Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Lads how do you activate the 14 days free trial?
    I am already a paid up PSN+ member but would like to add the 14 days if possible. I didn't receive any voucher or code in my bundle?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Lads how do you activate the 14 days free trial?
    I am already a paid up PSN+ member but would like to add the 14 days if possible. I didn't receive any voucher or code in my bundle?

It is only for new accounts, i dont think you can get it if you were a previous PSN user. If you have set up a new account recently, download the app (android or itunes) and got to store and membership options and click the 14 day trial, thats what i had to do when I set mine up for thr first time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Don't know if this has been posted anywhere, but a video from PlayStation Ireland with highlights from the launch. Any boardsies in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Don't know if this has been posted anywhere, but a video from PlayStation Ireland with highlights from the launch. Any boardsies in it?

What did the people who opened the lock with the key get?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

mileslow wrote: »
    War Thunder seems like good fun but I'm not sure if I knew what I was doing for the majority of it! When you crash a couple of times do you just have to wait around for x minutes for the next round to start?

No, you can leave the battle, and collect your XP, you've done your bit. I have 4 planes per battle, 2 bombers and 2 fighters. It keeps getting better if you stick with it. I did all the tutorials and it helped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

DaLad wrote: »
    What did the people who opened the lock with the key get?

Free PS4. (And possibly some games)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Free PS4. (And possibly some games)

Yeah I was thinking that's what they won maybe but wasn't certain. That would be purty nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mileslow

Grayditch wrote: »
    No, you can leave the battle, and collect your XP, you've done your bit. I have 4 planes per battle, 2 bombers and 2 fighters. It keeps getting better if you stick with it. I did all the tutorials and it helped.

How do you leave though? I seem to be stuck on that screen showing the leaderboard etc until I get the chance to 'return to hanger'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

€45 trade in for store credit in Smyths for KZ...fricken sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

mileslow wrote: »
    How do you leave though? I seem to be stuck on that screen showing the leaderboard etc until I get the chance to 'return to hanger'.

I think if you press Options, it shows up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mileslow

Sure I hit every button last night but will try again later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Is anyone having trouble with the EA servers on Fifa? Keep getting logged out during pro clubs 10 mins into the match, which results in a 3-0 loss. Wreck the head

And for some reason whenever im in a party, i keep on leaving the party automatically and having to rejoin only for the same thing to happen a few mins later

Finding the controller a bit awkward as well since i changed over from Xbox. Not a fan of the rubber on the analogs, my thumb keps slipping.

Think BF4 is amazing. Would of loving a good RPG on launch tho!

Same is happening to me with pro clubs and party chat!!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Same is happening to me with pro clubs and party chat!!

Brennan??? :pac:

Brennan??? :pac:

Yup Barry hahaha!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Yup Barry hahaha!

Thats some amount of comments you have there. have you nothing better to be doing? ;)

What's the servers like today? I think i might leave Fifa online for another week and see what its like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Anyone's PS4 left stick losing its rubber covering? My one has started to crack and split.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

MuddyDog wrote: »
    Anyone's PS4 left stick losing its rubber covering? My one has started to crack and split.

A few people have commented on having the same issue, same over at Neogaf as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Will sony replace it?

MuddyDog wrote: »
    Will sony replace it?

If you got it from Amazon they will send you out a new one, if not ask in the store you got it in or call the Sony support line.

Christ that "Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order" thread has nearly 120,000 views now :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Grayditch wrote: »
    Bombing in War Thunder is so much fun. I should play a different game at some stage, maybe.

Kamikaze is even more fun if you don't have a bomber(even if you do).

Kamikazi'ed a battle ship the other day. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭elWizard

€45 trade in for store credit in Smyths for KZ...fricken sweet.
    Do you know is that for the bundled 'not to be sold seperately' version as well?

CEX say they'll give 42 euro for it - again, dunno if it needs to have a barcode for them to accept it. I'd be keen to get rid of it quick enough; it looks good but ain't no way I'll be playing through to the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

elWizard wrote: »
    Do you know is that for the bundled 'not to be sold seperately' version as well?

CEX say they'll give 42 euro for it - again, dunno if it needs to have a barcode for them to accept it. I'd be keen to get rid of it quick enough; it looks good but ain't no way I'll be playing through to the end.

adverts man, got rid of mine for 45

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

elWizard wrote: »

Yes. mine was the bundled version.

Thats some amount of comments you have there. have you nothing better to be doing? ;)

What's the servers like today? I think i might leave Fifa online for another week and see what its like

I'm on this about 5 years hahaha dunno yet just on me way home from work I'll go on shortly and see what the story is, I reckon it'll be a couple of weeks before they sort it though. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 31 B.O Problem

Has anyone played any kids related games with the ps4 camera? Am wondering is it worth the punt for me nephew?

Has anyone played any kids related games with the ps4 camera? Am wondering is it worth the punt for me nephew?

It is not really worth it at the moment, you only have one game and the ability to play with the little robots, but it is really only a novelty that gets boring very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 B.O Problem

Xenji wrote: »
    It is not really worth it at the moment, you only have one game and the ability to play with the little robots, but it is really only a novelty that gets boring very quickly.

Nice one! He seen on the late late. Il hold off so!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Emmm... Lads... if ps4 is in stand by mode. You cant tuern it on with vita and activate cross play?

I was a bit dissapointed that I could not play in my bed as I though it was too far from PS4, but I am in same room and trying to turn on ps4 with vita remote play. So looks like you got to turn on physicly ps4 and then use remote play?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Emmm... Lads... if ps4 is in stand by mode. You cant tuern it on with vita and activate cross play?

I was a bit dissapointed that I could not play in my bed as I though it was too far from PS4, but I am in same room and trying to turn on ps4 with vita remote play. So looks like you got to turn on physicly ps4 and then use remote play?

Do you have the PS4 set to keep its internet connection going when in standby?

Edit - just tested it, I can turn on the PS4 with the Vita.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement