Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Xenji wrote: »
    Yep :D it is so small though it will not show up in a image.

You serious? Did you get the kill zone mega bundle.? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

The relief! I swear I'm a grown man who was almost on the verge of tears like a child!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Update took about 2 minutes. Downloaded it through Wifi on a 8mb.

My God this is slick. This is my first time touching the controller or really seeing the console.

Picked up FIFA, NBA 2K 14, and Need for speed so i am going to have some fun tonight.

Get streaming on twitch ffs I wanna see boardsies havin fun on ps4 sick of the yanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Xenji ... It has it on the bottom of the box where it was made ,Can you get a pic ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

bad2dabone wrote: »
    The relief! I swear I'm a grown man who was almost on the verge of tears like a child!

The fear is there after the US launch. Go and game to your hearts content.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Hold everything! Changed the hdmi cable for a monster one I use for my ps3 and hey presto we're back in business!

Excellent! It's probably not the cable but the actual HDMI port at the back of the console - there have been some problems with loose connections. Once you're updated and up and running for a while, it'll be worth testing it with a few cables to see if you can replicate the issue. If so it's worth getting in touch with Sony and having them send you a replacement anyway, but at least you'll be able to play the console while waiting for one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

I'd be the same too and I'm old;).Glad you got it sorted,get gaming and enjoy.

That's the power of PlayStation for you, never underestimate it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Xenji ... It has it on the bottom of the box where it was made ,Can you get a pic ?.

I think he was poking some fun,maybe I'm wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Does the HDMI that came supplied look damaged in any way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Get streaming on twitch ffs I wanna see boardsies havin fun on ps4 sick of the yanks

I don't know how to do that Been honest Man. But i can tell you its so Quick and so slick.

I love the feel of the controller too. Its slightly heavier than the PS3 Controller but its fits into your hand perfectly.

FIFA Is so slick and smooth on it too.

Id like to say well done to Gamestop in Wexford too. I was no 80 in the queue and with in 9 minutes id my console. They had everything organized fantastic. Credit to the team there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

hmm, my excitement has died down. Having real trouble using the ps4 controller, nothing wrong with it, i just cant personally use it. Sucks because the game I bought looks fantastic.

might have to get an xbox one instead.

Read this ...its important .

http://lvlzero.com/2013/11/17/ps4-blod-analysis/

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

So jealous seeing all you guys with your new consoles!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

Lads the PS4 is the most beautiful thing my little eyes have ever seen!!
    Hope ye are having a good launch night so far.
    I'm just downloading the software update now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Anyone else take a while to find the power button? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

IT DIDNT BRICK! and the update by usb only took 3 minutes! Till tomorrow good folk!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    Lads the PS4 is the most beautiful thing my little eyes have ever seen!!
    Hope ye are having a good launch night so far.
    I'm just downloading the software update now :)

Anybody know we're to buy a extended warranty for ps4 doesn't seem to be on psn store like American have for 60 dollars I buy in xtravision thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

SantryRed wrote: »
    Anyone else take a while to find the power button? :o

Me haha I had to use the quick start guide, haven't used one of those in years! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Sorry it is a China CUH-10032, never trust your girlfriend with glasses to read something off the console, just looked at the box there, but it is working perferfectly so far, Killzone looks awesome, sorry about that :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Hold everything! Changed the hdmi cable for a monster one I use for my ps3 and hey presto we're back in business!

Thank god! Would have been sick for you pal.

Have fun!

My plan to turn in early and pick up my console at 9am doesn't seem to be working well :pac:

Xenji wrote: »
    Sorry it is a China CUH-10032, never trust your girlfriend with glasses to read something off the console, just looked at the box there, but it is working perferfectly so far, Killzone looks awesome, sorry about that :o

I think by the looks of things we'll all be getting Chinese made consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

miralize wrote: »
    hmm, my excitement has died down. Having real trouble using the ps4 controller, nothing wrong with it, i just cant personally use it. Sucks because the game I bought looks fantastic.

might have to get an xbox one instead.

Huh?

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    I think by the looks of things we'll all be getting Chinese made consoles.
    I do not hink the problems with the Chinese consoles will appear . The bad press about the Chinese consoles started in August . I think by now Sony and Foxconn would have sorted any potential issues before launch in Europe by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Huh?

I love the controller and this is from a person who has had every PlayStation, it is fantastic and feels so right in your hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,777 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Trying to download Netflix but only an option for Overview appears. IGN downloaded fine. Same for everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

The waiting for Tomorrow (today actually) is agonising! even little things like having the in-game audio with earhones through the controller is very exciting, and streaming music that way should be good too. Carbon Based Lifeforms and Godspeed You! Black Emperor will sound even better than per :p

I do not hink the problems with the Chinese consoles will appear . The bad press about the Chinese consoles started in August . I think by now Sony and Foxconn would have sorted any potential issues before launch in Europe by now.

Maybe your right, I'd still rather a jap ps4 tbh, I guess a Chinese one will have to do though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Does the HDMI that came supplied look damaged in any way?

No looks okay

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Where do I download Resogun from?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement