Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

DaLad wrote: »
    Can't say for certain but it should as it gets applied to your Battlelog account more so than your PSN account.

$50 in comparison to €50, there's a few quid to be saved there. but equally a few quid to be lost if it doesn't work. :O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

How's everyone finding the battery on the ds4?
    The led seems to be draining it very fast

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

spider_pig wrote: »
    How's everyone finding the battery on the ds4?
    The led seems to be draining it very fast

Yeh I find it to be dying very quickly as opposed to my DS3, the LED is a big drain on it.
    As it turns out, quite a bit. After dismantling one of his controllers he discovered the LEDs are connected to the main PCB with a ribbon cable — super easy to detach. He then performed some rather unscientific tests of leaving the controllers on over night. His empirical conclusion? If you leave the controller with lights on it will die within 24 hours, if you disable the lights, it will still be at approximately 66% battery capacity after the same amount of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

cloud493 wrote: »
    Here's some of my screenshots. Love this console <3

1493296_1491028071122443_1608068054_o.jpg

903915_1490786177813299_1158420562_o.jpg

graphics look mint pal, please God my two young lads will get to enjoy it christmas morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I think I might get rid of the lights. One of the only design flaws with the whole thing. They light up the wall behind my tele at night and, yeah the battery life isn't half what I'd expect. It's not causing me too much hassle, just a bit annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Iv just ordered one off amazon for pre Christmas thankfully and have a few questions maybe people with it already can answer please.

Are disc games installed to the hard drive or do they keep spinning while playing?
    Is it noisy, coming from an Xbox 360 I really hope it isn't?
    How do you charge the controllers?
    Can you buy digitally from a US account and play on my normal account?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Iv just ordered one off amazon for pre Christmas thankfully and have a few questions maybe people with it already can answer please.

Are disc games installed to the hard drive or do they keep spinning while playing?
    Is it noisy, coming from an Xbox 360 I really hope it isn't?
    How do you charge the controllers?

Games installed to HDD
    PS4 is close to silent
    via USB
    Not sure

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

DeSelby83 wrote: »

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Or will it need an update. I'm minding my nephews Santa present and was told by a colleague that it will update itself when connected to the internet which will take an hour or so, meaning he won't be able to play it when he opens it.

Should I update it for him first?

(this is not an excuse to stay up playing battlefield 4 for futher testing :D)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How do you take screen shots of games?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

How do you take screen shots of games?

Share button - upload screenshot, screenshot is taken and you can either tweet or facebook it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

cloud493 wrote: »
    Share button - upload screenshot, screenshot is taken and you can either tweet or facebook it.

Nice one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Or will it need an update. I'm minding my nephews Santa present and was told by a colleague that it will update itself when connected to the internet which will take an hour or so, meaning he won't be able to play it when he opens it.

I'm getting one for my nephews with the help of a few family members seeing as I can't afford my pre-order myself.

I intend to take it out of the box and give it some rigorous testing over the course of two weeks or so...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

OK so I have a US PSN account set up. If I activate it as my primary account will a us psn subscription work accroas all my accounts. I basically want to make the US account my secondary account for cheap digital games and PS+

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

http://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2013/12/06/sony-warns-of-irregular-activity-on-psn-accounts

After the ps3 hack i would be very nervous reading this lads..imagine they close online doors again for weeks on end due to unusual activity

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

http://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2013/12/06/sony-warns-of-irregular-activity-on-psn-accounts

After the ps3 hack i would be very nervous reading this lads..imagine they close online doors again for weeks on end due to unusual activity

I was asked to change my password last night, doesn't bother me in the slightest, I see it as Sony is being more cautious over what happened before which is obviously a good thing. That guy is just being an alarmist.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

The update time will depend on how fast your internet speed is. The update itself isn't massive (roughly 400MB, I think). Once I was connected to my WiFi, it probably took 10-12 mins from the time I turned it, to the time the update was downloaded & installed.

There's a bit of profile setup after that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

I also got asked to change mine. Doesn't bother me as I check my account regularly. I just look at it as a better way of securing my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

How is this somehow considered a bad thing?

Since the hack, Sony have clearly battened down the hatches in terms of security. They are monitoring the network closely and at the briefest hint of something fishy going on, they do everything they can to protect users while maintaining a good service.

• Advertisement

Otacon wrote: »
    How is this somehow considered a bad thing?

War points.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It is the 4th time in the last few weeks people have been asked to do this, it is just a precaution, would not of even made the news had the PS4 not been released.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Grayditch wrote: »
    War points.

Ammunition for opposing camp!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Does anyone know that the four little dots represent beneath each trophy. Some times the dots are coloured in sometimes not.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

Does anyone know that the four little dots represent beneath each trophy. Some times the dots are coloured in sometimes not.

It tells you how rare the trophies are and the percentage is the percentage of people that have that trophy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Playing the demo of this last night

tzQ1aaV.jpg

charleycry8el9q3kyj.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Go and buy it, awesome game and even better when you play co-op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Xenji wrote: »
    Go and buy it, awesome game and even better when you play co-op.

Is that Trine? How much is it Xenji?

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭_Puma_

Trine is fantastic. Easily one of the best games I've picked up in a long time, made all the more sweeter that I picked it up for a bargain on the Steam Flash sale. I actually feel compelled to give the Developers more money! Is the PS4 version cross platform along with the other versions?

• Advertisement

No, as it's a different version called "The Complete Story".

I agree, though, it's a brilliant game. Gonna try finish it tonight with the missus.

The game, not the relationship... althought... more PS4 time... :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement