Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

still can't get online........

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Just home from bt
    quick question usb or wired for the patch
    150mb bb
    But not sure if network is stable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Just unpacked my ps4 updated got ready to play and I cant ****ing sign into psn, seen a post a few posts back about 8pm, is that when its supposed to be back up and running???

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Anyone have any pics of their PS4 setup/unboxing???........I need this

This is my unboxing after the midnight launch, hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Paarthurnax

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    still can't get online........
    Keep trying you will eventually get online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Still haven't taken it out of the box. Will hopefully get set up around 10. Then I'm bloody away all flipping day tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Got online and downloading the games now. A good 4 hours trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Right now it only feels like an upgraded PS3, because it's only the beginning, but honestly, I'm fine with that at the moment.

The craic is being had faster and prettier enough to keep me happy. Seems like a beast. It'll be interesting to see all the cool stuff we can do a year from now. Glad I this on day one, all the same.

Oh and motion control to select letters when typing. Works wonders.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,298 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I've had no problems playing online since I went on at 5pm...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Please wait.....

I've been waiting for 5 hours to get online

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭united2k11

For anyone who hasn't bought Ps plus yet (hopefully this hasn't been posted before)
    It's for sale here for $29.99 (around 22/23 euro) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004RMK5QG/ref=dsvrt_review_asin_detail
    Yes it's an american PS+ but just create an american PSN account and you can play online on your normal account.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Unearthly

united2k11 wrote: »
    For anyone who hasn't bought Ps plus yet (hopefully this hasn't been posted before)
    It's for sale here for $29.99 (around 22/23 euro) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004RMK5QG/ref=dsvrt_review_asin_detail
    Yes it's an american PS+ but just create an american PSN account and you can play online on your normal account.

However just FYI you will only be able to get US ps plus game offers and if the ps3 and vita are anything to go by then Europe usually has a superior selection

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Lads, when viewing somebodys PSN profile? Where does it say their location??

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Whisper quiet PS4 for me. Although getting online is becoming a pain in the a-hole

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Is it better for the console to be placed vertically or horizontally?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Just an FYI for anyone thinking of trading in mega bundle stuff to Gamestop....they gamed the bloody system before the PS4 even launched!

Before the console was released they had the trade in cash price set at a shockingly insulting 36 Euro for a DS4 + Killzone....yeah, both items 36 cash, or 52 trade-in credit.

Disgusting!....had war with them today about it, disgraceful prices....they'll resell that stuff for 50 quid each i bet!
    My advice....sell it on Adverts or friends, give Gamestop the finger they deserve!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Loving the PS4, and the noise level is non existent in apps and stuff, but very loud otherwise like in games.

Wonder could I bring it back tomorrow and guarantee a replacement right there and then. The noise is annoying me a lot considering it's louder than my 4 year old PS3

Gamestop in unreasonable trade-in-price shocker :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

n32 wrote: »
    Is it better for the console to be placed vertically or horizontally?

Its designed for both, so whichever way works for you. If its vertical just make sure nobody knocks it over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭The Uninvited Guest

Can't remember my previous PSN password. Pain in the bollix

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭McGrath5

jenjenten wrote: »
    Just an FYI for anyone thinking of trading in mega bundle stuff to Gamestop....they gamed the bloody system before the PS4 even launched!

Before the console was released they had the trade in cash price set at a shockingly insulting 36 Euro for a DS4 + Killzone....yeah, both items 36 cash, or 52 trade-in credit.

Disgusting!....had war with them today about it, disgraceful prices....they'll resell that stuff for 50 quid each i bet!
    My advice....sell it on Adverts or friends, give Gamestop the finger they deserve!

Gamestop have long been up to those type of antics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Paul MCM wrote: »
    Its designed for both, so whichever way works for you. If its vertical just make sure nobody knocks it over

Whats the better option regarding keeping console cool?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

trying to redeem my Uplay code and the bonus content code but either on irish store or US store(got ac4 from canada) when i insert the codes, i get sent straight to the UI. no store problems as its working fine, i have no idea what to do now...

my Freefall code for cod ghosts from canda worked fine though..

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    Loving the PS4, and the noise level is non existent in apps and stuff, but very loud otherwise like in games.

Wonder could I bring it back tomorrow and guarantee a replacement right there and then. The noise is annoying me a lot considering it's louder than my 4 year old PS3

That's odd, I have virtually zero sound from mine. hard to tell if it's even running :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mileslow

Grayditch wrote: »
    Gamestop in unreasonable trade-in-price shocker :pac:

I've never traded in anything in there before. Have a good few dvds that I'd happily get rid of, could I get store credit and just pick up a game then with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Love the console, DS speaker is loud, console quiet, love AC4 but dissapointed with NFS rivals, think I gonna sell it tomorrow ...

mileslow wrote: »
    I've never traded in anything in there before. Have a good few dvds that I'd happily get rid of, could I get store credit and just pick up a game then with that?

If you value your DVD's in or around the 50c mark (Depending on how new they are) then yeah fire ahead, otherwise keep them. Brutal trade in on most titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mileslow

Eddie Ere wrote: »
    If you value your DVD's in or around the 50c mark (Depending on how new they are) then yeah fire ahead, otherwise keep them. Brutal trade in on most titles.

Jesus that's crap. And that's definitely not the cash price that you're quoting?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I might be in full retard mode right now but when I'm entering text, and i hit R3, how does it know where I'm aiming at the TV?
    The Wii controller needed an IR bar. What am I missing here...?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement