Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The thing with the speaker is that it will most likely be only PS4 exclusives that will mainly use it if at all. Sort of like the touch pad but AC4 uses that for the map aswell as the sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    It's used for the audiologs on KZ aswell.

Seems like a completely missed opportunity in NFS and COD.

Boggles the mind as to why it wasn't implemented, hearing police radio in NFS through the speaker wouldve been Epic and so much more immersive. Same with COD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

It's a bit annoying in KZ because it's so loud and I haven't figured out how to stop it when I pick up a long one

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    It's a bit annoying in KZ because it's so loud and I haven't figured out how to stop it when I pick up a long one

You can turn down the volume on the DS4 speaker in the PS4 settings - devices - DS4 speaker volume. It's set at almost the highest setting by default, I have mid set about 70-75%.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

You can turn down the volume on the DS4 speaker in the PS4 settings - devices - DS4 speaker volume. It's set at almost the highest setting by default, I have mid set about 70-75%.

I was just about to post this message word for word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I'll most likely get reprimanded for this, but please just fcuk off to the Battlefield forum and let us continue to enjoy our PS4's and other excellent games. You're ruining this thread with your crap.

And here I was wanting to unload on him.

All hail aaronh and his willingness to risk a ban in order to say what we are all thinking.

You are a true hero to us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,298 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Noticed the L3 on my controller was losing rubber after only 11 days, so I contacted amazon.com CS. Five minutes later they credited my account with $60. Love dealing with them.

If anyone else has the same problem just contact Amazon UK and they'll probably sort you out too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

So lads, what shooter would ye recommend?

Killzone, Battlefield 4, or Call of Duty?

I know BF4 has issues currently but it appears to be the best from looking on Metacritic.

Even though I know this now I still haven't rescued either of these humans.

I remember when I started playing and for no reason they both died. Then on day I got all them and didnt know why. Took me a couple of days to figure it out. trying to get the complete all levels using each individual ship and is enjoyable. I had a few goes of trying to get to the end in one playthrough to get that trophy and I made it to the 3rd level 3rd phase.

I know BF4 has issues currently but it appears to be the best from looking on Metacritic.

I dont like recommending many games but it depends on what you're looking for. I find killzone really enjoyable and I have all the COD's. I wont be getting the new one till I can see it <$40 and TBH I never really liked the BF series. So I'd recommend KZ.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

ION08 wrote: »
    Lads so whats the story with the speaker on the DS4? I have only heard it being utilised in Resogun and its a nice little touch i must admit, but i also have COD ghosts and NFS rivals and not a peep out of the DS4 speaker!?!?

I mean it would be perfect to hear the police radio chatter in NFS through the DS4 speaker or the corporal/generals comments when playing COD... Seems like a massive oversight or do i have to activate a setting somewhere!?! :confused:

It's up to the developer really I think, it's used in KZ too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

I only got into bf4 there lately and it plays great for me and I enjoy it but it crashes on me a bit in the last few games so it's annoying.

Not sure about kikkzone tho

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Whats the best 2 player game for ps4? And where is the cheapest to get a second controller please and thanks :)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jenb13

just got a killzone bundle from argos. when opened the box there was no game in it only a console and controller, anybody else have this problem? and any advice on what i should do?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

I went with battlefield because I heard bad things about killzone and am sick of Call of Duty, been playing it sinc COD4.

BF takes a while to get used to but I find it more rewarding, there is so much going on and it can be very cinematic. Not everyone's cup of tea though!

BF4 all the way for me. Really enjoying this one, never got into BF3. There is a test map for multiplayer where you can try out all of your weapons and practice sniping targets at different ranges that reset and how to zero your scope. You can learn how to fly choppers and fly the jets without anyone trying to kill you its great. Managed to set the chopper controls to my own liking and I can do anything in it now, circle strafing buildings like pro now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I'm playing Killzone until Battlefield is fixed. Killzone's multiplayer is pretty enjoyable I reckon; only a few missions into the single player and it's really slow to start with but is getting better. But I love Battlefield games so hoping the majority of crashes and bugs will be fixed by Christmas so I can get it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Been playing a good bit of Battlefield. Campaign seems good, better than I was expecting as I dont play many shooters.

Online is good too, had one crash on the first day but none since, and sound can drop on one of the maps at times, but nothing that would put me off recommending it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Just finished the SP in Killzone.
    I really thought the fake ending was pretty cool and then playing as Echo and tracking down and assassinating Sinclair was most enjoyable.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Just finished the SP in Killzone.
    I really thought the fake ending was pretty cool and then playing as Echo and tracking down and assassinating Sinclair was most enjoyable.

Me too
    I wasn't expecting it and went off to make a cup of tea and when I came back I was like WTF

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

The hell is going on with the BF4 campaign? It never saves for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Battleflag wrote: »
    I went with battlefield because I heard bad things about killzone and am sick of Call of Duty, been playing it sinc COD4.

BF takes a while to get used to but I find it more rewarding, there is so much going on and it can be very cinematic. Not everyone's cup of tea though!

BF games always make some epic unscripted moments in multiplayer. You might go for longer games and less Kills, but you will get a lot more "OH ****! ITS EPIC!" moments.

Just played with 6 buddies and all on Ventrilo. We had so many epic squad moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

BF games always make some epic unscripted moments in multiplayer. You might go for longer games and less Kills, but you will get a lot more "OH ****! ITS EPIC!"
    Definitely this, me and my flatmates were playing it yesterday not having a clue what was going on but watching buildings blow up and rubble fly everywhere in awe. So unpredictable, think we got the hang of it now bar any flying vehichles. One day!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Oat23 wrote: »
    Noticed the L3 on my controller was losing rubber after only 11 days, so I contacted amazon.com CS. Five minutes later they credited my account with $60. Love dealing with them.

If anyone else has the same problem just contact Amazon UK and they'll probably sort you out too.

Did you buy the controller separately or as part of a bundle?

My L1 button seems to be sticking a bit. Usually pops back up, but takes a second. I might contact them and see how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

v3ttel wrote: »

My L1 button seems to be sticking a bit. Usually pops back up, but takes a second. I might contact them and see how I get on.

I've noticed that today as well. Nothing earth shattering and it doesn't affect gaming but will keep an eye on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

jenb13 wrote: »
    just got a killzone bundle from argos. when opened the box there was no game in it only a console and controller, anybody else have this problem? and any advice on what i should do?

A friend had this issue with smyths the other day. They gave him a game without question and blamed Sony for screwing them over. Seemingly a common enough complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

1 annoying thing is the blu-light on the controller is reflecting off my screen which is off-putting in a dark room, no option to turn it off either. Might have to tape it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

v3ttel wrote: »

Seems to be a common problem, it has a easy fix though.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jvrk

Where is the best place to buy us sen credit and also will the downloaded games work on my Irish account?

• Advertisement

jvrk wrote: »
    Where is the best place to buy us sen credit and also will the downloaded games work on my Irish account?

You need to activate both accounts so that your PS4 is the primary for the console and they should work. As for where is the best place I'll leave that to those that know more than I.

W

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement