Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

miralize wrote: »
    I have no issue with the 360 controller. None. Its the analog placement. The controller is fine, I just cant use it.

They are actually in the exact same place on the controller, but they are a bit smaller, been that way since day one, is this your first Playstation, not trying to be smart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

miralize wrote: »
    Yeah, except for the fact that I literally & physically cant use it due to my disability.But sure I can just break & reset my bones & then untighten my hand muscles.

I would sell it, but I dont want to be waiting around for a few months for an Xbox to become available.

There are loads on Adverts that will swap you.On Adverts go to " Consoles" and search " PS4 " ...guys want a XBO to PS4 swap there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I thought half of the PS4 boardies would be streaming their modest bits on Twitch by now :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Xenji wrote: »
    They are actually in the exact same place on the controller, but they are a bit smaller, been that way since day one, is this your first Playstation?

Had a PS1 & PS2. Similar issues but my hand was more flexible then & smaller. Could game fine.

The major issues i'm having is accidentally tapping the touchpad & pressing the lb on command.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Ok so setting up stuff on my ps4 spent ages last night setting up playlist for fifa as i do this every year i prefer having my own music playing.

Plug in my external hard drive nothing........ i had no ****ing idea the ps4 did not support any sort of outside use for the usb other then sony content.

This is actually ****ing bull**** that means can no longer play videos music or even view ur pictures threw the machine.

I take it thats custom soundtracks gone by this method as well.

****ing joke seriously i know it might seem like a small issue but for me its very very very ****ing annoying i payed 400 euro for something that doesnt even do the simple stuff the older machine does. It will make Fifa for example really annoying to play part of what i loved was being able listen my own music threw the game without having run it from my pc.

• Advertisement

Ok so setting up stuff on my ps4 spent ages last night setting up playlist for fifa as i do this every year i prefer having my own music playing.

Plug in my external hard drive nothing........ i had no ****ing idea the ps4 did not support any sort of outside use for the usb other then sony content.

This is actually ****ing bull**** that means can no longer play videos music or even view ur pictures threw the machine.

****ing joke seriously i know it might seem like a small issue but for me its very very very ****ing annoying i payed 400 euro for something that doesnt even do the simple stuff the older machine does. It will make Fifa for example really annoying to play part of what i loved was being able listen my own music threw the game without having run it from my pc.

You are a few weeks behind in your anger, this was known weeks ago, I know it is a pain in the ass, but it will be sorted in the next patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

It has been known for weeks and it looks like it will be patched back in sooner or later.

The Xbox is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

riggerman wrote: »
    Hi lads I'm trying to set up a psn account username and I get to the last screen and its saying "an error occurred during communication with the server" . It downloaded the update in no time and everything seems to be working fine . Any help please

Have you tried doing it from your PC HERE. Might be worth a go.

I had no idea honestly i heard it no where so trust me this is new to me it slipped under the radar for me!! :pac:.

They better bloody patch it.

Not Soon Enough ...for some.

:P

Get with the programme buddy.

• Advertisement

I had no idea honestly i heard it no where so trust me this is new to me it slipped under the radar for me!! :pac:.

They better bloody patch it.

Shu is on it, will more than likely be in the next patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, my lovely ps4 works perfectly so far! Touch wood! Though weird thing it does not recognise me having ps+. I try buy ps+ but it says I got it already. Weird stuff.

Anyway, here it is, me and buddy playing killzone and it is awesome.
    DSC_0164_zpsd3bdeeaf.jpg

Not Soon Enough ...for some.

:P

Get with the programme buddy.

Haha ive been up to me eyes in all kinds of stuff over last few months this obviously passed me by without me knowing otherwise i wouldnt of spent all last night doing what i did :pac:.

Ah hopefully sorted soon.

Probley wont get to play the ps4 much for a while anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Haha ive been up to me eyes in all kinds of stuff over last few months this obviously passed me by without me knowing otherwise i wouldnt of spent all last night doing what i did :pac:.

Ah hopefully sorted soon.

Probley wont get to play the ps4 much for a while anyway.

I think there is a 30 day free Music unlimited trial you can use in the meantime. Check the Playstation store.

edit here is the PC link https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/games/music-unlimited-30-day-premium-trial/cid=IP9100-NPIA09003_00-CC0GENPREMIUM30T

Well, my lovely ps4 works perfectly so far! Touch wood! Though weird thing it does not recognise me having ps+. I try buy ps+ but it says I got it already. Weird stuff.

It is a big mother ****er is it not, you were rght, barely fit in the bag and it started drizzling, still got it home walking :D

If you have the PS+ issue the only way around it is setting up a new account.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

The light strip on my ps4 is white not blue is this right?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭ryanmatty

lertsnim wrote: »
    Trying to download Netflix but only an option for Overview appears. IGN downloaded fine. Same for everyone?

Same for me also but I went into the store and downloaded it from there!

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    The light strip on my ps4 is white not blue is this right?

Yeah it is grand, same as mine, if the blue light stays or blinks, then worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

All set up, how sweet she looks.

This is what i managed to get from smyths tonight:D

11110240106_1cb9b99459.jpg
    ps4 mine by beercr8te, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

Yeah it is grand, same as mine, if the blue light stays or blinks, then worry.

Phew!! Thought it was meant to be solid blue the whole time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Anyways guys, enjoy your new toys!

Something that I just noticed, was downloading Warframe and was chatting to a few people, the PS4 turned itself off, but when I turned it back on it told me that it had turned off due to inactivity, it was about a half hour, but in the settings it told me I could change this option which I did, so have a look in the setting if you plan on leaving it on all night downloading stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Something that I just noticed, was downloading Warframe and was chatting to a few people, the PS4 turned itself off, but when I turned it back on it told me that it had turned off due to inactivity, it was about a half hour, but in the settings it told me I could change this option which I did, so have a look in the setting if you plan on leaving it on all night downloading stuff.

Can't ya do background downloads in standby mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,578 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    Phew!! Thought it was meant to be solid blue the whole time

Mine has gone, blue, white, a weird shade of yellow and now red as its dying, the other controller seems charged already....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Mine doesn't seem to go into standby mode at all, I tried doing it so I could charge my controllers overnight but the lights on the controllers just went off. I've enabled the option to charge while in standby too.

Wing126 wrote: »
    Mine doesn't seem to go into standby mode at all, I tried doing it so I could charge my controllers overnight but the lights on the controllers just went off. I've enabled the option to charge while in standby too.

The controllers take a modern phone charger .You do not need a console to charge the controllers,just a ph charger...Sweet.

DaLad wrote: »
    Can't ya do background downloads in standby mode?

Nope not at the start, you have to change the settings yourself, everything is how you remembered it on the PS3, it is just finding it :pac: but after a quick look through all the settings you will be at home again.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

It is a big mother ****er is it not, you were rght, barely fit in the bag and it started drizzling, still got it home walking :D

If you have the PS+ issue the only way around it is setting up a new account.

Yeah, huge. I really really love it and killzone looks great. SP is fun so far. Shooting feels very satisfying. I am not even talking about that sexy sexy recharge sniper sound!

As for ps+. It shows that I don't even have! When I go and try buy it it says I already got 3+1 month... I can't play online now. :( this sucks. What do you mean making a new account?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jvrk

Are we not suppose to get the clip for camera?

• Advertisement

Yeah, huge. I really really love it and killzone looks great. SP is fun so far. Shooting feels very satisfying. I am not even talking about that sexy sexy recharge sniper sound!

As for ps+. It shows that I don't even have! When I go and try buy it it says I already got 3+1 month... I can't play online now. :( this sucks. What do you mean making a new account?!?!

For any trial with Sony you usually have to make a new user account, it has been a long running glitch for some reason, know when I tried to extend my PS+ the last time it would not take it and had to create a new account, used that same account with the PS4 and have had no issues.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement