Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Lucreto wrote: »
    Can't log on to save my life.

Error E-82E101F6 by any chance?

Was online at midnight(ish) but can't sign into PSN now.

EDIT: Can't log onto the online store, "The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server."
    App times out too when I select PSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

MarkY91 wrote: »
    ok i just restarted my ps4. and when i turn it on, it makes a weird noise inside and straight away the fan is in overdrive

Myn makes a wierd noise for a like a second aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

brijay wrote: »
    Myn makes a wierd noise for a like a second aswell

as if somthing inside is loose??

does your ps4 then have its fan going very fast regardless of playing games or not?

im starting to get worried :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

does your ps4 then have its fan going very fast regardless of playing games or not?

ok now the fan just stopped for no apparent reason. ill give it until sunday before i ring xtravision.

anyone looking for killzone? im looking to swap for need for speed

No it;s only when I turn it on I get a wierd noise don't think it's the fan..... Does anybody else get this it's for like a split second when I turn it on... then it goes quiet again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

It does make a quick click sound but then seems quiet after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

F1ngers wrote: »
    Error E-82E101F6 by any chance?

Was online at midnight(ish) but can't sign into PSN now.

EDIT: Can't log onto the online store, "The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server."
    App times out too when I select PSN.

Thats the error alright.

My game never arrived and I can't download anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,300 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Made in Japan they said...

..Be grand they said...

:P

edit: I have feck all PS4 friends :(

Oatesy-- if anyone wants to add me..I have BF4, FIFA and NBA 2K so far but it doesn't really matter if we play different games..just having people online will make me feel better :pac:

It doesn't help that there is no way to tell if the 74 on my friendlist only have PS3 of PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

so says my friend. it seems only my ps4 is loud :S its not even enclosed in a place where it will overheat. call of duty has stopped installing so im only on the UI so it has no reason to be vibrating this much. ill turn it off and back on

Apparently if you are playing a game and also go into the UI it uses the most power and is at it's loudest, could that be it?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,852 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It does make a quick click sound but then seems quiet after that.

Yeah, only noise I hear is when I first turn it on. It's either the fan kicking in for a second on boot up or the hard drive starting, either way nothing to worry about but hard to compare to the noise you can hear.

I can't log into PSN but I'm guessing will be hard to access today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Gamestop.ie have red & blue DS4's if anyone is interested in buying them. €59.99 each

BLUE ONE

2med.jpg

RED ONE

2med.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Oat23 wrote: »

..Be grand they said...

Oatesy-- if anyone wants to add me..I have BF4, FIFA and NBA 2K so far but it doesn't really matter if we play different games..just having people online will make me feel better :pac:

It doesn't help that there is no way to tell if the 74 on my friendlist only have PS3 of PS4.

Change your message to "PS3 Peasants" that'll get their attention. My brother told me this today. Seems odd they couldn't make a distinction. There was a bug that made my friends palying the Vita to disappear of my friends list on the Ps3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Oat23 wrote: »

..Be grand they said...

I'll add you if I ever get online for some nba!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Glad to see I'm not the only one with a loud PS4.. It's worrying :/

I'll add you if I ever get online for some nba!

Yeah, I can't get online at the moment but send me an invite as well - sheehy83. NBA will be with me next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Can't sign into PSN at all, Error NW-31201-7, anyone else get this?

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Can't sign into PSN at all, Error NW-31201-7, anyone else get this?

Yupp I'm getting the same. The PSN is being pounded.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Ya same here. The patch downloaded fine for me but cannot log into the psn for the life of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Yupp I'm getting the same. The PSN is being pounded.

Aslong as it isn't just me so :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,932 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm guessing those of us on PS3 won't be able to log in to PSN either? 'Tis just as well the toy show is on tonight so.

Feck ye and yer fancy PS4's :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I think people over reacting a bit with noise. My one on start up makes a but noise and spins disc inside then goes pretty much silent. The temperature of console it self is very mild, so there is no overheating.

I am petty sure psn will be in cluster**** mode today. Majority of normal people getting theirs Today, so load on psn will be a lot bigger then last night. Anyone who did not expected. That to happen is a bit "out of touch".

I really love those red and blue Controllers. I got two black ones now. :( Bollox to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

10 minutes left in work, LORD

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Trigg171

Yeah can't get into PSN myself. My console is very quiet. Been reading reports about how it gets really loud especially when installing but its no where that, quieter than my slim. Pretty happy with the noise levels its completely drowned out by my pc in the same room.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Can't create a user name either. This isn't doing anything to change my concern is that PSN isn't as robust as Xbox live.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

Trigg171 wrote: »
    Yeah can't get into PSN myself. My console is very quiet. Been reading reports about how it gets really loud especially when installing but its no where that, quieter than my slim. Pretty happy with the noise levels its completely drowned out by my pc in the same room.

Better not affect my Netflix viewing later (PSN) !

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Hud420

I heard you can swap in a PS3 Fifa 14 for a PS4 one for €10/€20 extra does anyone know if you can do this with a Xbox 360 one for a PS4??

Hud420 wrote: »
    I heard you can swap in a PS3 Fifa 14 for a PS4 one for €10/€20 extra does anyone know if you can do this with a Xbox 360 one for a PS4??

Asked Gamestop on Facebook they said you could

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

Still havent got onto the PSN yet on either my US account or EU account.

Disapointing but at least i'm not the only one. I thought the thing was shagged just out of the box!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Hud420 wrote: »

Whoops wrong thing. Lol yeah you can trade it for €15 upgrade offer. FIFA is the only game you don't need to have purchased from them I think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement