Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

anyone know what the new 600mb patch for battlefield 4 is for? Just downloading it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

hallo dare wrote: »
    anyone know what the new 600mb patch for battlefield 4 is for? Just downloading it now.

"We are now rolling out the new PS4 game update. You might be booted from ongoing games before you can reconnect to the new server versions that are rolling out at the same time. Change notes below.

NOTE: This small patch was pushed live as quickly as possible to deal primarily with the "one-hit kill" bug. We are already working on the next PS4 update that will contain more fixes and have a bigger focus on game stability. Stay tuned.

Dec 5 PS4 Game Update Notes
    -Fixed the "one-hit kill" bug where damage from a single bullet sometimes was applied multiple times. This could lead to firefights where normal rifles sometimes dealt one-shot kills, which is not as designed.
    -Fixed a crash that could occur when having a very large amounts of Friends
    -Enabled audio in PS4 video captures

One-hit Kill Bug Explained
    We are seeing reports from people that this is still present, with descriptions such as "I came around the edge of a building and died instantly". It is important to understand that this is not the One-hit Kill Bug, that is another issue that we are working on addressing. For this, it is important to understand how some of the interpretations made by the game happen so that you can understand the difference.

We saw an issue where a bullet travelling towards an opponent would cause damage in one frame, and then again in the next frame. Therefore bullets would cause 2x damage if they hit the target between these two frames. This issue has been addressed.

The issue of dying before you saw who shot you is a different beast. We use a term called Interpolation in reference to where you are in the game world. There are instances where the death camera is initiated before the correct internet packets have arrived to be interpolated by your camera. This gives the impression that you were killed by "one shot" as someone came around the corner of a building. We have identified this issue and will address it in upcoming updates."

Source

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    So after a mega AC4 session yesterday, the left analogue stick on my red controller is starting to wear away. Very disappointing seems to be a bit of problem with that. If it gets any worse I'll have to bring it back to gamestop my only worry is that all of them are made that way. Whatever material they've used doesn't seem to be very tough.

Ah crap, I keep checking mine for wear. Hopefully Sony on the case and are taking it serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Ah crap, I keep checking mine for wear. Hopefully Sony on the case and are taking it serious.

Just posted a pic there :( I'm gonna post to Shuhei on twitter also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Why aren't my PS4 trophies showing up on my newsfeed? Its all linked, says display trophies on my newsfeed, I can upload screenshots to it, just trophies aren't coming up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Xenji wrote: »
    Was able to do it last Friday in Gamestop, got AC4 for €20 when i did, but they will only give you around €30 for it now as they are getting loads in.

Good to know, cheers.

Edit, just gave xtravision a buzz, theyl only take KZSF (with the "not to be sold separately" writing)for trade in if you bought the bundle from them and have a receipt to prove it.
    For regular unbundled KZSF, their giving 40e.

Gamestop is giving 20 cash or 25 trade in. But when i mentioned the "not for resale writing" on the box, he said "sry, i dont think we can take that"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Really? I just popped in to them and they "offered" 20 cash/25 credit for KZ. This was the megabundle version and I did not buy it from them.

Gonna try a few more places tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I got €45 trade in value for KZ bundle version in Smyths ,Waterford.

I was the 1st one to trade a PS4 game in.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Really? I just popped in to them and they "offered" 20 cash/25 credit for KZ. This was the megabundle version and I did not buy it from them.

Gonna try a few more places tomorrow.

Was that in Gamestop ?

I got the impression over the phone that the gamestop dude wasnt really sure when i mentioned the "not to be sold separately" thingy.

Might just walk in tomorrow and see what i can get for it.

Was that in Gamestop ?

I got the impression over the phone that the gamestop dude wasnt really sure when i mentioned the "not to be sold separately" thingy.

Either way they will charge about 55 for it second hand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Grayditch wrote: »
    I wish the Music Unlimited app would stay open in the background, instead of just the player. When I want to change albums, it actually takes a while to load up again.

Doesn't bother me that much TBH. The fact I can pause and change tracks of an album by holding the ps button is good enough for me. I really don't find it that much of a chore having to go into Music Unlimited if I want to change albums mid-game. Just glad we finally have this feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I wish they'd make the app stay open. I'm finally getting used to everything being so fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    So after a mega AC4 session yesterday, the left analogue stick on my red controller is starting to wear away. Very disappointing seems to be a bit of problem with that. If it gets any worse I'll have to bring it back to gamestop my only worry is that all of them are made that way. Whatever material they've used doesn't seem to be very tough.

That's pretty disappointing. :(

Quite a few reports of this, hopefully it's a manufacturing fault in just some and not a design fault in all.

My 360 sticks have worn down a bit but the material in them is tougher and so hasn't look wrecked like that stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Was that in Gamestop ?

Xtravision

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Finally got a bit of time with the PS4 last night after buying it on Sunday, damn family commitments.

I've owned a PS1, PS2 and last gen went 360.

PSN: Very cool. Love the fact that I could setup an US account so I could redeem my codes for Black Flag which I bought from Video Games Plus. PS+ is a fantastic idea.

Constrast: Strangely the game I spent the most time last night playing. Far better than the reviews suggest, I love the style and the idea behind it. There are a few glitches but no show stoppers so far.

War Thunder and other F2P: Amazed at the amount of F2P games. Played a little War Thunder. Could see myself playing a lot more. It's a bit confusing, lots of stuff thrown at the player all at once (Research, crews???). Menu screen very full. Looking forward to playing DC Universe.

Still need to get stuck into Resogun, Black Flag, Need for Speed and Knack as well.

Very happy so far. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Iv heard poor enough reports about killzone but I was wondering what is the multiplayer side of it like?

Killzone is great lads, I shall defend it to the death :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Ah it's not bad. I'm just getting into the MP today, so I hope it keeps my attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Got my first PS4 Platinum! Resogun! :D It was quite hard and enraging but i loved it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

nocoverart wrote: »
    Does anybody else have vertical scratching on their discs? I noticed quite a few (fairly nasty scratches) last night when i took out Fifa. I don't have any other PS4 games to check but this isn't happening with dvds.

I put in a few ps3 games just to test it and it's scratching them as well :( I always have my console horizontal.
    Is it a scratch or residue left on the disc?

• Advertisement

Anyone play blacklight retribution ?. I had 2 matches yesterday. It shows the ping for each player on the scoreboard, and mine was around 266 for both matches, and the worst some guy had over 500 ms ping. Thats some dreadful delay.

Apart from that the ingame lag was pretty bad too, and some rubber banding. and visually, it doesnt hold up to the pc version(and it should easily), imo from what iv played of both, it plays like a sloppy, rushed port.

Theres texture streaming problems on the ps4 aswell, and generally it just doesnt have the same level of visual quality you get on the pc. tbh the game feels like testing a beta or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Klair88 wrote: »
    ...It was quite hard..... i loved it!

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

While waiting for Tiny Brains to download ( by the way it is awesome ) I downloaded Crunchyroll as well and it works perfectly, no need to change the DNS setting or anything.

Klair88 wrote: »
    Got my first PS4 Platinum! Resogun! :D It was quite hard and enraging but i loved it!

Well done!

creepy-smile-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-179.gif

Here's some of my screenshots. Love this console <3

1493296_1491028071122443_1608068054_o.jpg

903915_1490786177813299_1158420562_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mileslow

nocoverart wrote: »
    Does anybody else have vertical scratching on their discs? I noticed quite a few (fairly nasty scratches) last night when i took out Fifa. I don't have any other PS4 games to check but this isn't happening with dvds.

I put in a few ps3 games just to test it and it's scratching them as well :( I always have my console horizontal.

A tad worrying! I'll check mine later, horizontal too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

King Krib wrote: »
    Is it a scratch or residue left on the disc?

No, thin vertical scratches. Like it's been scraped but no sign of dirt or anything near the drive. Everytime I take the disc out it seems to have a new one now. Like i said I tested PS3 games and the same thing is happening, but DVD's seem to be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Iv heard poor enough reports about killzone but I was wondering what is the multiplayer side of it like?

I think it's a lot of fun. Had some really frantic moments and some slow paced tactical moments so I think the pace is fairly well mixed. Maps can be confusing and some suffer from that "lets all rush to the one spot" mindset in players. The game mode that changes the objective every few minutes is my favourite so far. My one fear would be that it gets old after a few weeks, doesn't seem to be much variation in guns but maybe I've just not unlocked them, can't tell. I also don't like the scoreboard, I can't find out how my deaths I've had in a game. Also not having chat is pretty unforgivable in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

ive battlefield 4 from Gamestop, if i purchase the premium pack from the us psn through my us account will the premium work with my normal account?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

hallo dare wrote: »
    ive battlefield 4 from Gamestop, if i purchase the premium pack from the us psn through my us account will the premium work with my normal account?

Thanks

Can't say for certain but it should as it gets applied to your Battlelog account more so than your PSN account.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement