Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jvrk

srumball wrote: »
    Is it really better than a TV though? never seen anything like a ps4 running on a projector just wondering
    I have it running on a full 1080p projector on a 10 foot screen and its unbelievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,898 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

DaLad wrote: »
    Pixmania.ie is class for tellies. Got a tv last year for 900 or so when it was close to 1300 in stores here.

I would recommend any LG or Samsung LED tv for the past year or 2.

I got an LG 42 inch LED 3D from Argos during the summer, about 400 quid in the sale, think it was down because its not a smart tv but didn't need one. Not sure of the model but would definitely recommend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

jvrk wrote: »
    I have it running on a full 1080p projector on a 10 foot screen and its unbelievable.
    can you run saorview through a projector might replace the tv in the sitting room?
    also have 5.1 surround sound would that work too?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jvrk

I have a amp that runs the surround sound with the ps4 and sky hooked up to it as well as a 3d bluray player so if you had a saorview box then it would work total cost for projector and screen was €900 a Optoma HD131X full hd 3d.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

seanand wrote: »
    can you run saorview through a projector might replace the tv in the sitting room?
    also have 5.1 surround sound would that work too?

Absolutely. the way ive mine set up is, hdmi running to projector and audio out going to surround sound. all outfits are different, so get an idea of what you want, what you have and see the best way of setting them all up for your outfit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I expected the glossy part of the PS4 t o be a bit of a scratch magnet in all, but ya swear I went at mine with sandpaper. I haven't done anything that would warrant those scratches either. Ah well, I guess once it runs and plays smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Still stuck at work, has anyone played Blacklight: Retribution yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

I must be the only person that cant get the app to work on my galaxy s4
    it works fine on the wifes iphone but not on my s4
    its bugging the sh1t outta me
    ive deleted and reinstalled it loads of times but it just keeps loading up a sign in page and redirecting me back to the app with no details

It works on my s4, thats not much help too you though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Does anyone know when you order a PS4 controller from Amazon does it come with the headphones too?

• Advertisement

MuddyDog wrote: »
    Does anyone know when you order a PS4 controller from Amazon does it come with the headphones too?

Not sure, but you can use any headphones with the controller, not just the official ones, same with mics.

Xenji wrote: »
    Not sure, but you can use any headphones with the controller, not just the official ones, same with mics.

Didn't cop that. So my iPhone 5 headphones would actually be a better job then?

Didn't cop that. So my iPhone 5 headphones would actually be a better job then?

Yep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Downloading Blacklight now. Guess I'll have to play something while I wait, like, I dunno, that plane game. Again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

What's black light?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

What's black light?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Downloading Black light now while playing NFS! Love that we can do that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Well had a good hour with PS4 there. Was able to deactivate my borked ps4 and make new one my primary system so finally got to play Resogun. Love it so far though I'm ****e at it. It's a perfect what I call my 'podcast games' can just throw it on and blast away for a couple of hours trying to beat my high scores while catching up on podcasts. Have a feeling it's going to get a lot of play.

The system itself is great, surprised at how good the voice recognition is. Has worked flawlessly for me so far, and it's very quick. Could still hit buttons but I'm almost in the habit of using voice when I can now. Very handy to get to home screen, say name of game then say start and it's launched.

Have to go out now for a couple of hours but should have a nice stretch of time tonight to really get into games proper. Have only had quick goes on a few games so far. Need for Speed, FIFA, Resogun and Killzone. Going to crack into ACIV tonight methinks.

Is anyone playing the multiplayer for Assassin's Creed? I loved it in Brotherhood and Revelations.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

srumball wrote: »
    Check pixmania lad, I picked up a 42 inch LG for €360 during a sale there 2 weeks ago. It is class

Cheers for the site, I found this one on it, anyone think it's any decent?
    http://www.pixmania.ie/led-tv/toshiba-50l4333df-led-smart-tv/21478572-a.html

Don't see anything wrong with that. Buy me one whilst you're at it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

I have the 42" version, very happy with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Would anyone recommend a good TV for playing PS4? I've had the same TV for the last couple of years and it's only 720p.
    A Sony 42W653 would be a good shout as well. A decent set for not a whole load of cash, and very good for gaming apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Drum.lad

Walking out the door to work and the just caught the postman.Setting it up now,love the second screen on the iPhone.Going to download some free stuff and see just how bad killzone is.

Drum.lad wrote: »
    Walking out the door to work and the just caught the postman.Setting it up now,love the second screen on the iPhone.Going to download some free stuff and see just how bad killzone is.

I can't get the 2nd screen to work on my iphone. It just says 2nd screen not in use...

If you were walking out the door to work, shouldn't you be on the way to work right now or did you mean this morning? lol

DaLad wrote: »
    If you were walking out the door to work, shouldn't you be on the way to work right now or did you mean this morning? lol

this morning was walking out the door and i saw him pull up..i considered calling in sick.

Was walking out the door and i saw him pull up..i considered calling in sick.

Gaming priorities in order lol :P

I can't get the 2nd screen to work on my iphone. It just says 2nd screen not in use...

You can use the second screen keyboard to type on the ps4.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

As it is War Thunder is such an entertaining game but it's very hard to figure out what to do.

I've only really figured out how to add more planes, add points to your crew etc today.

They just need to tidy the UI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

tok9 wrote: »
    As it is War Thunder is such an entertaining game but it's very hard to figure out what to do.

I've only really figured out how to add more planes, add points to your crew etc today.

They just need to tidy the UI.

Just found out that R2 and L2 are the right and left mouse click, and at times you need to use those with the touch pad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement