Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

My last update on the site said it was in Shannon early this morning. Anybody gets theirs delivered from UPS this morning? Have a feeling I'll be waiting all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

MarkY91 wrote: »
    guys, where is this code for 14 days psn+? none in neither mine or my brothers console boxes. i have 13 months psn so im fine but my brother is unable to play online as of yet..

It's on the store , just go to the store on the PS4 and you will see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

People trying to buy their PS4 in France

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=416175301842281

Germans

ib2tlQ3O8pfUGH.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

Picked it up from BTs , legged it home , plugged her in and started it in safe mode as I had the system update downloaded onto a usb . So far so good , I'm giddy with excitement and then beep , beep , beep . She died on me , couldn't get it to restart for ages (well 10 minutes ) . Bricking it here , it's started up at last and is downloading the update . Fingers crossed .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Can anyone login into psn? I keeps telling me that an error has occurred during communication with the server.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Got the console, how long does 1.51 tale to install, been at,'Preparing to install for a few mins now

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

derm0j073 wrote: »
    Picked it up from BTs , legged it home , plugged her in and started it in safe mode as I had the system update downloaded onto a usb . So far so good , I'm giddy with excitement and then beep , beep , beep . She died on me , couldn't get it to restart for ages (well 10 minutes ) . Bricking it here , it's started up at last and is downloading the update . Fingers crossed .

how did you get it to restart?

I have my update on a USB stick and worried this will happen to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

RasTa wrote: »
    People trying to buy their PS4 in France

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=416175301842281

Germans

ib2tlQ3O8pfUGH.gif
    The German link is the funniest thing ever. One guy even lost his shoe!

I was planning on using the usb to update, the update was very fast for me downloading, I didn't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

My ps+ ran out last night of all nights, so I said I'd get the 14 day trial but its just not clicking in for me. Might just be the store having teething problems.

• Advertisement

PSN must be getting hammered. Cannot login at all! using both wired and wifi connections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

No word from you, things must be good!

Yeah psn is no good for me either

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

how did you get it to restart?

I have my update on a USB stick and worried this will happen to me!

Unplugged the power and left it sit for 30 seconds , plugged it back in and just downloaded it via the internet on psn . Kept having on switch her on and off for a while , I was bricking it . My advice is to skip the usb option and go with the internet download . Thank fcuk it's working .

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

CombatCow wrote: »
    Working fine for me yeah, you have to say "playStation" to get the voice commands started.

r u using the headset or the camera?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Why was anybody using the USB option over the wired download?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Yup, PSN is fooked for me as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Advised by Sony as PSN might be under pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,852 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Update almost finished, lads, it looks just class! First time holding the DS4, I heard all the good reviews but it really does feel class! Everything about it so far really feels 'Next Gen'.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

why have i no psn+ on my acocunt when i bought 15 months worth on ps4 a few weeks ago :\?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I went home at lunch and installed the update via usb first thing. It all went smoothly.
    Managed to get Resogun & Contrast downloaded and I've left the system installing Battlefield 4 (the update for BF4 downloaded in minutes).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Mine updated fine,but it looks like the PSN is under some strain!!Can't get fully through the login process yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,852 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

bazzz wrote: »
    Mine updated fine,but it looks like the PSN is under some strain!!Can't get fully through the login process yet.

Update downloaded fine but got stuck on preparing to install. I went to system update and it's downloading the update file again, weird.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Update downloaded fine but got stuck on preparing to install. I went to system update and it's downloading the update file again, weird.

Same for me

Unplugged the power and left it sit for 30 seconds , plugged it back in and just downloaded it via the internet on psn . Kept having on switch her on and off for a while , I was bricking it . My advice is to skip the usb option and go with the internet download . Thank fcuk it's working .

Thanks man, Ill skip the USB method and just wait for the download.

I have only a "personal hotspot" 3G internet at home and 500mb Broadband at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

sheehy83 wrote: »

This is probably because of the network stress,your download might have not finished properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Okay, am I the only one who is constantly looking for a damn Start button lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

4 free games on day one, c'mere t'me an' I kiss ya!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

So.....I guess ps4 is selling pretty damn well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement