Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

The matte part on the top of my PS4 gets hot! you wouldn't leave your hands on it for more than a few seconds. It's a small form factor console so maybe this is normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Anyone here have Need For Speed Rivals ?

If you do whats your PSN name so i can add you ? Trying to get a few multiplayer games going :D

got it havent had much chance to play it yet though!
    the-phill

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

nocoverart wrote: »
    The matte part on the top of my PS4 gets hot! you wouldn't leave your hands on it for more than a few seconds. It's a small form factor console so maybe this is normal.

Mine does not get that hot at all. Played BF4 for 6 hours straight on Saturday and it was just warm to touch.
    Is yours adequately ventilated? It will shutdown if it gets too warm so you don't have much to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Mine does not get that hot at all. Played BF4 for 6 hours straight on Saturday and it was just warm to touch.
    Is yours adequately ventilated? It will shutdown if it gets too warm so you don't have much to worry about.

Same here, mine was on for about 12 hours on Friday, Sarurday and Aumday vive or take, and I wouldn't call it hot. Got about as warm as my laptop at its hottest

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

In Resogun is the boost useful for anything other than getting round faster? Can you tie it into your multiplier?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Curious if anyone has tried remote play with a vita yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Just wondering, you know after you download games off PS+. Resogun, contrast etc

Can they be played offline? I know the obvious solution would be to just turn off wifi and check but I can't try that till tomorrow.

Also, I have the 14 days free ps+ trial. What will happen those games after 14 days are up? I will be getting a years ps+ subscription but was thinking I should wait till the 14 days are up? If I subscribe now will the 14 days be overlapped? Or will it become 379 days ps+?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Deedsie wrote: »
    Just wondering, you know after you download games off PS+. Resogun, contrast etc

Can they be played offline? I know the obvious solution would be to just turn off wifi and check but I can't try that till tomorrow.

Also, I have the 14 days free ps+ trial. What will happen those games after 14 days are up? I will be getting a years ps+ subscription but was thinking I should wait till the 14 days are up? If I subscribe now will the 14 days be overlapped? Or will it become 379 days ps+?

It can be played offline no problem.

After your 14 days are up your games stay there but are locked out until you renew your membership then you're back to where you were before it locked out.

Memberships stack, so the 14 days would be added to your year membership, afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Xtra Vision offering 38 euro for working PS3's........

Curious if anyone has tried remote play with a vita yet?

I've tried it at home and it's great but really depends on the game you are playing. in BF4, it's very tough to spot enemies on the small screen but I managed to play a few hours of Contrast with no issues.
    Looking forward to trying Need for Speed on it when it arrives.

Has anyone got Remote play to work over the internet? My Vita cannot connect outside the home network.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

What apps are available on Oirish PS4 account?....i only have IGN and Netflix, but this fella is saying Vidzone is there?

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2013/1129/489869-first-look-ps4/

Xtra Vision offering 38 euro for working PS3's........

lol.....dem and feckin gamestop are ripping ppl off

Lads are being shot dead now for ps4's.........http://kotaku.com/man-shot-dead-over-ps4-sale-1474721790

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Guys im sure this has been answered before but I ain't trawling through this whole beast of a thread. Do you need this a PSN+ pass (which i presume is live XBOX Live Gold) to lay online on games for the PS4 and if so how much ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

jenjenten wrote: »
    lol.....dem and feckin gamestop are ripping ppl off

Supply Vs Demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

14murphy wrote: »
    Guys im sure this has been answered before but I ain't trawling through this whole beast of a thread. Do you need this a PSN+ pass (which i presume is live XBOX Live Gold) to lay online on games for the PS4 and if so how much ?

Yes but it's only for online games, and only for non-free to play games. Plus is not needed for netflix like on Live.

Depends where you are, is you account Irish or UK, as there's some good deals in the UK right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I've tried it at home and it's great but really depends on the game you are playing. in BF4, it's very tough to spot enemies on the small screen but I managed to play a few hours of Contrast with no issues.
    Looking forward to trying Need for Speed on it when it arrives.

Has anyone got Remote play to work over the internet? My Vita cannot connect outside the home network.

Yeah, played Killzone over the Wifi. Some text was impossible to read on the small screen. (Hell, am I the only one who is having trouble reading the text on tele? The mission data when you just do a waypoint request (The D-pad Up short button press). Especially in the second chapter. I had to keep moving around to actually see the waypoint markers themselves)

Haven't been able to try Vita connect over the internet. Remember that you have to activate the standby options: Downloading, internet access. They are not active by default.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

After playing my PS4 I am reminded of this is what I started off as a kid playing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

If people have not been able to use their vouchers, you should have another try and you might get lucky
    PS4 voucher redemption roll-out continues

PlayStation 4 owners will be pleased to learn Sony has confirmed it is increasing the availability of voucher redemption, which was disabled at the console’s launch to ease the burden on servers caused by an influx of new users.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/11/30/playstation-network-announcement/

The PS4 broke sales records in the UK with 250,000 consoles sold.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/440897/ps4-is-the-fastest-selling-console-in-uk-history/

Anyone know the sales figures for Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/440897/ps4-is-the-fastest-selling-console-in-uk-history/

Those numbers didn't come from Sony themselves and as we've no one who's likely to do the same we'll have to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Population of UK: 63.23 million

Population of Ireland: 4.589 million

Now this is over simplistic, but the UK and Irish market are very similar, so I'll use the population ratio (13.604271083:1) between the two countries and apply it to the No. of PS4s sold and we arrive at 18377.

Highly unscientific, but I'd bet good money on it that the real figure is somewhere around there. We'll never find out though.

Varik wrote: »
    Yes but it's only for online games, and only for non-free to play games. Plus is not needed for netflix like on Live.

Depends where you are, is you account Irish or UK, as there's some good deals in the UK right now.

I dont have an account. The missus has bought me one for Xmas. I presume it will be an irish account so your telling me I will need to buy to play online multiplayer games ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I dont have an account. The missus has bought me one for Xmas. I presume it will be an irish account so your telling me I will need to buy to play online multiplayer games ?

Yes, you need to purchase PS+ to play the majority of multiplayer games such as FIFA, CoD, Battlefield etc.

You don't have to make an Irish account, you can make a US account and take advantage of their deals. Not sure how this impacts the user tho.

DaLad wrote: »
    Yes, you need to purchase PS+ to play the majority of multiplayer games such as FIFA, CoD, Battlefield etc.

You don't have to make an Irish account, you can make a US account and take advantage of their deals. Not sure how this impacts the user tho.

Whats the price ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

DaLad wrote: »

The EU PS Plus is superior to the US one in my opinion anyway.

Whats the price ?

zHjMnaW.png

• Advertisement

NotorietyH wrote: »
    The EU PS Plus is superior to the US one in my opinion anyway.

In your opinion, how?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement