Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Niska

Bit annoyed about Warthunder - you need to set up a new PS4 account - you can't use an existing PC one.
    Didn't play too much on PC (and paid no monies) - but still a bit annoyed:

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/80856-faq-war-thunder-version-for-playstation%C2%AE-4/
    Can I use my existing PC-account on PS4?
    Sony Computer Entertainment's current policy requires you to create a new account for the PS4, so you can’t use your existing one. We really hope that Sony Computer Entertainment some day will change this, but it this is up to them only. If that day will come, we’ll try to make some merging of the accounts, and while it will be technically impossible to merge 100% of your progress on both platforms, we’ll try to do our best. But, again, even that possibility depends on Sony Computer Entertainment.

On the bright side - you can use your PS4 account to play on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,298 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

F1ngers wrote: »
    But it's on the Irish PSN.
    Why set up an Aussie one? :confused:

It is? Since when? :(

I read it was delayed!

I've got 4GB downloaded now so f*ck it..I'll stick with the Aussie one :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Oat23 wrote: »
    It is? Since when? :(

I read it was delayed!

I've got 4GB downloaded now so f*ck it..I'll stick with the Aussie one :p

I d/led it yesterday and played til the wee hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Is there any way to get rid of the OWL menu on KZ? When it's in attack mode, you just have the symbol stuck right in the middle of the screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,298 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

F1ngers wrote: »
    I d/led it yesterday and played til the wee hours.

Any good? Been waiting for ages to play it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Just a little heads up, if you trade a PS3 controller into any of the CEX's you will get €26 cash, meaning if you want to get a PS4 controller it will only cost you €36 in most retailers. Good saving. Just done it this morning.

GameStop were only giving €22 for the controller.

CEX's?

Oat23 wrote: »
    Any good? Been waiting for ages to play it!

I enjoyed it.

Took a while to figure out how to upgrade my plane - now have bombs.
    Spent a fortune on my "crew" but see no advantage to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

mozattack wrote: »
    BF4 fan? See ya on the field. It is the only next gen game for ps4, rest are current gen

Really? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

I've a pretty non standard set up, was wondering if any boardsies could help me out? Got my Mega Bundle yesterday afternoon, but I only have a VGA input on my monitor, there's no TV in my flat and I'm not really in a position to be buying another screen after my PS4 yesterday. I've got a HDMI to VGA adapter, which works on a 360 without fault. When I hook up my PS4 using said cable, I get a blue light on the PS4, followed by a white light, but no display. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Warthunder is cool. I'm beyond ****e at it, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

CEX's?

Only one I know of is on Liffey street in Dublin 1 (Just off henry street, a big red second hand shop on the left if you come from henry st)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Not sure what the PS4 downloads in standby mode.

It downloaded all the games I chose in the background earlier but most of that was just the base game, and I was truly able to see what was going on in each game.

DC said 4 hours remaining and then killzone hadn't the MP and only 1-2 levels, but this morning both had without any way to view it from the home screen only in game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Groinshot wrote: »
    Only one I know of is on Liffey street in Dublin 1 (Just off henry street, a big red second hand shop on the left if you come from henry st)

Theres one in the square in tallaght

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mileslow

Redeem voucher is still not open to users

As in the 14 day free trial?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

ION08 wrote: »
    Ok so 2 things that are pissing me off :mad:

1. The UP button on my D-Pad is very hard to press. :mad:

2. Why have Sony RANDOMLY taken 12 cent out of my bank account :mad::mad:

SONY ENT NETWORK 49.99 DR

SONY ENT NETWORK 0.12 DR

Just got my DS4 exchanged for a new one :) no quibbles.

Great customer service from Smyths in Blanch!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Groinshot wrote: »
    I've a pretty non standard set up, was wondering if any boardsies could help me out? Got my Mega Bundle yesterday afternoon, but I only have a VGA input on my monitor, there's no TV in my flat and I'm not really in a position to be buying another screen after my PS4 yesterday. I've got a HDMI to VGA adapter, which works on a 360 without fault. When I hook up my PS4 using said cable, I get a blue light on the PS4, followed by a white light, but no display. Any ideas?

That's because the hdmi handshake was unsuccessful because of hdcp .
    Try and Google some hdcp work arounds.

I'm so glad the the new Killzone has dropped any hacking minigames. Just point at the computer and send the Owl to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Niska

CEX's?

Cash Exchange:

https://ie.webuy.com/stores/

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

sheehy83 wrote: »
    And how are you finding black flag? Worth the trade?

I played black flag all day yesterday it's very good, way better than AC3. If you like ac2 & brotherhood you'll like this. Even the present day parts are better imo.

• Advertisement

Resogun
    Killzone
    FIFA
    Assassin's Creed
    Warframe
    Warthunder
    Contrast
    Trine 2
    Flower

I'm not stuck for something to play at the launch, anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

srumball wrote: »
    What is the trade in value of Killzone?

Not sure, I did the trade in one PS4 game and get another for €20
    sheehy83 wrote: »
    And how are you finding black flag? Worth the trade?

Yeah it was worth it, never been a massive fan of the series but thought I would give it another try, I am enjoying it so far.
    Can you trade in the bundled Killzone?
    I though it couldn't be sold seperately.

I thought the same, but tried my luck yesterday, the fella in the store said I was the 5th person to trade it in already, you might only be able to do it the €20 deal though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

This is really cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Grayditch wrote: »
    Some people got a free games that works. Some got a broken one for 60 quid. Whatever you're into, I guess.

Broken cos ambitious and the problems will be fixed. Stick with Tetris so please

tok9 wrote: »
    Your logic makes no sense. A new IP which looks excellent and plays great is not next gen... but then 2 titles that come out practically every year is next gen.

Not only that but BF is an absolute mess. Managed to play about 6 online games and in 2 of those I was kicked from the entire game back to the console UI.

64 players.

Amazing graphics.

Next gen.

Knack, Contrast, Resogen.

Old Gen, or no gen!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Broken cos ambitious and the problems will be fixed. Stick with Tetris so please

Ah next gen, so next gen it's not even ready yet :p some people are born to play, some just like getting played :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Is English your first language?

RasTa wrote: »
    Is English your first language?

No Irish is

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Nah, BF4 is broken because it was rushed by EA to hit as close to the next gen consoles and CoD Ghosts release even though it's not really in competition with anymore as they are too different from each other now.

Nothing to do with being ambitious as the PC version is in bits and it's basically just a graphics update to BF3 and ported to the next gen consoles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Using one of the greatest games of all time, that is still as fun to play now as it was when it was first created, as some sort derogatory snipe, kind of undermines your whole argument. In twenty years people will still be playing Tetris and enjoying it and as much as I love Battlefield, in ten years BF4 will feel dated and cumbersome as technology advances.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement