Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Then why are Sony adjusting the UK prices before Friday, they are taking about £2-£3 off in some cases because the conversion fee of the UK prices to the US prices works out at over $100 per game. Still way over the odds though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Probably still a big difference, but US prices don't include tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Then why are Sony adjusting the UK prices before Friday, they are taking about £2-£3 off in some cases because the conversion fee of the UK prices to the US prices works out at over $100 per game. Still way over the odds though.

Sony is publishing a few games on that list, so they would be the ones going down in price, as for the others it is the likes of EA and Ubisoft that set their own prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 bagsofballs

Might be a stupid question but cant really remember, Do the UK and Ireland share the same PSN store? Will a PS Plus subscription bought on Amazon.co.uk or this one work in Ireland?

Xenji wrote: »
    Sony is publishing a few games on that list, so they would be the ones going down in price, as for the others it is the likes of EA and Ubisoft that set their own prices.

Battlefield 4 for example is being dropped and it's Sony doing it not EA, Sony will refund anyone who has bought them at the higher price. Unless Sony have told EA to drop the price?? Most PS4 games on the UK PSN are getting a price cut for Friday. So it's not publisher based, Sony are giving the orders.

EA have dropped the price on all their PS4 games on the UK PSN yet all their games are £5 cheaper on the Xbox One Live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Might be a stupid question but cant really remember, Do the UK and Ireland share the same PSN store? Will a PS Plus subscription bought on Amazon.co.uk or this one work in Ireland?

I don't think so, I got one off Sky for signing up to TV Now and it wouldn't work on my account

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭united2k11

Anyone know if you can gameshare on the ps4, and if so with how many different ps4's? Would be handy to get cheap games if split between a few friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Here's a good review of the PS4 and what to expect when we get our hands on it, http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/review/a533914/ps4-hardware-review-launch-impressions-of-new-sony-console.html

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Klair88 wrote: »
    System Software for EU is now live to download on a USB.

http://uk.playstation.com/systemsoftwareversion/

Downloading this now, it's all getting very real!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

Picked this up today in Argos, not long to go now lads!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    I would hazard a guess that it's more the publisher setting those prices rather than sony.

All the Sony published titles are €60 on there

Ya, iv read the pub's set the prices, nothing to do with sony. EA are the worst with new games @ 69.99e... but afew others do it too.
    Rockstars GTAV was 70e too, although thats one game actually worth the asking price(although i split it with my bro and dL'ed it onto both our ps3's =})

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Battlefield 4 for example is being dropped and it's Sony doing it not EA, Sony will refund anyone who has bought them at the higher price. Unless Sony have told EA to drop the price?? Most PS4 games on the UK PSN are getting a price cut for Friday. So it's not publisher based, Sony are giving the orders.

EA have dropped the price on all their PS4 games on the UK PSN yet all their games are £5 cheaper on the Xbox One Live.

They were only dropped in the UK by a few pounds they're still about £5 more than on the ONE.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Nope you definitely cannot, you have to buy Irish ps+ and euro credit for the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I called into my local XtraVision today and paid off the outstanding balance for the PS4, they told me they are doing a midnight opening for the PS4 so I can pick it up Thursday night after all.
    A bit strange they did not do it for the Xbone. I forgot about putting a deposit on BF4 so I will just have to pay for it tomorrow. I'm sure BF4 won't be all sold out on pre-orders.
    They said there was a few bundles that should arrive, one was killzone, one was knack and then there was killzone with 2 controllers. Does anyone know the pricing ? Its probably same price as buying the components separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

I'm picking up my console in HN, but ordered an extra controller from Amazon and BF4 from shopto. Neither of them have dispatched yet, I would have thought they would have went out today to make it in time for Friday:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Downloading this now, it's all getting very real!

How do you update it Via USB, just lash it on a USB key and copy it over?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Does anyone know when you update to 1.51 does it delete all the information you've added during the initial bootup? I was thinking about updating the firmware straight away via USB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Does anyone know when you update to 1.51 does it delete all the information you've added during the initial bootup? I was thinking about updating the firmware straight away via USB.

Boot it in safe mode the first time you plug it in and update it before you set it up

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

srumball wrote: »
    Boot it in safe mode the first time you plug it in and update it before you set it up

I'd say I will set it up first and log into psn. Then turn off the system. Hold the power button for 7 seconds to launch safe mode and run the update then from 2 folders you create on the usb key. Specific instructions in that link.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

srumball wrote: »
    How do you update it Via USB, just lash it on a USB key and copy it over?

Details here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Looks like not all EU PS4's are made in Japan.

PS4MadeinChina.jpg

It is going to be pot luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

oh for **** sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭IXIKALIMAIXI

Lucreto wrote: »
    Looks like not all EU PS4's are made in Japan.

PS4MadeinChina.jpg

It is going to be pot luck.

Just reading the text on the box and I can't see anything about Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Just reading the text on the box and I can't see anything about Europe.

It does just under the red circle on the second line.

It's the CUH-1003A part that indicates it's an EU/UK model.

CUH-1001A are US models for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭IXIKALIMAIXI

Lucreto wrote: »
    It does just under the red circle on the second line.

Cheers. Bit worrying now... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Ugh, please don't let me get a Foxconn Revolution special.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Fecking Great! :mad:

I only checked email now and I got Loan application emails from 2 UK companies!!! :confused: One refused and another one asked for more details!
    I never applied for that **** and how on earth someone can give loans to people by email?! Just to be on the safe side I changed my email passwords and just called to bank to cancel my both Cards and send me out new ones.

That means my account is pretty much frozen until mid next week! :mad: thanks **** I got fully payed off PS4, but looks like I will have to take some cash off misses for my tomorrows entertainment.

I was in such great mood today and now all this! I dont even know what will happen next. Maybe some asshole is not done trying applying for loans with my details!

That is just a phishing email scam. Your account and cards are not compromised. They just want you to give them your details. They aren't real companies, and if they are they are just used to trick people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Whats the difference in places in which they were made?

• Advertisement

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Whats the difference in places in which they were made?

Quality control standards and staff moral/loyality.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement