Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, Finishing my last Mining trip in few minutes ( EVE online ) and I am off to town! Pizza sitting on a table, Energy drinks in a Fridge. the only thing that I am missing - PS4. Lets fix that! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Well folks, I won the comp, home about an hour. Still haven't dome anything with it yet, as the update has taken this long so if you could pre download onto usb it'll probably save ye some torture!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Well folks, I won the comp, home about an hour. Still haven't dome anything with it yet, as the update has taken this long so if you could pre download onto usb it'll probably save ye some torture!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

joe316 wrote: »

Wow congrats!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

wasnt gona bother doing it the USB way but since you said its taking so long, im downloading the update to USB now. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Sitting in a restaurant wish my missus counting the minutes down whilst nodding and agreeing. Three hours to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Best of luck to everyone getting their console tonight, got my Xbox one last week, the new generation is going to be savage!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Cwarim

What was the competition? Regretting not going now, it was just next door. Didn't know about it!

I was in HMV there and had a go of the Xbox, as their PS4 was broken (bad sign!). Forza was awesome, but the bumpers on the new controller are awful. Had a go of Fifa PS4 earlier, the game's the same but it's crystal sharp and the controller is magic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

I'd say the download will be grand in the morning. I updated mine to the retail update at about 4pm launch day here and it took 5 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

we need pics :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Cwarim wrote: »
    , but the bumpers on the new controller are awful.

Alot of people keep saying this but after a week with it I've found the trick is to keep your finger tips on the triggers all the time and use the second joint of your trigger fingers to hit the bumpers, it works really well and is great for FPS games. You cn't do that with the PS4 pad as the gap is too big between the l/R1 and L/R2s.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,777 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Liamario wrote: »
    The guy I was talking to was and is completely clueless. It would take him 5-10 minutes to type a sentence to basic questions. All he gives me when he did eventually send a line of text was information which I already knew, while failing to answer anything I asked of him. :mad:

Have you considered that he was probably on a chat with more than just you at the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Got number 5 in a queue! Woot! Now another 3 hour wait! Damn!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

happytramp wrote: »
    Think this might be the same guy who was banned earlier for joining just so he could pretend that the PS4 was faulty. Not sure why he does it though. It's very strange. I wouldn't be surprised if in his next post he claims that his unit is malfunctioning.

I reckon there's a lot of kids that were breast fed by there poppa and they have become trolls of the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

just a few more hours now.... is the Killzone bundle €440 ? I was just going to get battlefield 4 along with the console but was considering killzone at the cheaper price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

In fairness though he has been a member since 07.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Well lads, I'm off to queue up. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

aindriu80 wrote: »
    just a few more hours now.... is the Killzone bundle €440 ? I was just going to get battlefield 4 along with the console but was considering killzone at the cheaper price

Get Battlefield 4. The 64 player servers and larger maps are fantastic. Killzone doesn't look great in any of clips I've seen of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Get Battlefield 4. The 64 player servers and larger maps are fantastic. Killzone doesn't look great in any of clips I've seen of it.

I'm definitely getting battlefield ! I got 400+ hours out of BF3 on the PS3. I was thinking of picking up a reduced price Killzone but I might just save the cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Ah killzone is very good. Definitely worth picking up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Have you seen caspian border
    underground tunnels an all that jazz
    looks unreal
    had it on the xbox but im going to go balls deep on the ps4
    sold all the games I had
    just keeping the box for netflix down stairs till the gold sub runs out

ahhhh cant fookin wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Can any Xbox people tell me what time would be best to turn up to Smyths and the queues will be gone? Was thinking about 20 past?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭spiderjazz

Just back from Gamestop in Douglas, number 8 in the queue for later. They said they have about 200 ps4's ready for collection tonight, and they're expecting the majority of people to turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,777 ✭✭✭lertsnim

sugarman wrote: »
    ...and Im presumming its the same one as the ps3? And also assuming I can use my existing PS3 login/account?

Yes and yes

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

sugarman wrote: »
    Just reading now that you need a Playstation plus account to play online? Wheres the cheapest place to pick up a sub?

...and Im presumming its the same one as the ps3? And also assuming I can use my existing PS3 login/account?

Sorry if its all been discussed already, ordered one without really looking into it and now want everything sorted for tomorrow:o

Repeatedly, last time a page or two back.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭ccull123

Apologies if this question has been asked 1000 times over but does anyone know wheter or not the DLC content is available here in ireland for ps4 games purchased outside of europe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Ah lads. Im so jealous of you all :( I was offered a PS4 today as someone wanted to cancel their preorder last minute. Would'e had the cash had I not impulse bought a 32" tv on Black Friday Online sale two days ago :( I guess I need the spare TV for when I can afford the PS4 and I can lock myself away in my bedroom for weeks on end. BEst of luck to ye luck fúcknuggets <3 ex oh ex oh. Greatness awaits and all that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

SantryRed wrote: »
    Can any Xbox people tell me what time would be best to turn up to Smyths and the queues will be gone? Was thinking about 20 past?

In blanch? It's hard to tell depends on the size of the crowd. They filter people in slow enough but you shouldn't be waiting long though if you arrived about 20 past

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

Out side gamestop in wilton only 4 of us here yet . They are taking reservations at 10 pm . Can't bloody wait , off home to bring the missus in for the lanch at 12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

ccull123 wrote: »
    Apologies if this question has been asked 1000 times over but does anyone know wheter or not the DLC content is available here in ireland for ps4 games purchased outside of europe?

You have to buy the DLC from the same country that you bought the original game from. eg. US game = US DLC

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement