Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Given people are paying hundreds I hope I just have a little envy when I read and not see any disappointed people.

We hope the Americans fixed all the problems :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

RobertKK wrote: »
    Given people are paying hundreds I hope I just have a little envy when I read and not see any disappointed people.

We hope the Americans fixed all the problems :pac:

Hopefully the yanks got the bad batch and we get ours Made In Japan. :)
    At least they beta tested the firmware a little bit......;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

No email that my PS4 has been shipped from Gamestop online yet, should I be worried? my blue controller came though... what a sexy beast it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

nocoverart wrote: »
    No email that my PS4 has been shipped from Gamestop online yet, should I be worried? my blue controller came though... what a sexy beast it is!

Just received my e-mail there. Have a bit of patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Trigg171

I literally just got an email now from Gamestop online saying my order has been dispatched. Wouldn't worry bout it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Jenjenten, stop trolling please. Let's all keep it civil.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,777 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Shops have their stock now. Stupid launch dates. I'd be much happier to have it now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Yeah, just got it there myself. I'd like to think that Gamespot read my post and instantly got a move on. You lads can thank me after :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Yeah, just got it there myself. I'd like to think that Gamespot read my post and instantly got a move on. You lads can thank me after :)

I appreciate your pro activeness in solving all of Ireland's PS4 delivery needs :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Huh, we were well down the list in Smyths (vague 'definitely not on launch day, hopefully before Christmas' territory) and got a message saying it will ready for collection from midnight. Healthy enough supplies it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

So here we go!!.

Off into the Coombe see me girlfriend soon then ill drop down to her place get a few things sorted then back into herself until they kick me out at half 8 then...... back to hers again :pac:

Gonna hang around her place tonight as its down the road from where i ordered the machine ill be down in Gamestop come midnight wanna least get a few hours with the thing before tomorrow/weekend cause i found out this morning girlfriend is being induced tomorrow........ Uhhhhh what a week everything is going on :P

Hope everyone enjoys it tonight whos getting it anyway hopefully everyones machine comes in one piece and theres no issues!!.

Im torn between what controller to get im from Dublin so blue..... but im also a United fan so red....!!!

Ah red controller blue controller they all wind up the same color in the end :pac:.

Congrats and best of luck!!

With the baby of course!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

I bought a new USB flash drive for the firmware update....my first 3.0 USB drive!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I was in gamestop just now. They will be doing "registration" at 21:00. I could not do it now. :( Bollox.

Anyway, they got all the PS4 in stock. He showed me my Killzone Mega bundle and it is FREAKING MASSIVE!!! Its almost twice bigger then normal console.

On other note: Got myself enough energy drinks to kill a horse, some crisps and beer. Money for 2 big pizzas ready.

My lovely Steak and Cheese sub was eaten few minutes ago too.

Now we play the waiting game...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

So i'm now reduced to staring at the clock and yelling at it to hurry up.

What the **** is wrong with me?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Did you get a call about registration, or did you find that out by asking in there only, man?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

My brother is going in to collect both our Killzone Mega bundles tonight. Kinda concerned he'll have difficult getting them out of the shop following Shadow's post. :confused:

Grayditch wrote: »
    Did you get a call about registration, or did you find that out by asking in there only, man?

I asked lads. they close at 18:00 and reopen at 21:00 to do registration thing and then hand out PS4s at 00:00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

gimli2112 wrote: »
    My brother is going in to collect both our Killzone Mega bundles tonight. Kinda concerned he'll have difficult getting them out of the shop following Shadow's post. :confused:
    Is there not a 1 console per person rule?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I was in gamestop just now. They will be doing "registration" at 21:00. I could not do it now. :( Bollox.

Anyway, they got all the PS4 in stock. He showed me my Killzone Mega bundle and it is FREAKING MASSIVE!!! Its almost twice bigger then normal console.

On other note: Got myself enough energy drinks to kill a horse, some crisps and beer. Money for 2 big pizzas ready.

My lovely Steak and Cheese sub was eaten few minutes ago too.

Now we play the waiting game...

You think it will fit in a Gamestop bag, I have less then a 5 minute walk home, but might get a taxi, although will have 3 other people with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

e_e wrote: »
    Is there not a 1 console per person rule?

Apparently not. He just paid for both of them. He's convinced his wife to tag along anyhow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Xenji wrote: »
    You think it will fit in a Gamestop bag, I have less then a 5 minute walk home, but might get a taxi, although will have 3 other people with me.

Get a taxi. Wait in store until it arrives.

Xenji wrote: »

I doubt it will m8, The fecking thing is MASSIVE. I would not even walk 3 minutes to my house with that thing.

I will get my buddy to wait with my ps4 in gamestop and I will bring my car closer, so he can go president style in with VIP package! :pac:

I doubt it will m8, The fecking thing is MASSIVE. I would not even walk 3 minutes to my house with that thing.

I will get my buddy to wait with my ps4 in gamestop and I will bring my car closer, so he can go president style in with VIP package! :pac:

Taxi it is then, well for me and the console, the others can walk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

Finally the day is here!! Off work till the 9th so I can spend some quality time with my PS4 :)
    Will be heading in town around 6 or so to stock up on food and drinks & get something to eat. My gamestop is open at 9 aswell might wonder over at 8 and see what's happening.
    Best of luck to everyone here collecting their PS4s, hope to see ye online sometime if ye are on my friends list :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Went into Gamestop this morning to pick up my ticket for tonight. I asked them to check for me where my console was manufactured as well, made in China. Hopefully I wont be one of the unlucky ones that gets free Chinese grad student phelem in the center of his console! :D

I'm going to guess then that the stock of PS4's in Gamestop Clonmel are all Chinese made.

Also, to mark the occasion I decided to get myself a nice new gaming chair. And look what arrived this morning! Beanbag chair in Playstation blue. Now I'm really starting to get excited for tonight :cool:

DSCF7383.JPG

DSCF7384.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Will be heading in after work to pay it off, and trade in a bunch of old games. Will probably go to the mid night launch later, and may have to take a taxi home if the box is as big as people are saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭jones

Great chair man i got a gaming chair in Ikea last month in preparation but the bean bag looks class

PS4 will see some PSN features disabled to ensure smooth European launch.
    With the launch of PlayStation 4 in our region only a few hours away, we wanted to give you a quick update on what to expect from PSN when you finally get your hands on your PS4.
    Following the successful launch of PS4 in North America on the 15th November, we have seen an unprecedented influx of players onto PSN. When we launch in Europe on Friday, once again, we are expecting record sales and record numbers of people logging onto PSN at similar times, alongside the North American players already on PSN.

We want to make sure that your online experience is positive. To help ensure that this happens, we have made the decision to switch off a couple of features for European customers on day one. These features will then be switched back on a few days later, once the intensity of launch day calms down.

The features we are temporarily disabling are:

What’s New – Discover and engage with all of your friends’ PS4 related activity

Content Information Screen – See friends’ activity and information specific to the title you are looking at

Not to worry, all of the other features of PSN will be fully available on day one. You’ll be able to play online multiplayer games with friends and your gaming community, get trophies, make friends and share videos and live broadcast your games so you can have a great online gaming experience.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/11/28/psn-on-playstation-4-at-launch/

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

gimli2112 wrote: »

Why did you both get the same one, would you not have been better off getting two different ones and swapping games when finished? Also can anyone explain the bundle prices to me? Seeing Killzone bundle for €490, wouldn't people be better off getting the game separately?

• Advertisement

Went into Gamestop this morning to pick up my ticket for tonight. I asked them to check for me where my console was manufactured as well, made in China. Hopefully I wont be one of the unlucky ones that gets free Chinese grad student phelem in the center of his console! :D

I'm going to guess then that the stock of PS4's in Gamestop Clonmel are all Chinese made.

Also, to mark the occasion I decided to get myself a nice new gaming chair. And look what arrived this morning! Beanbag chair in Playstation blue. Now I'm really starting to get excited for tonight :cool:

DSCF7383.JPG

DSCF7384.JPG

Where did you get it, might make a good Christmas present for myself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement