Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

jvrk wrote: »
    Are we not suppose to get the clip for camera?

Nope, but from having a go with the camera and the little robots, we just put it on the stand the TV was on and it instantly picked up the 5 people in the room, it does not need to be on the top of the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Was playing a bit of Killzone online there but when I press the share button a menu came up saying it cannot be used here. Is sharing only limited to single player?

Also, feel free to add me! PSN: Benzino07

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jvrk

Oh will try it in the morning to see how it fairs with a projector.

Benzino wrote: »
    Was playing a bit of Killzone online there but when I press the share button a menu came up saying it cannot be used here. Is sharing only limited to single player?

Also, feel free to add me! PSN: Benzino07

The feature is down for the next few days to ensure that the PSN would stay up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Looks like there was some feck up with ps+ SUBSCRIPTION. I bought last time that 3+1 deal, but looks like it never wen. Through and it never took money for it. even if ps4 says I got it when I try to get sub... So I went in to ps+ APP and got sub for 3 month. Now it works and I got my free games and online back!

Off to play something now!

• Advertisement

Have Killzone and NBA 2k14, but still cannot stop playing Res0gun, damm it is addictive, I have never liked Assassins Creed since AC2 how is the new one, has the gameplay improved or is it more of the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Xenji wrote: »
    Have Killzone and NBA 2k14, but still cannot stop playing Res0gun, damm it is addictive, I have never liked Assassins Creed since AC2 how is the new one, has the gameplay improved or is it more of the same.

Told ya. Xenji whats your username don't think I caught it.

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    Told ya. Xenji whats your username don't think I caught it.

Xenji7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Well ive been Playing it about 3 hours constantly and my thoughts are as follows

Updates: They were done Quiet quick and done over WIFI on a 8mb download and it only took two minutes max

Console: Its so slick its unreal. Its beautiful looking. And id imagine a few people will will looking for the eject button.

Controllers: Love the controllers been honest. They feel bigger than the PS3 ones but they have a nicer feel to them i think.

Games

FIFA: Graphics are amazing.Played Liverpool v Everton and you could even see where they separate the Crowds, some Everton fans and The rest Liverpool fans. The Game plays beautifully on the console. Its so fast and smooth too.

Need for Speed: Graphics on this are fantastic too. I was doing burnouts (I know im easily entertained) but you could see the detail on the cars.

NBA 2K 14: The detail in this game is immense. I was playing against one player and he had a lot of tattoo's and you could see them clearly. Also the soundtrack on it is brilliant too.

Over all Impressions. - Im in Love. Love the Console. Love the feel of everything and how smooth you can go from a Game to another feature on the Console.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Anyone with a US PSN account should keep an eye on Amazon.com's PSN Store

Just add a US address to your address book (make sure the address is in a state that does not charge for digital purchases. Delaware for example), enter your card details and then enter the code you get on your US PSN account. Bought Marvel Superheroes for the PS4 and it worked out at about £25 and got an extra $5 off my next purchase.

• Advertisement

After playing a little bit a few games: who ever says that the leap in next gen is too small should open their fecking eyes.
    played so far killzone, ghost, warframe and resogun. That 1080p 60fps makes my jaw drop and I am a pc gamer! It's looks fantastic, end of story.

Controller is just freaking amazing. I am useless in fps when it came to controller, but now I can actually aim and kill stuff. It's just works!

I played a bit of cod and there were no fps dips that were reported before. Runs silky smooth and 1080p. It was patched up or people just had to make Xbox one 720p justification by lying about ps4 version.

All in all, I love it. I think I will be getting bf4 on ps4 after all too. I did nit expect controller being so damn good!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Gonna head down in the morning and grab my Megabundle, hopefully. And some games. And a Curly Wurly... Feck it, sure.

Off to bed lads. Ps4 is more epic then I imagined. Fantastic machine. Cya all later!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

I simply can't go on any longer, bedtime zzz. Resogun, that is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Amateurs! You call yourselves gamers? I don't even have mine yet, but I'm still awake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

That was one great all nighter :D PS4 is great to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

My console is getting picked up at 9 but I still have to wait till after work to play it!! Only 10 more hours :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

http://www.adverts.ie/playstation/ps4/4330980

Didn't even take 12 hours :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

First thing I saw when I got on the bus on my way to pick up my console this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SmurfX

cloud493 wrote: »

And someone bid 500 surely before even checking for availability. Madness. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

Has anyone's package from gamestop left the sorting office at all mines still stuck in ballymount since yesterday
    It should be in the Drogheda one by now pulling my hair out here

• Registered Users Posts: 36 D-K

Were smyths selling nba 2k14?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Christmas has come early :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Mines currently in the back of the local An Post van as it does its round and won't be mine until 3PM.
    Putting a ****ing snare by the post box next time.

I had planned to go full digital for a lot of games which means even if I get it at 3PM it'll be all hours before I get to actually play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

Just out of interest , does the PS4 support mkv playback ??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Lennyzip wrote: »
    Just out of interest , does the PS4 support mkv playback ??

No, not out of the box, it will probably be patched in at a later date so don't get rid of your PS3 so fast, it can still do things the PS4 can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Varik wrote: »
    Mines currently in the back of the local An Post van as it does its round and won't be mine until 3PM.
    Putting a ****ing snare by the post box next time.

I had planned to go full digital for a lot of games which means even if I get it at 3PM it'll be all hours before I get to actually play it.

Can't you play as you download on the PS4 or have I just said something really stupid?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Help!

My headphones are working but the sound is really low and can't be turned up. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

cloud493 wrote: »

I thought I'd copy this before Adverts removed it,:pac:
    Dub_Biker placed offer 29/11/2013 1:50 am (7 hours ago):

€40 OFFERED
    Offer full asking if its for a genuine pre-order deposit receipt for a PS4 that you don't want to collect for yourself etc.
    What shop is it for? Pm sent ok

MichelleMD
    MichelleMD placed offer 29/11/2013 3:00 am (6 hours ago):

€40 OFFERED
    MichelleMD
    MichelleMD asked a question 29/11/2013 3:02 am (6 hours ago):

I can't put in offer over asking price on this but I will offer more than 60? for it if you are willing to give genuine pre order receipt. What shop is it for?
    Dub_Biker
    Dub_Biker asked a question 29/11/2013 3:33 am (5 hours ago):

Hey MichelleMD,

How about I offer full asking price for that couch your selling from another account then come to your house and kick your ****ing face in you sneaky backstabbing cheeky ****!

I offered full asking price first and your well aware your trying to break the rules you ****ing scumbag!

I've reported you to adverts staff. Ye deserve a slap tho!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,852 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

bad2dabone wrote: »
    The relief! I swear I'm a grown man who was almost on the verge of tears like a child!

Seriously man, my heart sank for ya and even more for me dreading mine won't work either. Game on man!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement