Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I think I might head up to the midnight launch, just got a call there. I take it you can't buy games at the midnight launch, it's just a collect console and leave, job?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Grayditch wrote: »
    I think I might head up to the midnight launch, just got a call there. I take it you can't buy games at the midnight launch, it's just a collect console and leave, job?

I am pretty sure you will be able to pick up games and accessories etc on the night. Sure, that's how shops make most of there money.

I know they're not taking money for the consoles, or so I read, so I'm just wondering. I don't fancy having to get up early in the morning... if I even go to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Good luck tonight lads! Been great chatting about all the details/features and posting up the images and the general hype we've had here. Going to pick up the booze and munch and go to a friends to await midnight.

See you online!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Yeah good luck to the lads getting it tonight hope there's no idiots poking around annoying everyone
    ill be online tomorrow at some stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Just out of curiosity, is there many here going to gamestop in drogheda tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Yeah good luck to the lads getting it tonight hope there's no idiots poking around annoying everyone
    ill be online tomorrow at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

2xBig fat Pizzas ordered. should be here in 45min. Then I wait untill 21:00.

The_waiting_game_logo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Trigg171

Well Incidentally The tracking number I have got for my PS4 with An Post now says its on route to customer. If only that we're true and I didn't just have it delivered to where I work.

Still, less than 24 hours now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Grayditch wrote: »

You can buy them at 9 when you go in and get your ticket, not at midnight, well at least thats what they are doing in my store.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I assume Smyths is different considering I've only paid off 20 quid so far.

Xenji wrote: »
    You can buy them at 9 when you go in and get your ticket, not at midnight, well at least thats what they are doing in my store.

Cool, I had a feeling. I have the option to go onto work tonight, so I think I'll leave it til the morning, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

SantryRed wrote: »
    I assume Smyths is different considering I've only paid off 20 quid so far.

Smyths you just go in and pay off the rest. I did that last week with the X1 with a 20 euro deposit and will do the same again for the ps4 tomorrow, no lift to pick it up tonight unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

5 hours and counting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Davei141 wrote: »
    Smyths you just go in and pay off the rest. I did that last week with the X1 with a 20 euro deposit and will do the same again for the ps4 tomorrow, no lift to pick it up tonight unfortunately!

You are buying both consoles.....why :confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

My guess: for gaming, on both? :P

Go on, i'm sure you can come up with a few possible reasons, break some paradigms :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

My guess: for gaming, on both? :P

Go on, i'm sure you can come up with a few possible reasons, break some paradigms :D
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-battlefield-4-next-gen-face-off

the war was just won! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

I'm awaiting the red dualshock 4 from amazon. I won't get it in time for launch, but I'm not too concerned.
    I contacted amazon via webchat to ask why the status has been saying dispatching now ALL DAY, with no change.
    The guy I was talking to was and is completely clueless. It would take him 5-10 minutes to type a sentence to basic questions. All he gives me when he did eventually send a line of text was information which I already knew, while failing to answer anything I asked of him. :mad:

Right guys, Just in case anyone doesn't know, if you update your PS4 via USB, you WILL lose your users and data.

See the update via computer option in this link - http://uk.playstation.com/home/news/articles/detail/item663044/

So tonight, if you's wanna beat the server downloads, update your PS4 BEFORE you set it up. They have instructions in the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Wing126 wrote: »
    Right guys, Just in case anyone doesn't know, if you update your PS4 via USB, you WILL lose your users and data.

See the update via computer option in this link - http://uk.playstation.com/home/news/articles/detail/item663044/

So do we do the update before we log on or sign in?

• Advertisement

I edited it just before you comment, but do it before you do anything. It tells you how in the link provided.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

I edited it just before you comment, but do it before you do anything. It tells you how in the link provided.

should I turn it on when I get it or should I go straight to safe mode as soon as I plug it in power?

Here's what it says in the link
    1) On the USB storage device, create folders for saving the update file.
    Using a computer, create a folder named "PS4". Inside that folder, create another folder named "UPDATE".

2) Download the update file, and save it in the "UPDATE" folder you created in step 1.
    Save the file with the file name "PS4UPDATE.PUP".

To perform a new installation of the system software:

3) Turn off the power of your PS4 system completely. Check that the power indicator is not lit. If the power indicator is lit orange, touch the power button on the PS4 system for at least seven seconds (until the system beeps a second time).

4) Connect the USB storage device that the update file is saved on to your PS4 system, and then touch the power button for at least seven seconds. The PS4 system starts in safe mode.

5) Select [Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software)]. Follow the screens to complete the installation.

If your PS4 system does not recognise the update file, check that the folder names and file name are correct. Enter the folder names and file name in single-byte characters using uppercase letters.

I'd also reccomend that anyone who is unsure about doing this, that they just use the internet when they set up their PS4.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Here's what it says in the link

:pac: bet you kinda wish you hadn't bothered posting that link earlier :pac:

:pac: bet you kinda wish you hadn't bothered posting that link earlier :pac:

Yeah, I shoulda just quoted the article directly :pac:

It's a Sony article anyway, so all blame to Sony if someone messes up :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Tesco likely to have any deals on games tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭pjjk90

Anyone know where I'd be able to pick up a controller tomorrow and a game (COD) for a reasonable price? Smyths screwed up my order and I can only get the console

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

I'll get in early and wish everyone a good PS4 launch. WElcome to the next gen hope to see some of you online on the other side. On the minus side only a few more hours till most of my rare and ultra rare trophies are no longer as rare as they were. Its a great system I envy that first day feeling I had 2 weeks ago. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Hurry up! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Hurry up! :(

Throw yourself down the stairs as you've a high chance of knocking yourself unconscious and thus, bringing release time closer*

You also have a chance of breaking your neck and killing yourself, but I try to focus on the positive outcomes.

* I take no responsibility of actions taken by people in their own homes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement