Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Tell me how many beers so I know how many to buy myself without feeling like a total dipso!
    Im gonna drug my girl child so she dosnt wake up through the night thinking she is in the middle of desert storm

Well have 48 cans, it was part of the Christmas stash, but can top that up again:pac:
    Im gonna drug my girl child
    :eek:

PS4 launch titles Blacklight: Retribution and flOw both suffer “slight delay”
    PlayStation 4 launch titles – or perhaps we should say “former launch titles” – Blacklight: Retribution and flOw have both been pushed back slightly.

The pair of games were mysteriously absent from a finalised list of European PS4 launch titles released earlier today.

In a comment on the PlayStation Blog, SCEE’s Fred Dutton confirmed a delay.

“Both flOw and Blacklight have been subject to brief delays. They should be with you next week, but I will 100% confirm the date as soon as possible,” he said.

Blacklight: Retribution is a free-to-play shooter from Zombie Studios also available on PC, while flOw is the debut title from Journey and Flower developer thatgamecompany.

No explanation was given for the delay, but European titles are sometimes held up due to additional certification times caused by localisation in multiple languages.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/28/ps4-launch-titles-blacklight-retribution-and-flow-both-suffer-slight-delay/

Was looking forward to giving Blacklight Retribution a go tonight :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Ya, disappointing about Blacklight. I think I'll give War Thunder a go instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

My red controller just arrived from Gamestop. It's a damn nice controller. I like it a lot. I just hope I have something to use it with tomorrow!

Anticipation levels are through the roof now. Having controller in my hands just makes me realise how close it is to release!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

NotorietyH wrote: »
    My red controller just arrived from Gamestop. It's a damn nice controller. I like it a lot. I just hope I have something to use it with tomorrow!

Anticipation levels are through the roof now. Having controller in my hands just makes me realise how close it is to release!

Did you give her a name, I am going to call mine Charlene Le Roux!

PS4 “economics” closer to PS2 than PS3

PlayStation 4 is likely to break even on manufacturing costs in a similar time span to the PS2, as opposed to the PS3′s long struggle to profitability.
    The PS4 won’t suffer the same fate as the PS3, Sony UK managing director Fergal Gara told Bloomberg, as transcribed by Gamespot.

“The economics of PS4 are far closer to the economics of PS2 than they are to PS3,” he said.

“So if you consider with PS3, it was a highly bespoke architecture; it was expensive to make. And we weren’t making money on many of those devices, even at a high price point.

“With PS4 we come at it at a very lean price point and our economics will be far, far favorable to the PS3. So that is a job to be commended really for the internal team and of course it’s done with the gamer in mind.”

That said, analysts believe the hardware cost of the PS3 is around $381, which is quite high compared to its RRP of $399 in the US http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/22/ps4-teardown-video-shows-components-and-cost-breakdown-by-ihs-analyst/The Xbox One is believed to be rather more expensive, largely thank to the Kinect http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/26/xbox-one-costs-microsoft-471-to-build-according-to-ihs-report/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭happytramp

Ya, disappointing about Blacklight. I think I'll give War Thunder a go instead.

Warthunder is going to be absolutely excellent!! Mark my words.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Nice in red.Blue will be here tomorrow. Its gonna cost me €107 for the two from Gamestop.UK.

Ahha. The charging cable is not the same as the PS3 .Its a flatter mobile ph charging/data lead .

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Good morning gang!!!! How we feeling this beautiful morning? Excitement in the air?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Just trolled my two brothers and sent them a pic of a ps4 in a delivery box; implying that I received it early. Hook. Line. And sinker.

getps4_2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

Good morning gang!!!! How we feeling this beautiful morning? Excitement in the air?

Feeling good my friend, i feel the same as i did when my dad gave me my first computer 29 years for christmas:D

I will be more excited when work is over today and I do not have to come back till Monday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Xenji wrote: »
    I will be more excited when work is over today and I do not have to come back till Monday.

Pfft.
    Off til the 9th. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Did you give her a name, I am going to call mine Charlene Le Roux!

I think I'll go with Mary-Jane Watson.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Tell me how many beers so I know how many to buy myself without feeling like a total dipso!
    Im gonna drug my girl child so she dosnt wake up through the night thinking she is in the middle of desert storm

Will you be streaming playroom on twitch buddy
    Lol only joking buddy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

*bounces off the walls*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Liamario wrote: »
    Just trolled my two brothers and sent them a pic of a ps4 in a delivery box; implying that I received it early. Hook. Line. And sinker.

getps4_2.gif

You are evil.

Brilliant... but evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So here we go!!.

Off into the Coombe see me girlfriend soon then ill drop down to her place get a few things sorted then back into herself until they kick me out at half 8 then...... back to hers again :pac:

Gonna hang around her place tonight as its down the road from where i ordered the machine ill be down in Gamestop come midnight wanna least get a few hours with the thing before tomorrow/weekend cause i found out this morning girlfriend is being induced tomorrow........ Uhhhhh what a week everything is going on :P

Hope everyone enjoys it tonight whos getting it anyway hopefully everyones machine comes in one piece and theres no issues!!.

Im torn between what controller to get im from Dublin so blue..... but im also a United fan so red....!!!

Ah red controller blue controller they all wind up the same color in the end :pac:.

cause i found out this morning girlfriend is being induced tomorrow........ Uhhhhh what a week everything is going on :P

Congrats, dude. It's an exciting time, and life won't be the same after it. It's a huge moment in your life and one that you'll remember forever... the first time you bring it home, being so careful...

Also, fair play on the kid thing, that's pretty cool, too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Gonna be fun reading the comments from 1am onwards, all the problems....bricked consoles, made in a slave camp and spitting on GPU type problems.

FYI....anyone who ordered a Killzone mega bundle or getting a retail boxed camera....prepare for a SHOCK!
    there is **NO** tv stand holder thing included in either bundle or retail.

And the stand costs 15-20 Euro.....LOL!, you scum sony!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Cancelled my amazon.de Killzone megabundle, just to add, Sony not very popular in Germany when it comes to that bundle...

Ordered the ordinary PS4 killzone bundle on amazon.fr and will have it before Christmas.

UK Amazon said you could get the Knack bundle before Christmas but if you try and order it it says after Christmas.

jenjenten wrote: »
    Gonna be fun reading the comments from 1am onwards, all the problems....bricked consoles, made in a slave camp and spitting on GPU type problems.

You'd find it fun reading about people having problems with their consoles?

Whatever gets you though the day, I guess.

Grayditch wrote: »
    You'd find it fun reading about people having problems with their consoles?

Whatever gets you though the day, I guess.

No fun, but its funny that everyone is hyped and excited....which is normal, and how after 1am the :D will turn to :( or :mad: for some people.

Yeah, no I get that, I just think you're weird.

jenjenten wrote: »
    No fun, but its funny that everyone is hyped and excited....which is normal, and how after 1am the :D will turn to :( or :mad: for some people.

Thankfully this thread has remained consistently civil, lets not change that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

So it is going to be 'fun' hearing from people that they are having hardware issues with their new console?

What a pleasant person you must be...

Otacon wrote: »
    So it is going to be 'fun' hearing from people that they are having hardware issues with their new console?

Ah, now, to be fair, he said fun, but changed it to funny, which is totally different.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Ah, now, to be fair, he said fun, but changed it to funny, which is totally different.

I meant fun or funny in the context of how the atmosphere on the thread will change after a certain time.....and i have no male parts :p

• Advertisement

Yeah. I guess.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement