Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Bout 50 of us right now. 4th in the queue :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

There is a line outside Tesco here in Naas. About 5 or 6 so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Stroll in tomorrow morning to collect mine then hand over to the Mrs till Christmas :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

In and out of Gamestop in two mins, they bagged up the console for me and is all ready for collection at 12, not sure why people are queuing, sitting in the pub now up the road till midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Cwarim

Does anyone know what time Smyths and Gamestop are opening tomorrow? Earlier than usual? (Dublin city centre, in particular)

Where would be the best place to get a second controller and games? I'm getting my PS4 from BT who won't have either, and I'm worried about them selling out of controllers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Xenji wrote: »
    In and out of Gamestop in two mins, they bagged up the console for me and is all ready for collection at 12, not sure why people are queuing, sitting in the pub now up the road till midnight.

Like a boss lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I seriously need to ban myself from this thread. Don't even know when I'll be getting mine. Lucky feckers. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Stroll in tomorrow morning to collect mine then hand over to the Mrs till Christmas :(

At least make sure she works before giving it over. A good 7/8 hour session should be a decent experimentation window.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

The official livestream of the launch in the UK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yFWHFgV4xA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

aaronh007 wrote: »

At least make sure she works before giving it over. A good 7/8 hour session should be a decent experimentation window.

Haha whoopa indeed , no testing for me hope the foxconn elfs were kind to my baby... Still need to finish the last of us so that will keep me going

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

2Nd in line in my gamestop. Only about 15 here at the minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭happytramp

Lads keep posting updates from wherever you are. Launch info is like crack to me right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I just got my ticket there. Quite a few people chancing their arms with no pre orders. Getting evils for playing my 3DS :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Cwarim wrote: »
    What was the competition? Regretting not going now, it was just next door. Didn't know about it!

I was in HMV there and had a go of the Xbox, as their PS4 was broken (bad sign!). Forza was awesome, but the bumpers on the new controller are awful. Had a go of Fifa PS4 earlier, the game's the same but it's crystal sharp and the controller is magic.

It was a comp that Sony were running on their Facebook page to win one of 5, you got a key and if it opened the box you won. I was 27 in the queue and 3 ahead of me won and there were another 50 people behind me. Thought I didn't have a chance. :)

Btw I know it's above asking but have put my 2nd one up on adverts, reason be that instead of giving it to temple st as originally planned until someone here rightly suggested it could get nicked that I m using the money to buy toys for the SVP toy appeal.

Oh and btw no one buy knack it's useless!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Congrats Joe!

Gonna be hard sitting here waiting til morning but I made my choice and i'm sticking by it. :pac:

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Congrats Joe!

Gonna be hard sitting here waiting til morning but I made my choice and i'm sticking by it. :pac:

Cheers!! You might be better off the network is already grinding to a death, can't download any demos and the update took an age!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Yeah my cunning plan is to get a good nights sleep, pick it up around 10am tomorrow and get cracking while the rest of Europe is asleep after pulling an all nighter. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

joe316 wrote: »
    Cheers!! You might be better off the network is already grinding to a death, can't download any demos and the update took an age!!

Lucky feckers! :P

BaMJ1O9CcAAFFgW.jpg:large

Benzino wrote: »
    Lucky feckers! :P

BaMJ1O9CcAAFFgW.jpg:large

Bollix it's already in public, I'm the short one! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Is you console China or Japan ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Judging by you're name I thought that was you on the far right... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,300 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'm so tempted to drive past gamestop, smyths and xtravision here holding my PS4 box out the window and beeping.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Oat23 wrote: »
    I'm so tempted to drive past gamestop, smyths and xtravision here holding my PS4 box out the window and beeping.

Hahaha, do it, record it, put it on youtube, post link in this thread. Please and thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

How big is this update? I'm dreading it, with a connection resembling dial-up I may as well have not bothered pre-ordering it :pac:

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Judging by you're name I thought that was you on the far right... :pac:

Haha you've given me a right laugh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Oat23 wrote: »

you must do it! that would be the best thing ever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,578 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Eddie Ere wrote: »
    How big is this update? I'm dreading it, with a connection resembling dial-up I may as well have not bothered pre-ordering it :pac:

Download it onto a USB key now, if you stick it on now be done by the time your home...

Download is about 320 megs, took an hour earlier on upc 100 meg lime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

took an hour earlier on upc 100 meg lime.

You'd wanna check that modem, I think UPC sold you a lemon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement