Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Robyn Banks

This has probably already been discussed but is anybody elses players met feature not working on their PS4 ?

Maybe a small thing but it's a useful one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rioner

Not working for me either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Yeah not working for me either. I suspect Sony might have disabled it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

e_e wrote: »
    Yeah, it's a joy to play the game at 60FPS with the graphics not being too compromised. BF3 on my own PC just doesn't compare.

Jaysus you must have a weak PC mate.

Its not a sustained 60 fps, it frequently drops to as low as 40 fps according to Digital Foundry

The PS4 version clearly struggled though, and likewise, for fully saturated 64-player Conquest Large games what we get here is a frame-rate that falls far below 60fps. Flood Zone gives us the biggest drop, going down to 30fps while swimming through a submerged ground floor of a building, but the overall experience across a breadth of levels is predominantly between 40-50fps on both Xbox One and PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Getting some sound issues with teh PS4, when using the optical out it occasionally messes up. I usually have to remove the HDMI and put it back for the optical audio to work again.

Might be BF4's fault as it only happens in that.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    Getting some sound issues with teh PS4, when using the optical out it occasionally messes up. I usually have to remove the HDMI and put it back for the optical audio to work again.

Might be BF4's fault as it only happens in that.

If your losing some sounds on only some maps its probably a known ongoing bug.
    Patch expected this week for the PC, i think the consoles suffer the same bug so it could be your issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Anyone here have Need For Speed Rivals ?

If you do whats your PSN name so i can add you ? Trying to get a few multiplayer games going :D

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

Dcully wrote: »
    If your losing some sounds on only some maps its probably a known ongoing bug.
    Patch expected this week for the PC, i think the consoles suffer the same bug so it could be your issue.

Yeah the sound cut out on bf4 is an issue with the game don't worry. Happens to me on PC all the time so its gonna be the same for console until they fix the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

tok9 wrote: »
    In what way is Battlefield 4 more ambitious than Battlefield 3? A few new game modes...

Battlefield has good graphics.. it's more what you can do with the environment that I find impressive. It's not even close to other "Next gen" games in terms of graphics.

Contrast ya.. as that is on current gen. Haven't played Knack.

Resogun - 1080p and 60fps and best of all you can actually play the game without being kicked back to the UI.

LOL at this post. Comedian here. BF4 graphics not as good as other next gen titles. Ha ha. Cracking me up

CptMackey wrote: »
    Finally set up. What a machine. Battlefield is a different beast on ps4

Exactly, the only true next gen game.

Let the fanboys love the Android app Resogen and the one dimensional Kill zone while they proclaim BF4 to be broken. Crazy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

You are the fanboy...durrrr

Dcully wrote: »
    Jaysus you must have a weak PC mate.

Its not a sustained 60 fps, it frequently drops to as low as 40 fps according to Digital Foundry

The PS4 version clearly struggled though, and likewise, for fully saturated 64-player Conquest Large games what we get here is a frame-rate that falls far below 60fps. Flood Zone gives us the biggest drop, going down to 30fps while swimming through a submerged ground floor of a building, but the overall experience across a breadth of levels is predominantly between 40-50fps on both Xbox One and PS4.

cos you need more than 60 frames per second of course!!!

PS4 version is amazing, I've had about 3 crashes (conquest large, obliteration and rush is what I play) and maybe some stuttering for a few seconds every 30 mins. The rest of PS4 is crap so I am not a fanboy, with BF4 I wouldn't even consider buying it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Bah, I wish they would hurry up and allow us to redeem codes again!

FYI, Lego Marvel Super Heroes Digital Code on Amazon for €30, you will need a US account though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Gamestop are now offering €24 store credit for Killzone. Xtravision €40 store credit.
    According to staff , Loads of copies have been traded in already andt they reckon the Xtravision price will drop in the next week.

mozattack wrote: »
    cos you need more than 60 frames per second of course!!!

PS4 version is amazing, I've had about 3 crashes (conquest large, obliteration and rush is what I play) and maybe some stuttering for a few seconds every 30 mins. The rest of PS4 is crap so I am not a fanboy, with BF4 I wouldn't even consider buying it

I was replying to someone who said it was 60 fps.

But since you started the ball rolling some people do prefer more than 60 fps , trust me the difference between 60 and 100 fps is huge and the difference between 40 and 50 that the ps4 and xb once are rendering compared to 100 is mind blowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The rest of PS4 is crap so I am not a fanboy

Not a PS4 fanboy, that is true. But Battlefield.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Benzino wrote: »
    Bah, I wish they would hurry up and allow us to redeem codes again!

FYI, Lego Marvel Super Heroes Digital Code on Amazon for €30, you will need a US account though.

I'd totally go for that, it's probably been mentioned before, but can I buy it with a US account and play it with my regular Irish account?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

LOL at this post. Comedian here. BF4 graphics not as good as other next gen titles. Ha ha. Cracking me up
    PS4 version is amazing, I've had about 3 crashes (conquest large, obliteration and rush is what I play) and maybe some stuttering for a few seconds every 30 mins.

To be honest, the most heartbreaking thing from my point of view isn't that you are constantly insulting good games but that you are so accepting of a game that has clearly been rushed to market and is ridiculously buggy.

I really enjoy Battlefield too but it's a mess at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

will xtravision offer me the 40 store credit even if my factory seal is gone? if so then ill go and get NFS today..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

MarkY91 wrote: »
    will xtravision offer me the 40 store credit even if my factory seal is gone? if so then ill go and get NFS today..

I'm going to my local Xtravision in the next 30 mins wity my Kilzone that I got in the bundle from Powercity which is open so I'll let you know how I get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

MarkY91 wrote: »

Yes they will. I just got €40 store credit for my bundle copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Redzer7 wrote: »
    I'm going to my local Xtravision in the next 30 mins wity my Kilzone that I got in the bundle from Powercity which is open so I'll let you know how I get on.
    Yes they will. I just got €40 store credit for my bundle copy.

excellent. ill be enjoying NFS after the liverpool game then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

If you do whats your PSN name so i can add you ? Trying to get a few multiplayer games going :D

I have it. My PSN ID is The40Watt.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

I've got it, psn beercr8

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Let the fanboys love the Android app Resogen and the one dimensional Kill zone while they proclaim BF4 to be broken. Crazy

In all honesty you're the only fanboy here and that's with your view of BF4. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'd totally go for that, it's probably been mentioned before, but can I buy it with a US account and play it with my regular Irish account?

Yep :) Have bought, and played it as you've described. After you've input the code into your US account, you'll find it in "My Library" ready to download.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Gamestop are now offering €24 store credit for Killzone. Xtravision €40 store credit.
    According to staff , Loads of copies have been traded in already andt they reckon the Xtravision price will drop in the next week.

You are better off trading it in and getting another game for €20 in Gamestop, it is a pretty good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

The rest of PS4 is crap so I am not a fanboy, with BF4 I wouldn't even consider buying it

I'll most likely get reprimanded for this, but please just fcuk off to the Battlefield forum and let us continue to enjoy our PS4's and other excellent games. You're ruining this thread with your crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Pot. Kettle. Black.

• Advertisement

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I'll most likely get reprimanded for this, but please just fcuk off to the Battlefield forum and let us continue to enjoy our PS4's and other excellent games. You're ruining this thread with your crap.

Noooo! keep him here please
    He was as bad over there for months but well said.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement