Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

Pacifico wrote: »
    Will it play .MKV files? And read external hard drives in the HTFS format anyone know?

Nope. No use of external storage, and no media playback bar blu-ray. Should get it next patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

mozattack wrote: »
    Broken cos ambitious and the problems will be fixed. Stick with Tetris so please

In what way is Battlefield 4 more ambitious than Battlefield 3? A few new game modes...
    mozattack wrote: »
    64 players.

Amazing graphics.

Next gen.

Knack, Contrast, Resogen.

Old Gen, or no gen!

Battlefield has good graphics.. it's more what you can do with the environment that I find impressive. It's not even close to other "Next gen" games in terms of graphics.

Contrast ya.. as that is on current gen. Haven't played Knack.

Resogun - 1080p and 60fps and best of all you can actually play the game without being kicked back to the UI.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The Killzone single player campaign and it's graphics seem to improve the futher into it I get. I was a bit disheartened with it at first, but now it's headed in the right direction, for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

COYVB wrote: »
    DLC is typically region locked. So you'll need to buy from the US/Canadian store for your US/Canadian game. Ran into this issue with FIFA's online pass a few years back, just wouldn't work on my Irish account. Signed in with my Canadian one and it worked just fine

I have a US BF4, working with no issues, no online pass required anymore though, I'll just buy Irish premium and use it on it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Fieldog wrote: »
    I have a US BF4, working with no issues, no online pass required anymore though, I'll just buy Irish premium and use it on it....

It MAY not work. It probably will, but it might not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 rioner

Groinshot wrote: »
    Nope. No use of external storage, and no media playback bar blu-ray. Should get it next patch.

So we'll have a media server sometime soon you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Do you folks know if there's any issue using a foreign (european) vita over here? is there any kind of restriction like a region lock of games/console/accounts?

Thinking of picking one up as the rumoured ultimate bundle prices are not great at all

I'm using a Vita I bought off Amazon Germany. Works perfectly fine. Accounts are per memory card, so swapping between accounts is a bit awkward as you have to do a factory reset of the console to switch accounts.

Vitas are vitas. They'll work anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭SlickTalker

Anyone know how long that trade in a game and get another for 20 is going on for at gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

i still cant redeem my assassins creed codes on the US store :\ i get booted to the UI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

MarkY91 wrote: »
    i still cant redeem my assassins creed codes on the US store :\ i get booted to the UI

Yeah they've disabled the ability to redeem any vouchers because of the problems they're having at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Try redeeming the code on your PS3, then downloading any extras on your PS4.

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Yeah they've disabled the ability to redeem any vouchers because of the problems they're having at the moment.

i havent noticed any problems with PSN since after like 7pm yesterday so ifugred it was fine and wre enabled again. can anyone confirm that their codes are not working? you put them in and you get booted to the UI..

i havent noticed any problems with PSN since after like 7pm yesterday so ifugred it was fine and wre enabled again. can anyone confirm that their codes are not working? you put them in and you get booted to the UI..
    Sony has officially confirmed the ability to redeem codes has been turned off until further notice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Yep, I've tried to redeem the Uplay one a few times today just to see but it hasn't worked. The EU blog had an update this morning that they were still working on the issues and vouchers were disabled. There's been no update since though unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

In my opinion Killzone is ****! Not happy with it at all, PS4 however is absolutely astonishing, love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Finally got my Plus account activated :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,852 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Finally got my Plus account activated :D

Now go download the $hit out of Resogun!

well as long as i know its not just me who cant redeem then my mind is at ease :D

i have to agree with the guy above, killzone MP is horrible...long live call of duty :D

the campaign is worth playing imo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Redzer7 wrote: »
    In my opinion Killzone is ****! Not happy with it at all, PS4 however is absolutely astonishing, love it!

How long did ya play it for? I found it got a lot better after the first couple of chapters. It's still no Killzone 2.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

Grayditch wrote: »
    How long did ya play it for? I found it got a lot better after the first couple of chapters. It's still no Killzone 2.

Its very tough isnt it........................Id love to blow that oul up, little fecker

Grayditch wrote: »

On chapter 4 at the moment and can't seem to get into it, gonna trade it in in the morning and get NBA 2k14.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭matt360

Hey guys
    Will my phone headphones (with a Mic) work on multiplayer games?

i find it ridicilous that it doesnt say when a friend comes online. annoys me so much!

i know having 2000 friends, it would be annoying but an option to turn it on for certain friends would be handy. ill be shocked if its not added in a patch

i find it ridicilous that it doesnt say when a friend comes online. annoys me so much!

i know having 2000 friends, it would be annoying but an option to turn it on for certain friends would be handy. ill be shocked if its not added in a patch

Actually yeah, i miss that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,490 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Accessing the store is so incredibly fast. Going to be rough going back to the painfully slow PS3 equivalent when needed!

Selling my PS3 tomorrow :-( gonna miss it, hopefully have some great times with my PS4 :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,490 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Selling my PS3 tomorrow :-( gonna miss it, hopefully have some great times with my PS4 :D

If it's at all possible, keep it. Seriously. There's still lots of good stuff to come - not least already announced stuff like Dark Souls 2 or Persona 5.

If you can't afford to keep it, I'd almost definitely recommend holding on to it for a while rather than buy a PS4 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I can't play any plus games because it says im not connected to the internet even though I am :(
    Even the test says I'm connecting.
    It says it can't verify the license. It shouldn't have to check the license every time to play surely :(

• Advertisement

If it's at all possible, keep it. Seriously. There's still lots of good stuff to come - not least already announced stuff like Dark Souls 2 or Persona 5.

If you can't afford to keep it, I'd almost definitely recommend holding on to it for a while rather than buy a PS4 now.

I've the PS4 already just selling it to fund a few games on the PS4 (NBA 2K14, NFS, and a new DS4 controller) it'll be missed but roll on the next gen games :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement