Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

v3ttel wrote: »
    I offered to send mine back to them and he just said to keep it.

You really can't beat Amazon for customer service.
    ha send it back so to sony and get a new one if they think its faulty and bang you can have 2 good ones for the price of 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

cloud493 wrote: »
    I wouldn't say knack is quite worth the 64.99 price tag, but I'm loving it as it stands. Dunno what the reviews are on about.

No way is Knack worth 65 quid!.....i will almost bet money it will be free on PS+ within a year. And Killzone is not worth 70 quid either!

With both games bundled albeit it not for sale copies, the resale and trade in value will fall through the floor very quickly!

It'll be worthless, probably 12 quid by February.....as such like others have said i hope to pick up both games for like 15 quid each in the new year.

They are already down to 30-35 on Adverts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Bound to happen, they know well that there's only a small library of titles available for launch on both consoles, so buy giving you eff all as a trade in, they'll maximise profits when they resell.

Thats not it, they gamed the system before the console even launched!....Gamestop set the trade in/cash value at a sickening level, because they knew everyone would trade in bundled games.

The problem is the Gamestop SCUM are buying for 18 quid and reselling for 60 or 65!!!!!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

jenjenten wrote: »
    Thats not it, they gamed the system before the console even launched!....Gamestop set the trade in/cash value at a sickening level, because they knew everyone would trade in bundled games.

The problem is the Gamestop SCUM are buying for 18 quid and reselling for 60 or 65!!!!!!!! :mad:

Yeah but you'd want to be a right tard to buy a second hand game for that price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

iSVPU8uPxyDpw.gif

Grand Turismo creator gets a street named after him in Spain, he looks genuinely thrilled, happy for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

RasTa wrote: »
    iSVPU8uPxyDpw.gif

Grand Turismo creator gets a street named after him in Spain, he looks genuinely thrilled, happy for him.

A bit off topic, but I guess there is embargo for GT6 till friday?

I might trade in Diablo 3 and GTA5 for it. GT6 would be the only game that would make me use ps3 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

A bit off topic, but I guess there is embargo for GT6 till friday?

I might trade in Diablo 3 and GTA5 for it. GT6 would be the only game that would make me use ps3 now.

Yeah, I didn't even know it was coming out tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Grayditch wrote: »
    I love this f****ing console.

Me too, especially the little things like voice commands :)

One thing that annoys me though is that the PS4 Camera Microphone is always on and auto broadcasts game chat. I noticed it yesterday playing FIFA and could not find a way to mute or turn off this feature except for plugging out the camera or disabling voice commands which I rather like.
    Hope this is patched soon.
    Anyone see this in other games?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

I cant wait for Gran Turismo on PS$

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Blacklight: Retribution came out today if anyone has not grabbed it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭ccull123

Otacon wrote: »
    Nope. Free to play. There are micro-transactions etc. but I haven't need them yet.

Can you tell me where I go to play this. First time member of Playstation n/w.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

ccull123 wrote: »
    Can you tell me where I go to play this. First time member of Playstation n/w.

I downloaded it yesterday from the PS store. Just searched free games and downloaded from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone get the Free DC Universe Online yet? I played it on PS3 but I didn't play it much, any difference on PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Anyone get the Free DC Universe Online yet? I played it on PS3 but I didn't play it much, any difference on PS4?

Played around with it for a bit, seemed alright, have not gone back to it since though, the graphics looked good, nothing stunning though.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

Vidzone is on the store. Ads are annoying as hell though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Finally have a working PS4! Of course I've probably jinxed it now and when I get back home from work the cats will have eaten it or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Finally have a working PS4! Of course I've probably jinxed it now and when I get back home from work the cats will have eaten it or something.

LMAO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Picked up AC4 yesterday. Got the PS3 version for $29.99 on amazon and the upgrade for $9.99 on sony store. To get the PS4 version in either was $59.99 so I'm happy to have saved $20 and gotten both versions of the game to boot.

W

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

NotorietyH wrote: »

You laugh, but d'ya know the way you have to connect the DS4 via USB when you set the PS4 up first....... had to sit the console on the edge of the TV stands highest shelf so I could sit on the couch and use the controller. My cat decided to make a jump for the cable. Ripped the controller and USB cable out of my hand to the far side of the room. Somehow the console didn't fall off the shelf and smash onto the ground even though it moved a good bit.

Could you imagine if it'd fallen less than 2 mins after turning it on for the first time.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Man resogun. That game is great. Housemarque are brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

v3ttel wrote: »
    You laugh, but d'ya know the way you have to connect the DS4 via USB when you set the PS4 up first....... had to sit the console on the edge of the TV stands highest shelf so I could sit on the couch and use the controller. My cat decided to make a jump for the cable. Ripped the controller and USB cable out of my hand to the far side of the room. Somehow the console didn't fall off the shelf and smash onto the ground even though it moved a good bit.

Could you imagine if it'd fallen less than 2 mins after turning it on for the first time.......

Ha, I wouldn't laugh, I'm completely paranoid about my cats doing the very same. Have had a couple of close calls over the years. I'm clumsy enough myself too, have caught the charging cable with my foot a couple of times. If I leave the cover open on my iPad, whatever it is about the material the screen is made of my cat loves to scratch it frantically the second I leave it unattended. I've got ninja like reflexes as a result though or constantly having to grab things or move things out of the way of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

Would anyone recommend a good TV for playing PS4? I've had the same TV for the last couple of years and it's only 720p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Would anyone recommend a good TV for playing PS4? I've had the same TV for the last couple of years and it's only 720p.

projector! i used it with my ps3, now have it for my ps4. runs 1080i,beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

sheehy83 wrote: »

It runs amazingly compared to the PS3 version, it's very smooth.

I've got a hero on the PVP server if anyone is interested for some missions.

Check pixmania lad, I picked up a 42 inch LG for €360 during a sale there 2 weeks ago. It is class

hallo dare wrote: »
    projector! i used it with my ps3, now have it for my ps4. runs 1080i,beautiful.

Is it really better than a TV though? never seen anything like a ps4 running on a projector just wondering

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

srumball wrote: »
    Check pixmania lad, I picked up a 42 inch LG for €360 during a sale there 2 weeks ago. It is class

Pixmania.ie is class for tellies. Got a tv last year for 900 or so when it was close to 1300 in stores here.

I would recommend any LG or Samsung LED tv for the past year or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,323 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Huzzah for free texts, wrecking scalpers heads all day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

srumball wrote: »
    Is it really better than a TV though? never seen anything like a ps4 running on a projector just wondering

that i can't say, as i only ever use it on the projector. quality is excellent, especially when playing bf4 and the like when I'm sniping as it gives the advantage of being a bigger image so you can see things alot easier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

I played on a projector a few times - 12x8ft gaming is awesome!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement