Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Nah, BF4 is broken because it was rushed by EA to hit as close to the next gen consoles and CoD Ghosts release even though it's not really in competition with anymore as they are too different from each other now.

Nothing to do with being ambitious as the PC version is in bits and it's basically just a graphics update to BF3 and ported to the next gen consoles.

Its not too bad on PC now, a lot better than it was. I'm getting barely any crashes. Even on shanghai when the tower comes down. But I agree release half finished games is a joke. But it will continue as long as everyone still buys the games on release. We only have ourselves to blame really.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

If anyone is finding it hard to understand why people play stuff that isn't Battlefield, the pick up any other game and pretend you are Chad McMurca, an elite soldier with a troubled past.

Imagine any of the collectables are Freedom Points and that anything that moves is an Arab or Eastern European terrorist cell and shoot, shoot, shoot until all the freedom happens and the USA is safe again.

You'll soon ween yourself off playing the same game over and over and save yourself the hassle of being frustrated about what other people play.

Win, win. Freedom. Murca.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

mozattack wrote: »
    64 players.

Amazing graphics.

Next gen.

Knack, Contrast, Resogen.

Old Gen, or no gen!
    Broken cos ambitious and the problems will be fixed. Stick with Tetris so please
    BF4 fan? It is the only next gen game for ps4, rest are current gen
    Yeah, amazing for a game I was playing in the 80s.

Apart from BF4 and the basketball fane the rest are not next gen if you are doing honest

I see you've mastered Battlefields amazing new move:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSisCNpXrlL70jLKsI1LGJvzJjU92TOVEujdksYpYIpdxg9_x-P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Nah, BF4 is broken because it was rushed by EA to hit as close to the next gen consoles and CoD Ghosts release even though it's not really in competition with anymore as they are too different from each other now.

Nothing to do with being ambitious as the PC version is in bits and it's basically just a graphics update to BF3 and ported to the next gen consoles.

Apart from the odd crash the PC version is simply amazing,certainly not "in bits"

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Rilgar

Hmm. I'm starting to get reallly suspicious about using my ps4. I have it for about a day and twice now it has shut down randomly, without rhyme or reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Rilgar wrote: »
    Hmm. I'm starting to get reallly suspicious about using my ps4. I have it for about a day and twice now it has shut down randomly, without rhyme or reason.

Could it be the power saving? Its only set at 20 mins so if its turned off while idle that could be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Rilgar wrote: »

Mine has done this today too, but as Brad Maddox Guy says below, I think it may have to do with power saving settings

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Any word on headsets working any better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

I think the pack in headset is just poor. The quality of the sound when you record your voice is great, but when you're using voice chat it's really badly muffled.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭dmcdante

Lads has anyone used the remote play with the vita yet do you need wi fi for it to work

• Advertisement

So you can't play games that another user purchased and downloaded on your PS4, with your own profile? Me and herself shared a lot of games :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Started my PS4 this morning. Had absolutely zero sound on the Home Screen or in any game. Restarted and it was fine. Pretty strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Rilgar

I had the powersaving settings set for it to go off after an hour, not while I'm playing the damn thing. Hmm. I'm going to turn off power saving althogether and see if that fixes the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

dmcdante wrote: »
    Lads has anyone used the remote play with the vita yet do you need wi fi for it to work

I tried it last night and fecking WOW. I fired it up and checked if I can play it in bedroom while PS4 is in Mancave. Worked fine.

I do have PS4 connected Directly though as it was advised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

i tried to use tablet as second screen for playroom and it didn't work, how do I draw something and throw it there ? :) (PS4 is connected to PS app on tablet)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Do you folks know if there's any issue using a foreign (european) vita over here? is there any kind of restriction like a region lock of games/console/accounts?

Thinking of picking one up as the rumoured ultimate bundle prices are not great at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Do you folks know if there's any issue using a foreign (european) vita over here? is there any kind of restriction like a region lock of games/console/accounts?

Thinking of picking one up as the rumoured ultimate bundle prices are not great at all

Whats the rumoured prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

I tried it last night and fecking WOW. I fired it up and checked if I can play it in bedroom while PS4 is in Mancave. Worked fine.

I do have PS4 connected Directly though as it was advised.

I think it's over wifi private network. I've been playing FIFA on it and is awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Niska

Digital Foundry have done a nice writeup of the PS 4 - VITA remote play:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-vita-remote-play
    As it stands, PS4's Vita Remote Play functionality is a really cool value-added extra, but while fun, it can't really be compared with the Wii U GamePad experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Niska wrote: »
    Digital Foundry have done a nice writeup of the PS 4 - VITA remote play:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-vita-remote-play

I have no experience with the Vita as of yet. But if the Vita doesn't nearly live up to my Wii U gamepad .. the Vita must be Shíte :P The range on the Wii U pad for one thing, is tiny! And its functionality with the games I've played is meh.

• Advertisement

Just played Killzone and War Thunder on the Vita with remote play. Weeeeird. But enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Me mate picked one up today in tescos uk it was pure luck
    hes in the uk and im over here and has the vita
    we were playing co op resogun I was on the ps4 he was on his vita chatting away no problem while his ps4 was upstairs

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is the redeem code still not working? Trying to activate my passport code

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

MuddyDog wrote: »
    So now many of ye have the console can anyone confirm if games bought in the States/Canada can use DLC on our Irish PS4's?

DLC is typically region locked. So you'll need to buy from the US/Canadian store for your US/Canadian game. Ran into this issue with FIFA's online pass a few years back, just wouldn't work on my Irish account. Signed in with my Canadian one and it worked just fine

Is the redeem code still not working? Trying to activate my passport code

Still deactivated on Sony's end. They hope to have it back today

v3ttel wrote: »
    Started my PS4 this morning. Had absolutely zero sound on the Home Screen or in any game. Restarted and it was fine. Pretty strange.

Wouldn't worry about that, it happens me occasionally on any HDMI connected device I've got, from the PS3 to Xbox 360 to Xbox One to Apple TV. Not sure if it's a TV thing or just a glitch that sometimes happens with HDMI though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

That's because the hdmi handshake was unsuccessful because of hdcp .
    Try and Google some hdcp work arounds.

Cheers, but it seems to work fine on my 360 with netflix (which uses HDCP as far as I'm aware).

I'll have a poke around.

EDIT:

Does anyone know where I'd pick up a HDCP stripper in dublin this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rioner

Picked this up yesterday. Just played a few games of Fifa and some Resogun but happy enough with it so far. What would you say are the must have games? BF4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Will it play .MKV files? And read external hard drives in the HTFS format anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

rioner wrote: »
    Picked this up yesterday. Just played a few games of Fifa and some Resogun but happy enough with it so far. What would you say are the must have games? BF4?

Resogun, without a doubt. I really enjoyed Knack personally (from the PS4 rooms), and killzone was fun. I haven't had a chance to play BF4 yet. NFS looks great!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement