Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Anyone that got the Killzone bundle notice if the game box has a bar code on it? or if it's marked bundle copy?
    I plan on trading my copy soon after collecting the bundle.

Mine has a big yellow sticker on it that says 'not to be sold separately', so I guess you can't trade it in

Why is it so loud?

It's louder than my ps3 slim

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Anyone that got the Killzone bundle notice if the game box has a bar code on it? or if it's marked bundle copy?
    I plan on trading my copy soon after collecting the bundle.

It says "Not to be sold seperatly" instead of the barcode. Gamestop might take it back under trade in, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    Why is it so loud?

It's louder than my ps3 slim

Seems to be an issue for some people, but others e finding it a lot quieter, myself included

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

NotorietyH wrote: »
    My Dad laughed when I told him about the BLOD. I think I cured global warming my icy stare back was so cold,

Taking all my self control not to run out and buy a Wii U and Mario 3D World. Was all set for big gaming weekend.

I think Dice deliberately sabotaged my PS4 with the patch as they knew I'd be too good at it and wanted people to get practice in so they could stand a chance against me. I'll take it as a compliment.

Joking eases my pain.

Enjoy yer consoles lad! I'll see ye on it next week. I think I have to stop looking at the thread for a while and just sit amongst my games and controllers screaming "Why!" constantly.

Ah I'll be grand it's just another week wait, there's plenty of people who have to wait longer out there, and in the scheme of things, it's not really a problem.

I know its both a longshot and you may already have tried it but did you check your HDMI port to see if the earthing clips around the outside are bent or anything?

W

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Paarthurnax

Anyone try remote play using their ps vita, Im logged in to psn on the vita but still waiting to log in on the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Anyone try remote play using their ps vita, Im logged in to psn on the vita but still waiting to log in on the PS4.

Have given Killzone a run on the Vita. PS4 downstairs, Vita in bedroom upstairs. No problems. Pretty cool. Obviously the screen is smaller so some of the onscreen text can be hard (Impossible) to read. Using the rear touchpad is a bit of a pain (For R1/L1. R2 and L2 are the shoulder buttons)

As for noise, mine is dead quiet. The optic drive is a bit noisy initially as it's installing and running off disc at same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,777 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Yes. Had a mess around with the menus last night using the Vita. It worked perfectly

Have given Killzone a run on the Vita. PS4 downstairs, Vita in bedroom upstairs. No problems. Pretty cool. Obviously the screen is smaller so some of the onscreen text can be hard (Impossible) to read. Using the rear touchpad is a bit of a pain (For R1/L1. R2 and L2 are the shoulder buttons)

As for noise, mine is dead quiet. The optic drive is a bit noisy initially as it's installing and running off disc at same time.
    Should be good for playing in bed on those cold mornings. I dont find it any louder than the ps3 slim either.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

According to a couple of websites it should be up and running again af 8pm GMT

• Advertisement

Nice. Just in time for when I finish work

COYVB wrote: »
    Seems to be an issue for some people, but others e finding it a lot quieter, myself included

Yeah mines fairly loud unfortunately. Can hear it clicking on and off at the start as well.

If it wasn't for that it'd be smooth sailing altogether

The gulf of difference the quality of textures right beside each other in Killzone weird. Sort of like Gran Turismo 5 when you picked an older car to race on the new track.

Some things look beautiful and some look ugly.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

After years of living next to a PCs with 4-8 Fans on all the time, PS4 is a definition of Silences lol.

I bet someone will come in later on and go " Well that is it, ITS IS A DEAL BREAKER for me, its too loud, I am not buying ps4 anymore, cancelling my pre order! " :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Today's Sun page 3.

Eu1eMyT.jpg

I can hear it but it's not loud in volume or at all intrusive. Infact I only really noticed if after I read this page :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Anyone getting 'an error occured E-8200002'.. everytime i try download from ps store..

Jesus, the first time an audio log in Killzone came through the controller, I lept.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭The Uninvited Guest

Everybody did system update at the beginning right?

You can still use your previous PSN account?

Sorry, novice here.

Everybody did system update at the beginning right?

You can still use your previous PSN account?

Sorry, novice here.

Yes and yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭The Uninvited Guest

lertsnim wrote: »
    Yes and yes

Cheers man

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Mine is whisper quiet. Although my hearing is worse than most :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

ok so after a few hours of playing, ive come to the conclusion that the ps4 is only like a blowdryer when youre installing a game and weirdly enough it continues to be very loud for a little bit after instalation..then its fine again

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Anyone using a camera? Voice control is really cool, and lightning fast

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Mine is very quiet.

Thought I had signed in but it kicked me out again after I selected my profile options

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

I'm getting such bad screen flicker its unbearable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

So how do we redeem the 14 day Ps+?

Unearthly wrote: »
    Mine is very quiet.

Thought I had signed in but it kicked me out again after I selected my profile options
    Yeah i just got that far updated my profile but no further, its a start i suppose:)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Trigg171

Got Resogun working, had a game. Amazing, If I didn't have to go and help my sister move this evening I'd be playing this mostly tonight.

• Advertisement

Online at last!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement