Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

My guess is that the bundles will all contain Chinese ps4s and for stand alone consoles it will be 50/50. Or we might only get chinese made ps4s here and maybe the jap made ones will go to continental Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Quality control standards and staff moral/loyality.

Cheers get you now. And Fair point too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Cheers get you now. And Fair point too.

Apparently some chinese foxconn ps4's have spit in them, bent hdmi ports and some person who claimed to be an employee said he made ps4's that would just about turn on but do nothing else as a protest to how they were treated by foxconn.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

That's what happens when you contract the lowest bidder to make your products.

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Whats the difference in places in which they were made?
    Sony makes them themselves in Japan and foxconn makes them for Sony in china.

Id wager on sony's own factory as having higer quality control standards compared to foxconn(as in I can't see sony leaving one of their own products onto the market with bent metal in hdmi ports etc).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    My guess is that the bundles will all contain Chinese ps4s and for stand alone consoles it will be 50/50. Or we might only get chinese made ps4s here and maybe the jap made ones will go to continental Europe.

Bit of a pessimistic guess right there? Are you getting a bundle?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Apparently some chinese foxconn ps4's have spit in them, bent hdmi ports and some person who claimed to be an employee said he made ps4's that would just about turn on but do nothing else as a protest to how they were treated by foxconn.

I don't believe that. If true Sony would go after Foxconn for damages and in turn foxconn will take it out on the employees.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

DrMorphine wrote: »
    That is just a phishing email scam. Your account and cards are not compromised. They just want you to give them your details. They aren't real companies, and if they are they are just used to trick people.

But they are real companies. I googled them...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

But they are real companies. I googled them...

They use real companies logos, forms etc. No real financial institution would ask you for details over email, even your name, I wouldn't worry about it!

Deedsie wrote: »
    Bit of a pessimistic guess right there? Are you getting a bundle?
    I am but when I chose the bundle I didn't know anything this made on Japan thing. I thought they'd all be Chinese made.

• Advertisement

Lucreto wrote: »
    I don't believe that. If true Sony would go after Foxconn for damages and in turn foxconn will take it out on the employees.

No company would bother going after Foxconn for damages. They are a Chinese company for one, and companies need Foxconn, they have over a million employees and any tech device you have has something made from them. They can't really take it out on employees who are already killing themselves over bad working conditions and wages. It is true that students who were forced to work at Foxconn for no money or risk failing their college degree purposely made mistakes on the assembly line and other things such as spitting onto the motherboard etc as some sort of protest.

No company would bother going after Foxconn for damages. They are a Chinese company for one, and companies need Foxconn, they have over a million employees and any tech device you have has something made from them. They can't really take it out on employees who are already killing themselves over bad working conditions and wages. It is true that students who were forced to work at Foxconn for no money or risk failing their college degree purposely made mistakes on the assembly line and other things such as spitting onto the motherboard etc as some sort of protest.
    what factory and batch are to be avoided?

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    what factory and batch are to be avoided?

All Chinese consoles coming from Foxconn. There was problems with a very minuscule amount of PS4's in the US but as it goes only people who actually have a problem would voice they're anger on the internet, while everyone who doesn't have problems would be busy playing with their new console! Every hardware product would have a certain % failure rate. I doubt there will be many people with a defective PS4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

I'm going to go to sleep now soundly knowing that somebody, somewhere will be up all night pressing F5 on their Amazon orders page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

They can be fired. People are trying to break in just to work. These people even though have horrible conditions and worked to death for their 6 month contract they still need money and losing their job midway could mean losing their house and going hungry.

There students were being blackmailed with the college degrees but they were paid. Foxconn can withhold their degrees for the lot as punishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

23 hours 29 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

i live around the corner from my local XV. its killing me knowing that my PS4 is so close, yet so far :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

MarkY91 wrote: »
    i live around the corner from my local XV. its killing me knowing that my PS4 is so close, yet so far :D

Jump the back fence, pay the guy behind the counter 20 euro give it to you early and report back to us

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mileslow

So if you guys were offered a bundle on Friday but it had 'Made in China' on the back of it, would you hold out until you got a different console?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,777 ✭✭✭lertsnim

mileslow wrote: »
    So if you guys were offered a bundle on Friday but it had 'Made in China' on the back of it, would you hold out until you got a different console?

1% chance of it not working? Why would you hold out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

This time tomorrow night we should have be Playing a PS4 If you pick it up on launch night of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I didn't get any call for a midnight launch, but whatevzzz. Friday morning it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If there's a problem it'll either be apparent right away or very soon after, check the PS4 out and if there is a problem get onto Sony (the shop might not be able to replace it without extra stock).

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭SlickTalker

Grayditch wrote: »
    I didn't get any call for a midnight launch, but whatevzzz. Friday morning it is.

What retailer did you order from? I never got a call off gamestop but in store past week I asked and they said if you are launch day the you have the option of coming midnight launch

no I'd take it because you may never be able to find a Japanese made console in this country.

At the end of the day if it breaks Sony will have to repair it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Quick question.

I've downloaded the 1.51 FW onto a flash drive for Friday. Would it be wise to boot the PS4 straight into safe mode and update the FW or should I just power the thing on normally first and do the initial setup and update the FW after?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,301 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Batesy wrote: »
    Quick question.

I've downloaded the 1.51 FW onto a flash drive for Friday. Would it be wise to boot the PS4 straight into safe mode and update the FW or should I just power the thing on normally first and do the initial setup and update the FW after?

I'd do the latter probably. When you boot it up, you go through the setup first and then it asks you to download the FW.

Have fun tonight lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Well the day has finally arrived, 9 months to the day I pre ordered, work is gonna be a bitch today and it is already going slow, but at least the fridge is fully stocked with all the essentials and have enough beer to kill a lesser man, plus the other half is away visiting family for the next week, can't ****ing wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Xenji wrote: »
    Well the day has finally arrived, 9 months to the day I pre ordered, work is gonna be a bitch today and it is already going slow, but at least the fridge is fully stocked with all the essentials and have enough beer to kill a lesser man, plus the other half is away visiting family for the next week, can't ****ing wait :D

Tell me how many beers so I know how many to buy myself without feeling like a total dipso!
    Im gonna drug my girl child so she dosnt wake up through the night thinking she is in the middle of desert storm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I've to pick up my red DS4 in a while from PM. Its begining ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement