Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Xenji wrote: »
    Christ that "Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order" thread has nearly 120,000 views now :eek:

From about 119,000 new members,.....:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Just on the camera lads, have any of you tried just dance with it? Thinking of picking it up for she who must be obeyed..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Does anyone know what sort of prices they are selling used games for in Gamestop, I know they have a lot of both Killzone and Knack.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Emmm... Lads... if ps4 is in stand by mode. You cant tuern it on with vita and activate cross play?

I was a bit dissapointed that I could not play in my bed as I though it was too far from PS4, but I am in same room and trying to turn on ps4 with vita remote play. So looks like you got to turn on physicly ps4 and then use remote play?

You must certainly can. I did it last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Got €52.50 trade in at HMV for Killzone towards BF4.

Gamestop offered me €28, they're scumbags!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

danthefan wrote: »
    Do you have the PS4 set to keep its internet connection going when in standby?

Edit - just tested it, I can turn on the PS4 with the Vita.

Yup, I just checked. You actually need to activate it "remote play settings" and in "Power saving settings".

Looks like if you need manually to turn on everything so it would go in to stand by mode. If you dont, it just completely shuts down. I now set it to still power on USB in stand by mode and use internet ( I presume it iwll fetxh all updates (. I wonder will it take much of Electricity in stand by modE?

One more thing. I see they finally fired up that live feed thing. I though I can watch what friends play on ps4? Did I miss understood or that function is not active yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

flynner13 wrote: »

Yeah Gamestop are.

The Entertainment Exchange shops do a decent cash price too. €42 cash for most of the next gen games.

You can check HERE

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

flynner13 wrote: »

Not really, the more they get in, the less you will get, mine has close to 20 in already, they had to stop the trade in deal with Killzone and get another game for €20 after a day because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Some more PSN functions were enabled for today, there's more social/game activity stuff as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah its a nice adition seeing what other people are up to. Replying to messages mid game is nice and quick, its all just running very nice. DS4 is an absolute joy to use as well. I was supposed to put my PS4 away till Christmas but I.....Just....can't..... Do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭matt360

Anyone know how much I can get for killzone if I trade into Gamestop/xtravision/Smyths etc?
    Just saw previous posts.
    Is anyone here playing killzone multiplayer?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Picked up my PS4 in Argos today.
    I put in NBA2K 14 but it won't read the disk!

After 20 minutes of fiddling about I ring playstation support. I end up talking to him for nearly 30mins and nothing is fixed. Blu rays,Dvd's and Games won't work.

He decides that its best to send me a new PS4 but first he needs the serial code.
    He asks me to turn over the PS4 because its at the bottom. Thing is my serial number is at the top.

Then it hits me... I've had the PS4 upside down the whole time :pac:
    Blonde moment indeed.

Bwahahahaha that is brilliant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Mr blobby
    crazy hpw simple things happen is it all sorted now yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

I must be the only person that cant get the app to work on my galaxy s4
    it works fine on the wifes iphone but not on my s4
    its bugging the sh1t outta me
    ive deleted and reinstalled it loads of times but it just keeps loading up a sign in page and redirecting me back to the app with no details

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Picked up my PS4 in Argos today.
    I put NBA2K 14 but it won't read the disk!

After 20 minutes of fiddling about I ring playstation support. I end up talking to him for nearly 30mins and nothing is fixed. Blu rays,Dvd's and Games won't work.

He decides that its best to send me a new PS4 but first he needs the serial code.
    He asks me to turn over the PS4 because its at the bottom. Thing is my serial number is at the top.

Then it hits me... I've had the PS4 upside down the hole time :pac:
    Blonde moment indeed.

Na. I'de say it was more a Mister Blobby moment :P

Glad you worked it out ;)

Mr blobby
    crazy hpw simple things happen is it all sorted now yeah

Yep working great now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Played some ghost over ps vita just now. Unfortunately it was not as good as I wanted due to ps4 in different room. :( I tried all day to get WiFi Repeater to work, but I just got passed off beyond believe. Looks like all android device. Work fine, but as soon as repeater goes up my ps vita ( and ps3 too) just completely lose internet connection.

I'll try it again tomorrow or I will look for other way on boosting WiFi in bedroom.

Anyone know what Xtra-vision are giving trade in for Knack?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I finally started knack today, dunno what the reviews were on about, I love it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yeah I started it with my wife today, its good fun, tho she keeps hitting me :( and says it's an accident >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Waiting for War thunder to download. Looks Quiet good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

resogun - i have no idea when the humans can be saved..they just randomely get killed without me knowing theyre out of their little box :S

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Illinformed

Does anyone know when Gamestop are contacting people about the 2nd batch of PS4? Keep been told late next week and then when I rang today she said Saturday 7th?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

MarkY91 wrote: »
    resogun - i have no idea when the humans can be saved..they just randomely get killed without me knowing theyre out of their little box :S

When you hear "keepers detected" look for the baddies that are glowing green when you kill them a human will be released. You need to keep an eye on where the beam goes to know what human was released.
    Others you will need to have a high multiplyer.

I don't know why it won't let me add 2 pic attachments but if you go to Resoguns Facebook page there's a post that gives good tips about saving humans.

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Waiting for War thunder to download. Looks Quiet good.

War Thunder is my favourite PS4 game, had a great few games with my stuka today.

Took out a few tanks while I'd 2 fighters after me before a quick turn had the nearest fighter still on me while the 2nd was now in front and coming right at me, bit of a quick monouver and I'm past the oncoming fighter and he's straight into the trailing one. I'd most of my right wing gone but managed to make it to the airfield for repairs, but it did take time to land due to all the damage and my inability to turn left or go straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I love this f****ing console.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I love this f****ing console.

Only thing that could make it better would have been if Gamestop hadn't realized they'd not charge me yet, money went today.

Just cleared Contrast, really really enjoyed it. Buggy as hell but great concept, story, art and atmosphere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Really happy with the console too, though a bit disappointed with the DS4 battery life.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement