Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

psn working for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I might be in full retard mode right now but when I'm entering text, and i hit R3, how does it know where I'm aiming at the TV?
    The Wii controller needed an IR bar. What am I missing here...?

Dualshock 4 has sixaxis. A gyroscope of sorts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Grayditch wrote: »
    Gamestop in unreasonable trade-in-price shocker :pac:

aj jezzz!.....i mean they even had the board stacked before the fecking console was out :rolleyes: .....i collected my bundle and wanted to trade in there and then, because i thought i'd beat everyone to the punch and get a decent price.

but they had the system rigged in advance..... :mad:

mileslow wrote: »
    Jesus that's crap. And that's definitely not the cash price that you're quoting?!

cash price.....new stuff as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mileslow

jenjenten wrote: »
    cash price.....new stuff as well.

Ah well I won't be looking for cash if I do decide to trade in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I was under the impression Europe was getting PS4s that were made in Japan. Mine was made in China.

Probably doesn't matter much at the end of the day.

I was under the impression Europe was getting PS4s that were made in Japan. Mine was made in China.

Probably doesn't matter much at the end of the day.

mine was MIC as well....working fine though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

198321 wrote: »
    Love the console, DS speaker is loud, console quiet,

You can change the DS4 volume in the console settings-devices-controller. It's set to almost the highest setting by default, I knocked it back to a little over half way.

Another FYI - i have COD:G - PS3 to PS4 upgrade smooth as silk, all the DLC codes have worked. I input codes for Lego Marvel, BF4 and AC4 and they all worked.

There are good deals on all these PS3 games as Tecso and Gamestop right now, pay a tenner and upgrade to a digital PS4 copy!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,483 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

just taking mine out of the box now. annoyed i didnt get fifa (smyths were sold out and my local xtra vision didnt have any games for sale) but got kilzone and assasians creed.

• Advertisement

Another FYI - Music Unlimited = i got 90 days for 3 Euro on the website!....if you're a MU subscriber and you can avail of the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭mcw92

Has anyone done the Digital Upgrade?

Im playing a PS4 atm(not mine).
    I have COD on the PS3.
    Can i do the upgrade for 14.99, play COD now on the PS4,
    but then still be able to play COD on the PS3 when i dont have this PS4 to play?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

PLEASE HELP

I can get sound to my Triton headset but it is too low even with the sound device up to the last. The volume on the Triton dies nothing for the ps4!

Anyone have the same problem as I currently have to use the TV audio which is ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Just got home at about 7:30 and still not into a game, the games installed quickly but and the system updated fast and fine but there were online issues.

Couldn't buy Killzone off the store, and when I managed that I noticed that the PS4 was trying to download everything at once so I'd wasted some BF4 time.

Trigg171 wrote: »
    Got Resogun working, had a game. Amazing, If I didn't have to go and help my sister move this evening I'd be playing this mostly tonight.

Seriously? It is like a game I have on my phone.

Varik wrote: »
    Just got home at about 7:30 and still not into a game, the games installed quickly but and the system updated fast and fine but there were online issues.

Couldn't buy Killzone off the store, and when I managed that I noticed that the PS4 was trying to download everything at once so I'd wasted some BF4 time.

BF4 fan? See ya on the field. It is the only next gen game for ps4, rest are current gen

mcw92 wrote: »

I have COD on the PS3.
    but then still be able to play COD on the PS3 when i dont have this PS4 to play?

its 9.99 to upgrade....does your ps3 copy have the upgrade code?
    not sure if you can play the disc version on ps3 and digital copy on ps4. I would *assume* if you redeem the upgrade code the ps3 copy is dead.

mozattack wrote: »

:mad: .....dem voxels man!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Resogun downloading! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Trigg171

mozattack wrote: »

Have you even played it? The sheer amount of voxels and stuff going on screen is way beyond what any phone can do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

Having trouble redeeming codes. I enter the code and get booted to the main screen. Anyone else??

Ps plus and cod ghosts dlc code.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Paarthurnax

mcw92 wrote: »

I have COD on the PS3.
    Im downloading the upgrade for Ass Creed 4, you have to use your ps3 disk, im just wondering if it keeps my 85% sinc progress or not.
    i bought the upgrade for Fifa 14 and it seems way better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

ferike1 wrote: »
    Having trouble redeeming codes. I enter the code and get booted to the main screen. Anyone else??

Ps plus and cod ghosts dlc code.

Same thing with me, came on here to see if it happened anyone else. Booted to main screen everytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

I can't find any sign of the PSN free 14 day trial leaflet. Did every PS4 come with one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

I can't find any sign of the PSN free 14 day trial leaflet. Did every PS4 come with one?

Just go to the psn store on your ps4 it should be there for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

Probably due to high traffic

So does the fan kick in for a while for people and sound quite loud? It has just wound down for me now after about 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

So does the fan kick in for a while for people and sound quite loud? It has just wound down for me now after about 5 minutes.

happenw for me during and a bit after game instals. i thought my console was dodgey but it only happens during installs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Goofypr

Just turn up your volume. :D

Some people finding it an issue. Others not. Mines pretty quiet. But in a soundproof room and volume high high!

• Advertisement

MarkY91 wrote: »
    happenw for me during and a bit after game instals. i thought my console was dodgey but it only happens during installs :)

I was just after installing NFS when the fan kicked in. Might not have been finished I guess.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement