get to use it :(

When did assassins Creed ship for you? My fifa shipped on 14th and still no sign...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Nopeare

When did assassins Creed ship for you? My fifa shipped on 14th and still no sign...

I ordered the 14th of this month as well, I was getting worried I wouldn't have it for the weekend as I plan locking myself away for Saturday and Sunday with that and fifa.... Hopefully you should have it tomorrow

Packages leaving the US and Canada around this time usually take a bit longer, it is the busiest time of year for them, you normally would of had it last Friday or Monday at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

mine shipped on the 12th i think. it strangely enough came from belgium though. so maybe yours will too

Love the banter on social networks from Official Playstation accounts. Legends :D
    BaE1vEICUAEKZ7s.jpg:large

Xenji wrote: »
    you can also use the inbuilt mic in your controller to use the commands also if you do not have the camera.

Are you sure there's a mic in the controller as well as a speaker? I can't find info on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Are you sure there's a mic in the controller as well as a speaker? I can't find info on it.

It's just the speaker and there's no mic on the controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Varik wrote: »
    It's just the speaker and there's no mic on the controller.

Jack in your in box earpiece and yoursorted. Mic on that.

System Software for EU is now live to download on a USB.

http://uk.playstation.com/systemsoftwareversion/

There is a jack for it, you get the mic with the headset or you can stick in your own tiny mic, have a few that are about a inch long that we used for sound recording, so if you do not have the camera you can still use the voice commands.

Ah right, when you said inbuilt, I got excited. I hate wires.

• Advertisement

Ah right, when you said inbuilt, I got excited. I hate wires.

Yeah I meant the jack sorry, I have a few of these but a bit smaller, should work great with the controller and no wires needed.

$(KGrHqEOKjkE3tbsmjEyBOI13Tq3Qw~~_35.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Where is the cheapest place to find a controller, I want to pick it up launch day. Does anyone know prices in the shops here?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

srumball wrote: »
    Where is the cheapest place to find a controller, I want to pick it up launch day. Does anyone know prices in the shops here?

Not sure about prices elsewhere but Gamesnash.ie are selling them for 58.99

http://gamesnash.ie/playstation-4-c-192/sony-ps4-dualshock-4-jet-black-ps4-pre-order-p-2940.html?zenid=uva3k9jct518agimm9b5a7dqg4

Gamesnash have a rep here on Boards you can send him a message about it. I'm sure if you preorder it, they can have it to you for Friday but Pat might be able to give you more details on it

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=141237

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

My 'play all the old PSX classics' binge continues.

On to Medieval now. What a game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Spotted this up the street at lunch time

C705DAC5-11E0-4817-A210-0821414EBC1B_zpsvzdmlyug.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Fecking Great! :mad:

I only checked email now and I got Loan application emails from 2 UK companies!!! :confused: One refused and another one asked for more details!
    I never applied for that **** and how on earth someone can give loans to people by email?! Just to be on the safe side I changed my email passwords and just called to bank to cancel my both Cards and send me out new ones.

That means my account is pretty much frozen until mid next week! :mad: thanks **** I got fully payed off PS4, but looks like I will have to take some cash off misses for my tomorrows entertainment.

I was in such great mood today and now all this! I dont even know what will happen next. Maybe some asshole is not done trying applying for loans with my details!

Day 1 EU Launch titles and prices in Euros
    PlayStation Plus

Resogun – 100% discount
    Contrast – 100% discount
    Assassin’s Creed IV – Aveline Ship Figurehead DLC- 100% discount
    Trine 2 Complete – 20% discount (29th November – 13th December)
    Super Motherload – 10% discount (29th November – 13th December)

PlayStation 4

Angry Birds Star Wars – Price: £32.99/€34.99
    Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag – Standard Edition – Price: £54.99/€69.99
    Battlefield 4 – Price: £54.99/€69.99
    Call of Duty: Ghosts – Price: £54.99/€69.99
    Contrast (included in PS Plus) – Price: £12.79/€14.99
    DC Universe Online – Price: Free
    Escape Plan (Cross-Buy PS Vita/PS4) – Price: £9.99/€12.99
    Escape Plan Collection (Cross-Buy PS Vita/PS4)- Price: €19.99/£15.99
    FIFA 14 – Price: £54.99/€69.99
    Flower (Cross-Buy PS3/PS Vita/PS4) – Price: £6.49/€7.99
    Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition – Price: £52.99/€59.99
    Just Dance – Price: £39.99/€49.99
    Killzone Shadow Fall – Price: £52.99/€59.99
    Knack – Price: £52.99/€59.99
    Lego Marvel Super Heroes – Price: £52.99/€59.99
    Madden NFL 25 – Price: £54.99/€69.99
    NBA 2K14 – Price: £54.99/€69.99
    NBA LIVE 14 – Price: £54.99/€69.99
    Need For Speed Rivals – Price: £54.99/€69.99
    Putty Squad – Price: £16.99/€19.99
    Sound Shapes (Cross-Buy PS3/PS Vita/PS4) – Price: £9.99/€12.99
    Super Motherload – Price: £11.99/€13.99
    Trine 2: Complete Story – Price: £14.49/€16.99
    Resogun (included in PS Plus) – Price: £12.79/€14.99
    Warframe – Price: Free
    War Thunder – Price: Free

http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/27/ps4-day-one-european-launch-titles-get-the-entire-list-here/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Considering that most of those games are $59.99 on the US PSN store this is a complete rip off.

4theplayers my arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Considering that most of those games are $59.99 on the US PSN store this is a complete rip off.

4theplayers my arse.
    I would hazard a guess that it's more the publisher setting those prices rather than sony.

All the Sony published titles are €60 on there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

4theplayers my arse.

Its the developers that up the price nothing to do with sony or ms

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement