Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rioner

Redzer7 wrote: »
    I've the PS4 already just selling it to fund a few games on the PS4 (NBA 2K14, NFS, and a new DS4 controller) it'll be missed but roll on the next gen games :-)

I'll be keeping mine to use as another media player (avi's, mp4's, etc), hard drive, and can use in another room for Netflix etc. Not worth selling IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

rioner wrote: »
    I'll be keeping mine to use as another media player (avi's, mp4's, etc), hard drive, and can use in another room for Netflix etc. Not worth selling IMO.

Have an external hardrive which plugs into the TV for all that jazz, I've at least 3 different ways for Netflix haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,852 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Keeping my ps3 solely for the walking dead season 2, actually would be handy if you could play it on ps4 as well. Interested in gta v dlc also.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I can't play any plus games because it says im not connected to the internet even though I am :(
    Even the test says I'm connecting.
    It says it can't verify the license. It shouldn't have to check the license every time to play surely :(

You have to activate the system with the account which should have ask you when you signed in first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

I can't play any plus games because it says im not connected to the internet even though I am :(
    Even the test says I'm connecting.
    It says it can't verify the license. It shouldn't have to check the license every time to play surely :(

go to settings, psn, primary ps4. bobs ur uncle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Aw you guys are the best :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Aw you guys are the best :D:D

All for one and all that!!! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Just unpacked my console and updating software via USB...exciting stuff! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

MarkY91 wrote: »
    well as long as i know its not just me who cant redeem then my mind is at ease :D

I'm in the same boat, waiting to get Assassin's Creed. Do you know if you will be able to play the game on your main Irish account?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I'm sure Sony will be supporting the PS3 with PS+ goodies for some time to come. For that reason alone It would be mad to get rid of the PS3 just yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭ccull123

Anyone know what trade in value gamestop is giving for killzone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

ccull123 wrote: »
    Anyone know what trade in value gamestop is giving for killzone?

Should be about €36 store credit

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Benzino wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat, waiting to get Assassin's Creed. Do you know if you will be able to play the game on your main Irish account?

yeah you can play the game on your irish account. the US account is used only to download the codes. other than that, you have no other reason to go onto the US account. unless you want to avail of their cheaper game prices :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

MarkY91 wrote: »
    yeah you can play the game on your irish account. the US account is used only to download the codes. other than that, you have no other reason to go onto the US account. unless you want to avail of their cheaper game prices :)

Really wondering about this now with BF4 premium, would love to confirm will premium off the Irish PSN work with my US copy of the game, tweeted Dice and EA, no answer of course....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

For a game I don't understand or know how to play, I am enjoying War Thunder.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Grayditch wrote: »
    For a game I don't understand or know how to play, I am enjoying War Thunder.

I'm getting the hang of it but that's only in flying I don't know what happening in the menus or research.

Which country did you start out as, I've all bar Japan unlocked and started as Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Resogun co-op is far too much fun... it's so addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Varik wrote: »
    I'm getting the hang of it but that's only in flying I don't know what happening in the menus or research.

Which country did you start out as, I've all bar Japan unlocked and started as Germany.

I started with the Soviets. I understand that you get two planes, and you have to shoot the ground forces or planes in the battles.

That's about it. I'll read up about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Anyone tried Warframe yet ??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ya I played 2 missions. It seems pretty decent. Would be good to play with a few friends.

That said, Warthunder looks like the pick of the bunch. There are a few menus to get past but once you do it's a lot of fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I have Warthunder on Download , So far of the downloadable games Resogun is awesome and more so because anytime i saw video's of it I thought wow a brand new console and they've made Super R Type :/ but i've been blown away at how much fun it is

Contrast: Meh don't like it at all, Probaly won't play it again (would have rathered Drive Club :( )

Warframe of the one level i played it seemed a great laugh especially as you said with other people

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Played a couple of solo missions of Warframe. My brain completely shuts down when there is hacking involved in games (even the most basic ones) so that was that with me and Warframe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Finally set up. What a machine. Battlefield is a different beast on ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Got 200h under my belt on pc. :) it's a fantastic game, but I will wait when I can merge all my stuff from pc to ps4. I don't fancy getting all that equipment from the scratch again. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

CptMackey wrote: »
    Finally set up. What a machine. Battlefield is a different beast on ps4
    Yeah, it's a joy to play the game at 60FPS with the graphics not being too compromised. BF3 on my own PC just doesn't compare.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Gibreel

Anyone else having loads of trouble with connection speeds to PSN?
    ~Getting a connection speed of just 38kbps with a 50meg eircom connection. Was able to downloads the update in about a min this morning but since then...terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

Step by step guide to get your Turtle Beach working on PS4, you will need to carefully split your cable for it to reach your controller comfortably....

PX21, P11, PLa, Kilo, Foxtrot, PX22, Spectre, Shadow, Marvel
    1. Connect the Headset to a USB port on the PS4.
    2. Connect the Headset to a Headphone jack (your controller).
    1. Go to Settings > Sound and Screen > Audio Output Settings > Primary Output Port
    2. Select “HDMI Out”
    3. Go to Settings > Sound and Screen > Audio Output Settings > Output to Headphones.
    4. Select “Chat Audio”.
    5. Go to Settings > Sound and Screen > Audio Output Settings > Audio Format(Priority)
    6. Select “Linear PCM”
    If your chat volume is either too loud or too soft:
    • Go to Settings > Devices > Audio Devices > Headsets and Headphones > Volume Control (Headphones) and change the audio level to your liking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Step by step guide to get your Turtle Beach working on PS4, you will need to carefully split your cable for it to reach your controller comfortably....

1. Go to Settings > Sound and Screen > Audio Output Settings > Primary Output Port
    2. Select “HDMI Out”
    3. Go to Settings > Sound and Screen > Audio Output Settings > Output to Headphones.
    4. Select “Chat Audio”.
    5. Go to Settings > Sound and Screen > Audio Output Settings > Audio Format(Priority)
    6. Select “Linear PCM”
    • Go to Settings > Devices > Audio Devices > Headsets and Headphones > Volume Control (Headphones) and change the audio level to your liking.

Im not sure if Beeches are the same as the ones I have but its got White and Yellow RCA splitters and a usb. How would I go about connecting that, if at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I read one can use the DS4 controller on the PS3.

Have a controller arriving before my console does so will get to get use to it, only got The Last of us a couple of weeks back so that should be good.

The PS3 controller also give me a pain in my left hand playing Fifa so hopefully the new controller is a relief in this area on the PS4.

http://www.gamesradar.com/how-do-you-use-ps4-controller-ps3/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

2. Select “HDMI Out”
    4. Select “Chat Audio”.
    6. Select “Linear PCM”

I have turtle beaches I'm just wondering if that set up makes it the same as if I was pluging them into the tv with the earphone jack? As in every bit of audio game and chat comes through them as normal
    I bought a new tv yesterday and only seen after on a review the thing has no earphone jack

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement