Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

While the game letting you download what it needs to get you playing quickly is great, I rather have an option to download fully first. The fact that you're unable to download 1 game/DLC at a time is annoying.

Found a lvl 5 DC online character that I'd had at some point still on my account, he's a hero on the PvP server Eups

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah, how do you download multiple things in a queue style instead of one big long download?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Grayditch wrote: »
    For the year? Shiii... I think I remember that. Skipped it cause I preferred Spotify on the phone, but I think it would be well worth it.

yup! full year

i use it in the car on my phone

really liking Xbox Music though I have to say

They're all missing one thing though...

beatles_small.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm loving killzone personally. Have yet to try knack in fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

What is the trade in value of Killzone?

Seems to be resting at 40/50 credit in gamestop.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Seems to be resting at 40/50 credit in gamestop.

Cheers 50 would be nice

But its killzone :pac:

cloud493 wrote: »
    But its killzone :pac:

Will be borrowing it from a mate to play so might as well put it toward nba2k14

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,852 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Xenji wrote: »
    For all its graphical greatness, I traded in Killzone today in Gamestop and picked up AC for €20, I still can not gwt back into shooters, I tired but the game just bored me.

And how are you finding black flag? Worth the trade?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Can you trade in the bundled Killzone?
    I though it couldn't be sold seperately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Ok so 2 things that are pissing me off :mad:

1. The UP button on my D-Pad is very hard to press. :mad:

2. Why have Sony RANDOMLY taken 12 cent out of my bank account :mad::mad:

SONY ENT NETWORK 49.99 DR

SONY ENT NETWORK 0.12 DR

I hope so

srumball wrote: »
    I hope so
    Finding it hard to get into it myself. Thought Killzone 2 was an excellent game but wasn't too impressed with 3 or this.

If GameStop can't sell it on I don't see why they would take it as a trade in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

ION08 wrote: »
    Ok so 2 things that are pissing me off :mad:

1. The UP button on my D-Pad is very hard to press. :mad:

2. Why have Sony RANDOMLY taken 12 cent out of my bank account :mad::mad:

SONY ENT NETWORK 49.99 DR

SONY ENT NETWORK 0.12 DR

The €0.12 was probably just to confirm your card details were correct when you registered them. It should be refunded.

A couple of non game related things...

No YouTube or am I missing it somewhere?

The browser is a major improvement on the PS3 version. So quick and has proper search results. The only problem I'm having with it is I can't seem to get any videos to go full screen, am I missing a trick here or is it just not possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Did not expected Resogun to be THIS good.

Yeah, amazing for a game I was playing in the 80s.

Apart from BF4 and the basketball fane the rest are not next gen if you are doing honest

I'm on Spotify, but I'd consider a Music Unlimited subscription again. Hmmm.
    Can you not just use Spotify through the PS4 browser?
    I got as far as the login but I've already used my device limit so didn't want to risk trying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Varik wrote: »
    Every thing is so fast, bar my upload speed.

played BF4 and then made and signed into a new facebook account(real name but it's just going to be for games), not sure what facebook will show as I don't mind people I know (online friends included) but I'd rather not have randomers knowing it. The options say to show the profile pic and name but then there's also an option on friends to share it.

After being rather confused in BF4 due to the new controller, control scheme, and console I suck for a while so after getting a nice little kill streak I'm now uploading that to facebook. I don't think I'll ever use streaming but this I will.

Bit of work still needed on PS4 USB headsets, not sure how to increase chat volume and it all seems to be coming from the game audio. I do have the option of hooking the DS4 into the headset in 2 ways but will leave it for now.

Varik, battlefielder here too. Can you PM me if you sort out the headphones problem? I gave to use the TV as the volume is too low as it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Had my ps4 in standby last night charging the controller, when I got up today the light was white and the console was on just waiting to log into my profile :/ there was no new download in the notification section.....

• Registered Users Posts: 29,852 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya theres no barcode at the back, instead has a label 'not for resale'. Didnt think shops would take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

So now many of ye have the console can anyone confirm if games bought in the States/Canada can use DLC on our Irish PS4's?

MuddyDog wrote: »
    So now many of ye have the console can anyone confirm if games bought in the States/Canada can use DLC on our Irish PS4's?

Don't think there is any DLC out yet to test this

mozattack wrote: »

Apart from BF4 and the basketball fane the rest are not next gen if you are doing honest

Some people got a free games that works. Some got a broken one for 60 quid. Whatever you're into, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,298 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

NEVERMIND

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Typically I have to head away today when I have the ps4 sitting at home in its box. Does the initial set up take long? Hopefully will get a game of battlefield tonight and take a look at killzone and if not it will be Monday :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Oat23 wrote: »
    Guide how to play War Thunder right now!

'Stralia!

Setting up an Australian PSN now..will report back.

edit: 7GB..UPC is going to hate me this month :(

But it's on the Irish PSN.
    Why set up an Aussie one? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

mozattack wrote: »

Your logic makes no sense. A new IP which looks excellent and plays great is not next gen... but then 2 titles that come out practically every year is next gen.

Not only that but BF is an absolute mess. Managed to play about 6 online games and in 2 of those I was kicked from the entire game back to the console UI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Just a little heads up, if you trade a PS3 controller into any of the CEX's you will get €26 cash, meaning if you want to get a PS4 controller it will only cost you €36 in most retailers. Good saving. Just done it this morning.

GameStop were only giving €22 for the controller.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement