Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It's tough to manvouver the War Thunder menus alright :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

played resogun a few times over the week and didnt see the appeal to it.

played more today and its pulling me back for more and more...i am sucked in to the addicted that ll you guys have had since day 1 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I started playing Contrat tonight. I had downloaded it the first night but overlooked it in favour if bigger games. I'm about a half hour in and quite enjoying it. It does a very good job at setting up a unique atmosphere that I've not seen used in a game before.

As an aside I was playing it via Remote Play and it was flawless.

is trine 2 any good? i might buy it off the store

MarkY91 wrote: »
    is trine 2 any good? i might buy it off the store

Incredible if doing it co-op. I've never played it on my own, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,323 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Black Light is alright........

• Registered Users Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭lertsnim

So I downloaded the demos for Trine 2 and Marvel Super Heroes from the US PSN tonight and they cannot be played using my Irish account. Is this right? They can only played using my US account?

When viewed on my Irish account they have a lock symbol on them as shown in the picture attached. Is this normal or can it be rectified?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

lertsnim wrote: »
    So I downloaded the demos for Trine 2 and Marvel Super Heroes from the US PSN tonight and they cannot be played using my Irish account. Is this right? They can only played using my US account?

When viewed on my Irish account they have a lock symbol on them as shown in the picture attached. Is this normal or can it be rectified?

Did you activate the US account on the PS4

Varik wrote: »
    Did you activate the US account on the PS4

Could have sworn I did but activated it again and it seems to have resolved the problem :)

Many thanks

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed in Killzone. It's brilliant in places, but patchy overall. I'm a big fan of the series, so I'll keep at it and see if MP interests me. One thing I will say is that putting on some quality headphones makes the game much more enjoyable. The shooting mechanics are top notch, too. It's just the dull level design that lets it down a bit, this time around. 7.5 average is probably about right.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Looks like PS4 owners get their own version of Forza's ridiculous DLC prices, in Gran Turismo 6. It'll only cost you $210 (aussie dollars) to buy the Jaguar XJ13. You can of course earn it in game, so hopefully it won't take as stupidly long to earn it ingame.
    The Australian pricing is as follows…

Cr. 500,000 — AUD $7.35
    Cr. 1,000,000 — AUD $14.45
    Cr. 2,500,000 — AUD $29.95
    Cr. 7,000,000 — AUD $73.95

That means that if you wanted to buy the Jaguar XJ13, one of the most expensive cars in the game, it would cost you over $210 actual real life dollars (or 20 million credits in-game).

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/12/gran-turismo-6s-microtransaction-pricing-is-pretty-steep/

Gran Turismo 6 is a PS3 game, though. PS4 will get Drive Club. A version of it for free on Plus, at that. That'll have some sort of pay scheme, too I presume.

Might as well call these new car games Micro(transaction) Machines.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Huh, thought it was a PS4 release for some reason. Oh well, ignore me :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed in Killzone. It's brilliant in places, but patchy overall. I'm a big fan of the series, so I'll keep at it and see if MP interests me. One thing I will say is that putting on some quality headphones makes the game much more enjoyable. The shooting mechanics are top notch, too. It's just the dull level design that lets it down a bit, this time around. 7.5 average is probably about right.
    I kind of like the level design. Has more of a Crysis feel to it and is a lot less on-rails.

Although I'm only on Chapter 4 atm, the intro to it just looks amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Potentially stupid question here: Will the original Move controllers work with the PS4 and if yes are any games available yet?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Question: How does one activate a US PSN account?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

3rdDegree wrote: »
    Potentially stupid question here: Will the original Move controllers work with the PS4 and if yes are any games available yet?

Thanks

You can use the move with the PS4, but as far as I know you cannot use it with any games yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

srumball wrote: »

Heres a good guide
    http://www.nowgamer.com/features/2176331/ps4_how_to_buy_us_digital_psn_games.html

srumball wrote: »

Settings >> PSN IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Just ordered one of these until the PS4 will support streaming from my laptop:

http://www.google.ie/intl/en/chrome/devices/chromecast/

• Advertisement

Why oh why is the store on the Irish store not layed out in the sensical layout that the Americans have. They have a section for Demos for example. Everything is lumped together in one section for us.

I had a similar complaint on the PS3 also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Does anybody else have vertical scratching on their discs? I noticed quite a few (fairly nasty scratches) last night when i took out Fifa. I don't have any other PS4 games to check but this isn't happening with dvds.

I put in a few ps3 games just to test it and it's scratching them as well :( I always have my console horizontal.

lertsnim wrote: »
    Why oh why is the store on the Irish store not layed out in the sensical layout that the Americans have. They have a section for Demos for example. Everything is lumped together in one section for us.

I had a similar complaint on the PS3 also.

because they dont give a fcuk about pleasing anyone but the americans

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Has anyone tried to trade in their Killzone from the bundle, that has the little yellow box on the game case saying "Not to be sold separately" ?

Has anyone tried to trade in their Killzone from the bundle, that has the little yellow box on the game case saying "Not to be sold separately" ?

Was able to do it last Friday in Gamestop, got AC4 for €20 when i did, but they will only give you around €30 for it now as they are getting loads in.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Does anyone know how to sign back into PSN? I've gotten disconnected a few times in game but the only way I know how to sign back into PSN is to turn off and on the console again

Battleflag wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to sign back into PSN? I've gotten disconnected a few times in game but the only way I know how to sign back into PSN is to turn off and on the console again

The quickest way to do it is just click on the PSN store and it will sign you back in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Xenji wrote: »
    The quickest way to do it is just click on the PSN store and it will sign you back in.

Didn't know that.
    Also, Settings>PSN>Sign In.

I wish the Music Unlimited app would stay open in the background, instead of just the player. When I want to change albums, it actually takes a while to load up again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

So after a mega AC4 session yesterday, the left analogue stick on my red controller is starting to wear away. Very disappointing seems to be a bit of problem with that. If it gets any worse I'll have to bring it back to gamestop my only worry is that all of them are made that way. Whatever material they've used doesn't seem to be very tough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement