Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

blaa85 wrote: »
    Same thing with me, came on here to see if it happened anyone else. Booted to main screen everytime.

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 RampantRichie

Why are people installing the update using a usb key?
    I am about to unbox my ps4 and wanted to know if i will encounter a problem if I attempt to use the internet to install the update. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I was just after installing NFS when the fan kicked in. Might not have been finished I guess.

it will stop in a little while :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I am about to unbox my ps4 and wanted to know if i will encounter a problem if I attempt to use the internet to install the update. Thanks in advance.

psn is down

• Registered Users Posts: 29,852 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Got online yurt!

Cant use 14 day trial as I already had a previous sub booooo

Got ps+ and downloading resogun and contrast yaaaaaay

Friends list cant tell me who's online for ps4 boooooo

The light in the controller is class yaaaaay

Bit annoying to see the light reflecting in your tv booo

can download multiple games at once yaaaaay

Cant pause a download to make another go faster booooo

PS4 is fukkin class yaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

ShaneU wrote: »
    psn is down

I updated via PSN about a half hour ago. Took 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Is it normal for the matte part on top of the console to get quite hot? I know I'm like probably maany others who's a bit OCD with their shiny new consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Goofypr

People were saying to save yourself time, as servers could get overloaded. To do it by USB, took me about 5 minutes over network. But others had serious issues with it. Took a few hours.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

At the end of the 14 day free trial are games like Rresogun unplayable until you sign up for a full subscription? Got my killzone bundle this evening from Gamestop, China made but it works and it's whisper quite. Let the fun begin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

easier...i bought a usb 3.0 drive, reads lightning fast. it went straight to 1.01 - 1.51, and booted like you switched it on for the first time.

• Advertisement

nocoverart wrote: »
    Is it normal for the matte part on top of the console to get quite hot? I know I'm like probably maany others who's a bit OCD with their shiny new consoles.

seems normal...mine is quite warm, but not hot.

Also.....the PS4 is a fecking dust magnet, literally!......especially the glossy part, think its because its new and still static charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

aaronm13 wrote: »
    At the end of the 14 day free trial are games like Rresogun unplayable until you sign up for a full subscription? Got my killzone bundle this evening from Gamestop, China made but it works and it's whisper quite. Let the fun begin...

Yeah, free games unplayable until you resub. Discounted games you buy are fine.

"playstation.....home screen"

:D

3 meters away and the mics pick up every command fine, but not many of them for now....hopefully lots more will be added overtime. Not a big fan of the camera image quality, 1280x800....quality is average. But for voice commands its a must buy!

Sooooo small!, light, sexy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Lads, im having an issue with my DS4... The UP button on the D-Pad is needs a significantly harder press than the other buttons. It very noticeable. :-/

Do you reckon id need to return my entire cobsole or can i just swap the controller?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

mozattack wrote: »
    Seriously? It is like a game I have on my phone.

Don't+like.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Yeah, free games unplayable until you resub. Discounted games you buy are fine.

Cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Keep in mind lads, psn is overloaded to tits. They disabled code redeeming now, that's why its not working.

By the way, a lot of people don't realise that ps camera has Mic always on. I already listened for 2 phone calls with a lot of Irish accent "fecking hell m8!" and some wife and husband arguing while playing ghost :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    I know its both a longshot and you may already have tried it but did you check your HDMI port to see if the earthing clips around the outside are bent or anything?

W

Cheers yeah, it was the first thing I checked before I even plugged in console first thing as I knew it was something to look out for. Seemed fine and worked fine for the first hour and a half. I started getting errors when I tried to launch a game and a couple of apps, saying couldn't be launched, then Battlefield patch said it couldn't update, so I think it was something with the system software or something else.

Was very frustrating, had literally spent an hour just waiting for stuff to download, setting up and registering the vita, the phone app, activating the system, then boom, gone. Turned it off, with voice command which was cool, to see if I could get Resogun working, but never came back on.

I relaxed a bit more once I got on to Sony and he said I should have a new console by Thursday. So turnaround isn't bad. Went to play a board game at a buddies house instead seeing as it doesn't seem to be my week with technology. Hard drive went on my computer too. Board game was fun until it crashed, and the pieces stopped moving. Tried restarting it but half the snakes and ladders disappeared.

Thanks for the help, sympathy and suggestions though, appreciate it, from everyone. Annoyed Gamestop screwed me with my online order too, not responding to emails or phone calls. Had pre-ordered in February, so think fate decided I wasn't to play PS4 this weekend so who am I to argue! Might get around to finishing GTA V. But I'm afraid to touch any piece of technology at this stage! I waited 11 months, another week won't kill me. Guy from Sony asked if it had been dropped or knocked in any way. I was tempted to say "Not yet," as I did briefly consider throwing it through the window.

Edit: Reading through thread I'd say it was a system software issue, my voice control was quite sluggish, to as fast as other people's seem to and the motion control for the keyboard never worked, so possibly the system update was borked on my USB stick. Should have just downloaded it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

ok so I don't think AC4 is going to be enough until watch dogs will come out but I realized I don't like racing games , so I put nfs rivals on adverts .. it's pretty weired selling game which I only got today but after few weeks value goes down significantly i guess ..

• Advertisement

Keep in mind lads, psn is overloaded to tits. They disabled code redeeming now, that's why its not working.

By the way, a lot of people don't realise that ps camera has Mic always on. I already listened for 2 phone calls with a lot of Irish accent "fecking hell m8!" and some wife and husband arguing while playing ghost :D

I am wearing uggs and pj bottoms sitting in front of the camera....there will NO sexy camera footage coming from this gamer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭mcw92

jenjenten wrote: »
    its 9.99 to upgrade....does your ps3 copy have the upgrade code?
    not sure if you can play the disc version on ps3 and digital copy on ps4. I would *assume* if you redeem the upgrade code the ps3 copy is dead.

Yes thats what I'm thinking, i have the upgrade code, but i don't want to do it and then lose it on my PS3. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭mcw92

whenever i try to download resogun, i click download, the horizontal bars come up, then nothing. The game isn't in my downloads or anything.
    Ive clicked purchase first to add it, and it even takes me through the purchase process. Ive already downloaded netflix, so why is this not working?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

anyone having problems starting resogun, it keeps telling me "the ps4 is not connected to the net and cannot verify the license for the app".

Well my ps4 is connected, i can play multi player and all. There's also a pic of a lock beside resogun.

i tried restoring licence undet psn settings but no good.

got it sorted, under psn settings theres a primary ps4 setting that i had to activate,just for anyone else with the same probs

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Anybody else missing their upgrade for fifa 14

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Did not expected Resogun to be THIS good.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Paarthurnax

Im shocked how good the remote play on the ps vita is, playing fifa 14 impressive, ultimate team the works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Can't play killzone anymore, telling me it's ready to install over and over again.

Resogun is amazing. So cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 RampantRichie

Waiting for a 600mb download hoping to play battlefield...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Grayditch wrote: »
    Did not expected Resogun to be THIS good.

I didn't expect to be THIS bad at it, it looked easy in all the videos Iv seen pre-launch :/:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement