Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

F1ngers wrote: »
    As far as I know they'll hold it for 48hrs.
    Why should they hold stock indefinitely for E5 when they can sell it for E60?

I brought the wrong receipt in last nite so they wouldnt give it to me grand thats fine. I sent my brother in with everything today and they said there sold out..... What was the ****ing point in putting a deposit on then lol?

Reason i did it was because member of staff told me it was only way to make sure u got a copy they where not sure of stock levels.

So ya waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I like Warframes use of the light bar.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I brought the wrong receipt in last nite so they wouldnt give it to me grand thats fine. I sent my brother in with everything today and they said there sold out..... What was the ****ing point in putting a deposit on then lol?

Reason i did it was because member of staff told me it was only way to make sure u got a copy they where not sure of stock levels.

So ya waste of time.

That absolute bull**** :mad:

That absolute bull**** :mad:

Tell me about it. He was told to come back on Monday.

Im calling into them tomorrow anyway if i get a chance i might not. Wanna know what way there deposit system works. Sooner the better someone takes the monopoly off of Gamestop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

srumball wrote: »
    Playroom is for messing about with the camera

and kicking cute robots........:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Few beers and the Playroom trophies come flooding in. Not a hard task in fairness

nocoverart wrote: »
    Is Music Unlimited down for everybody? apart from that everything else seems to be running buttery smooth for me now.

down for me for several hours....i imagine sony have disabled this as well but havent posted info about it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Tell me about it. He was told to come back on Monday.

Im calling into them tomorrow anyway if i get a chance i might not. Wanna know what way there deposit system works. Sooner the better someone takes the monopoly off of Gamestop.

Make sure you get your deposit back :mad:

lertsnim wrote: »
    Few beers and the Playroom trophies come flooding in. Not a hard task in fairness

Yeah, its basically free trophies. I doubt i'll touch the Playroom ever again, unless they get fresh and free DLC. its for young kids....it looked really cool from the preview vids and gamescom etc.

But in practice its very childish and i feel :o booting robots around the screen, did allow me to link up my android and test the whole toymaker thingy.

Worked perfect, i drew i giant penis and watched them little gits throw it about! :D

Make sure you get your deposit back :mad:

Well they can keep it as long as i dont have to pay any more then a tenner.

Its one of those trade in your copy of fifa 14 on ps3 for the ps4 version.

I had a 5 euro deposit on it already and had everything ready to give them last night and again today Launch day!! I mean its not as if i was even late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,483 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

i cant seem to get my ps plus free trial started. when i click on it nothing happens

• Registered Users Posts: 29,852 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

PTH2009 wrote: »
    i cant seem to get my ps plus free trial started. when i click on it nothing happens

Did you ever subscribe to ps+ before or ever use a ps+trial? If you have, this trial wont work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

jenjenten wrote: »
    down for me for several hours....i imagine sony have disabled this as well but havent posted info about it.

Working for me now. Listening to some chilled out tunes through the controller and playing Fifa, can't beat it :D

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Did you ever subscribe to ps+ before or ever use a ps+trial? If you have, this trial wont work

true....as a work around you could create a new profile and get the trial that way ;)

nocoverart wrote: »
    Working for me now. Listening to some chilled out tunes through the controller and playing Fifa, can't beat it :D

Lady Gaga over Resogun......:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Does it bother anyone else there are tons of these on sale on ADverts for between €699-800

Look I'm all for making a fast buck, but it's pretty scumbag tactics to buy a console knowing full well you want to flip it for Xmas, knowing youll make a whack on it.

I think it's the lies that annoy me, I'd nearly be more open to someone saying " Bought to sell" rather then the ****bag stories that are written on the adverts, child changed his mind or broke up with boyfriend and **** ....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

code redeems still disabled... :\

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm on Spotify, but I'd consider a Music Unlimited subscription again. Hmmm.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Does it bother anyone else there are tons of these on sale on ADverts for between €699-800

I saw a thread on it on Boards. Most people didn't have a problem with it. I wouldn't be one of those people. One guy said it was no different to a shop selling it, as they bought it for cheaper somewhere else. I don't look at it like that, but sure...

Look I'm all for making a fast buck, but it's pretty scumbag tactics to buy a console knowing full well you want to flip it for Xmas, knowing youll make a whack on it.

I think it's the lies that annoy me, I'd nearly be more open to someone saying " Bought to sell" rather then the ****bag stories that are written on the adverts, child changed his mind or broke up with boyfriend and **** ....

I think its disgraceful carryon!....what gets me is these guys are not gamers or PS fans. They preordered only to scalp and make a huge profit.

In turn they have denied a genuine fan from getting a console :mad:

The prices are :eek: a 400 euro console selling for 700, killzone bundle or mega bundles 800+

Tis terrible also for parents desperate to see their child get the xmas present they want, these leeches are praying on vunerable parents and making disgusting levels of extortionist profit.

• Advertisement

I feel bad enough as a grown man buying one for myself, and probably denying some kid.

That's...that's a lie.

Spent the afternoon playing Trine 2 with the missus. 13 euro for that vs 60 for Knack, just to have a local co-op, I'm happy with my choice.

I forgot just how amazing Trine is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Unearthly wrote: »
    However just FYI you will only be able to get US ps plus game offers and if the ps3 and vita are anything to go by then Europe usually has a superior selection

The selection is ultimately the same in terms of a year by year, it's just that they get different ones at different times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'm on Spotify, but I'd consider a Music Unlimited subscription again. Hmmm.

wait til the chrimbo sales

got one last year for 9.99

COYVB wrote: »
    wait til the chrimbo sales

got one last year for 9.99

For the year? Shiii... I think I remember that. Skipped it cause I preferred Spotify on the phone, but I think it would be well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,852 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Resogun is absolutely brilliant. Bad choice if game to play befire bed though, my brain is in hyper drive. Contrast is a very clever game, I like it. Killzone, pretty to look at but very very generic fps. All in all, a successful PS4 launch!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

kilzone mega bundle on adverts for 900!!! nearly the price of two mega bundles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

For all its graphical greatness, I traded in Killzone today in Gamestop and picked up AC for €20, I still can not gwt back into shooters, I tired but the game just bored me. NBA 2k14 is awesome though, it has the best visuals of any next gen game and with its depth and everything they have packed into it, it is the only game I have played so far that truly feels next gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

Xenji wrote: »
    For all its graphical greatness, I traded in Killzone today in Gamestop and picked up AC for €20, I still can not gwt back into shooters, I tired but the game just bored me. NBA 2k14 is awesome though, it has the best visuals of any next gen game and with its depth and everything they have packed into it, it is the only game I have played so far that truly feels next gen.

I have to get rid of NBA2K I haven't a clue what I'm doing and it's wrecking my head I've tried to get the hang of it by using ye tutorials but can't get into it which is a shame because it's a great looking game. I may get FIFA instead at least I know how to play that 1 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I had bought escape plan and flower before and both work on ps4 I could download them again for free and play tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

I like the way the LED glows orange on standby when its downloading stuff. Bit like the Wii U.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement