Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

So I logged into my US account and downloaded flower but when I switch back to my irish account to play it it has a lock on it. Do I need to activate my US account somehow to allow everyone to use the content ?

NM figured it out, for anyone interested, you have to set the PS4 as your primary console under each account, then all users can share all content :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Well looks like I have the BLOD. Updated to 1.51 fine with USB stuck. Downloaded resign, slightly worried when app wouldn't launch. Then battlefield patch said it couldn't update. Turned off system and now BLOD. Going to try another couple of hdmi cables but don't think it's that.

Ah Bollox, hopefully all works out for you, gotta be a pain in the arse.

I've mine got, and i'm terrified this will happen when I get it home this afternoon.:eek::(:eek::(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

e_e wrote: »
    Did you try holding down the power button for 7 seconds?

Yeah not working. It's ****ed. It just turns off again after I hold it down for a bit.

Had two pre-orders, gamestop screwed up one, and now this. Was so relieved when it started up. If anyone wants to borrow any of the useless five games I have sitting here now let me know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Yeah not working. It's ****ed. It just turns off again after I hold it down for a bit.

Another thing I've seen is to hold the ps button on the ds4 until the light goes orange, then give it a few secs, hold the ps button again until the light turns white. Have you tried that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

does anyone have the link for the update when doing it via USB?

its on the ps site.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,300 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

CombatCow wrote: »
    So I logged into my US account and downloaded flower but when I switch back to my irish account to play it it has a lock on it. Do I need to activate my US account somehow to allow everyone to use the content ?

If I press the options button when a game is highlighted and choose information, beside 'Application Starting' is says 'Eligible(Everyone)'. What does it say for you?

Go to setting > PSN > Activate As Your Primary PS4 and activate on your US profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

http://uk.playstation.com/systemsoftwareversion/

hallo dare wrote: »
    Another thing I've seen is to hold the ps button on the ds4 until the light goes orange, then give it a few secs, hold the ps button again until the light turns white. Have you tried that?

Just tried it there no joy. Won't be able to bring it back to Harvey Norman, was a que snapping up every one of their spare consoles. Will give them a ring but there's not a hope I'd say.

• Advertisement

Just tried it there no joy. Won't be able to bring it back to Harvey Norman, was a que snapping up every one of their spare consoles. Will give them a ring but there's not a hope I'd say.

ah sac, did you try turning off the tv while the ps was running and then turn it back on. might be the handshake between the two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

where is the ps+ 14day trial code? I don't see it anywhere in the box .. am I blind? I've only manual .. no code

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

198321 wrote: »
    where is the ps+ 14day trial code? I don't see it anywhere in the box .. am I blind? I've only manual .. no code
    that's what I was wondering, its written on the box, but no code?..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Go to ps plus in store on the ps4 and claim it there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Go to ps plus in store on the ps4 and claim it there!

it only says 14 Day free trial Redeem Codes or Skip

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Posting from the PS4 .

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

Last time I order from gamestop that's for sure gaurenteed release day my hole
    They sent mine standard post even tho my account says express
    it's still sitting in the sorting office since yesterday
    I won't have it till maybe Monday at the earliest an post said
    They said I can't even go pick it up either which is more frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 9,777 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Had a quick blast of the Playroom this morning before work. Don't see myself going back to that too often

hallo dare wrote: »
    ah sac, did you try turning off the tv while the ps was running and then turn it back on. might be the handshake between the two.

Pulsing blue light is usually handshake it seems but nothing working, tried it in every hdmi port in my tv. The fact it's not starting in safe mode though means it's prob not a handshake.

On to Sony now, courier picking it up Tuesday, should have a new console by Thursday or Friday. Might as well just head back in to work!

Time to ring Gamestop and see why the hell my other pre-order didn't arrive! I'm usually very polite on the phone but I think my mood might not be condusive to that this afternoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

it only says 14 Day free trial Redeem Codes or Skip
    same as myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Ah, just woke up. Microwaved yesterday Pizza for breakfast. awesome! :D

When I am finished I will get back to my PS4!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Grayditch wrote: »
    Posting from the PS4 .

That is all.

Wow. Look at that 1080p/60FPS post.

Next Gen is here folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Is voice command working for anyone else? It isnt working for me, not sure if its because of the accent. :pac: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭deeroy12

Cheers mate unbelievable value

• Registered Users Posts: 29,852 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mine just arrived! Was delivered to the lads in the office downstairs. By the time I got there, opened it up and found a Dell PC inside. Getting the fuk outta here before something else happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Don't think I'll update it in the end, will mean only being able to play offline but it might be better to wait for 1.52

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Notorioux wrote: »
    Is voice command working for anyone else? It isnt working for me, not sure if its because of the accent. :pac: :(

Working fine for me yeah, you have to say "playStation" to get the voice commands started.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

guys, where is this code for 14 days psn+? none in neither mine or my brothers console boxes. i have 13 months psn so im fine but my brother is unable to play online as of yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I can't figure either where the code is going through the Play Store. Only giving me option to buy a membership.

Any advice?

• Advertisement

MarkY91 wrote: »
    guys, where is this code for 14 days psn+? none in neither mine or my brothers console boxes. i have 13 months psn so im fine but my brother is unable to play online as of yet..

Think it's in the PSN store.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement