Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Xenji wrote: »
    Have you played any of the Ace Combat games, if so how does it compare,

It's more like IL-2 Sturmovik, not Ace Combat style at all. Your pilot can black out with sustained G force but you can improve G tolerance with training. You can unlock heavy bombers and recruit a crew for all the gunner positions and train them to make them better etc. Lots of micro management, in the future there will be tank and naval combat too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Bought assassins creed today, hope its good.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Bought assassins creed today, hope its good.

It is, playing that now after finishing Killzone and when I need a break from BF4. Far, far better than 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Finally fired up NFS Rivals. Planed just to see what is it all about, but ended up playing few hours lol.
    It is really good. I haven't enjoyed NFS game like that since original most wanted. ( I don't count Shift ones as NFS games. I am not saying they are bad by any means, I love them too)
    Having bunch of real people aroun. Is a lot of fun. Was really satisfying running away from 2 cop players and banking those 100k points! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Resogun is absurdly addictive.

Ya it is crazy addictive. Get killed and then just one more go and before I know it 1o'clock in the morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

How much was the charging dock ?
    How much was the controller ?
    Where did you get them ?

if you dont mind me asking.

£25
    £45
    Amazon.co.uk
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

It's more like IL-2 Sturmovik, not Ace Combat style at all. Your pilot can black out with sustained G force but you can improve G tolerance with training. You can unlock heavy bombers and recruit a crew for all the gunner positions and train them to make them better etc. Lots of micro management, in the future there will be tank and naval combat too.

Is this available to download from the PSN ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

14murphy wrote: »
    Is this available to download from the PSN ?

War Thunder is yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭happytramp

Flippin love Warthunder. By far my most played game. Way more satisfying than a lot of multiplayer's, any game where you shoot down an enemy plane feels like a massive success. Single player seems very unforgiving, although I'm probably still rubbish at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

War Thunder is yes.
    Cannot wait till I get the PS4 now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I didn't think I'd enjoy War Thunder as much as I do, after feeling a little disappointed at first.

Put some decals on the planes with the Vita via remote play, last night and flew a mission, and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Cwarim

My take on the launch titles I've played:

Resogun - 10/10; pure videogaming bliss. Closing in on the platinum now, have enjoyed every minute. The last boss on Veteran is a bitch if you use the Phobos ship (which you should as it's by far the best). That's where I'm stuck.

AC Black Flag - 9/10; amazing that this is made by the same company who made the pile of dog****e AC3. The visuals are so crisp, and sailing around the Caribbean is like a gory version of the wind waker. Love it.

Fifa 14 - 9/10; probably my favourite Fifa since Fifa 10, if only I didn't suck at it so much. You can score all types of goals now, and different matches can be cagey or open or whatever - it's real football.

Killzone - 5/10; mediocre as hell. The level design is shockingly bad, the shooting doesn't feel great, the acting and story are poor... It's just pretty to look at and nothing else. Was really surprised at how bad this was. Haven't played multi yet though.

Fifa and ACIV have been big surprises for me - I thought they'd be far worse than they are. Add Resogun in and this launch has been incredible for me. Couldn't be more delighted with the PS4 right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Killzone MP is great, though. Don't care too much for the story so far, but I haven't exactly played a huge amount of it either.

Bf is good but I kinda regret not getting AC4 in its place. It's by far the worst looking game out of the 3

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

One too many barrel rolls will do that :(:p

aaronh007 wrote: »
    One too many barrel rolls will do that :(:p

It happened me on my first strafing run. I was in a very steep dive and got target fixated, when I realised it was time to pull up I had to very quickly and put 7G on the plane, the pilot blacked out almost straight away while my plane started an uncontrolled spiraling climb. While waiting for my pilot to regain control someone rolled in behind me and shot me down. Great fun though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Bombing in War Thunder is so much fun. I should play a different game at some stage, maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I discovered the joys of having Irish and American accounts last night.

Backlight and my North American Black Flag codes and Uplay passport downloaded. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

PS4 has sold through 2.1 million units in November.

And I'm still waiting for mine :(

http://www.engadget.com/2013/12/03/sony-sold-2-1-million-ps4s/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,490 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

They changed the Blu-Ray pause button to circle! Egads! My motor responses are going to take a while to adjust to that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mileslow

War Thunder seems like good fun but I'm not sure if I knew what I was doing for the majority of it! When you crash a couple of times do you just have to wait around for x minutes for the next round to start?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

Anybody here in the second Gamestop batch of Ps4's ?

I've paid through Paypal on the 5th of October and still no monies taken from me, anyboby else in the same boat or know what way Gamestop process this way of ordering a Ps4 online through Paypal ?

and when is the 2nd batch due ?

Anybody here in the second Gamestop batch of Ps4's ?

I've paid through Paypal on the 5th of October and still no monies taken from me, anyboby else in the same boat or know what way Gamestop process this way of ordering a Ps4 online through Paypal ?

and when is the 2nd batch due ?

It is meant to be in next week, but it will not be enough to cover everyone on the lists, as far as I know they will take the money from your account a couple of days before it ships.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

THANKS, fingers crossed so

Tokyo, December 3, 2013 – Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) today announced that cumulative sell through for the PlayStation®4 (PS4™) computer entertainment system
    worldwide has surpassed 2.1 million units*1 as of December 1, 2013. The number includes the 700,000 units sold through in Europe and Australasia launching on November 29. The PS4 system became available on November 15 in the United States and Canada and on November 29 in Europe, Australasia and Latin America and is now available in 32 countries globally.

So that would be about 600k sold in the EU alone, would seem about right then if we just got 10000 consoles if the likes of the UK got over 250k, Belgium and the Netherlands also got just 10k. Those figures are up to date as of the 01/12/13

http://scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/131203b_e.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

So that would be about 600k sold in the EU alone, would seem about right then if we just got 10000 consoles if the likes of the UK got over 250k, Belgium and the Netherlands also got just 10k.

I'd put the Australia number closer to 50-60K, based off the PS3 launch figure of 27k and EB games saying that the PS4 launch number was more than double the PS3.

So maybe 640-650K for EU.

Ireland I'd say got more than 10K, we're a fairly large market for our population size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

So that would be about 600k sold in the EU alone, would seem about right then if we just got 10000 consoles if the likes of the UK got over 250k, Belgium and the Netherlands also got just 10k. Those figures are up to date as of the 01/12/13

http://scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/131203b_e.pdf

10K is a decent amount for irelands population UK got a lot because it was xbox dominated last gen and most of their retailers deal with other countries

I cant read the link atm but i assume Germany and France got about 100K each and the rest was doled out to the remaining countries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

You can only imagine what the sales would have been like had people been able to walk into stores and just picked up a console! I get the feeling we have all backed the winning horse the gen by a few furlongs!

NTMK wrote: »
    10K is a decent amount for irelands population UK got a lot because it was xbox dominated last gen and most of their retailers deal with other countries

I cant read the link atm but i assume Germany and France got about 100K each and the rest was doled out to the remaining countries

It does not say how many each country got, just going by reports, you would assume that Italy and Spain got another 100k between them, which leaves the other 13 EU countries getting about 5-10k each.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Grayditch wrote: »
    Bombing in War Thunder is so much fun. I should play a different game at some stage, maybe.

Unlocked the stuka, and been using that properly to do dive bombs but while it's great for bombing heavy targets and shooting light ground I'm almost help less against fighters.

Tying to unlock the messerschmitt now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Is anyone having trouble with the EA servers on Fifa? Keep getting logged out during pro clubs 10 mins into the match, which results in a 3-0 loss. Wreck the head

And for some reason whenever im in a party, i keep on leaving the party automatically and having to rejoin only for the same thing to happen a few mins later

Finding the controller a bit awkward as well since i changed over from Xbox. Not a fan of the rubber on the analogs, my thumb keps slipping.

Think BF4 is amazing. Would of loving a good RPG on launch tho!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement